Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  What is needed to put a Quad 4 is a 84 fiero (PLEASE Make a list of Parts Needed)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

What is needed to put a Quad 4 is a 84 fiero (PLEASE Make a list of Parts Needed) by ig88vsbobafett
Started on: 02-09-2002 02:10 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: zeelebuba on 02-09-2002 05:57 PM
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
So far i no i need
Quad 4 (Will one of a 198? Cutlass 442)
ECM
tranny Getrag ?

How much rewiring in a 84 ? 84 ??????

[This message has been edited by ig88vsbobafett (edited 02-09-2002).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Posthumane

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PosthumaneClick Here to visit Posthumane's HomePageSend a Private Message to PosthumaneDirect Link to This Post
I have an 84 and I'd also be interested in a complete breakdown of parts.
As far as I know, you need the computer and tranny from the donor car. You need custom mounts I think, as well as redone plumbing for your coolant (and ac if applies). The computer has to be wired to the fiero comp if your going to use the stock gauges and such, but I think if you took the gauge cluster from the donor car you could just use the donor comp. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about nething.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Joe Wynman did have an instruction book out on quad 4 swaps. Joe is one of the technical editors for HP Pontiac on Fieros. He may still have the article he wrote. The last email address I had for him was fierojoe@bellatlantic.net
HummelHund

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in hearing this, too...

------------------
Sean W.
'84 SE, The "Buzz Bomb". (restoration project/daily driver)
'84 SE (Dad's Project)

zeelebuba

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2002 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zeelebubaSend a Private Message to zeelebubaDirect Link to This Post
This may help as far as monting goes. My car is (was) a 84 4cyl/4spd. I used my trany mounts Minor mds needed A couple tabs dont line up the pics show where I cut them off. Then i made up a couple brackets for the engine mounts (quad4/grandam) .Actually very simple to get it mounted. afraid thats all I can help with at this point

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock