Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  clean IAC, add K&N filter, Check Engine Soon light comes on. ?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

clean IAC, add K&N filter, Check Engine Soon light comes on. ? by BlueCat
Started on: 07-24-2002 12:39 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: RacinRob on 07-25-2002 10:29 AM
BlueCat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2002 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueCatSend a Private Message to BlueCatDirect Link to This Post
Just like the subject...I cleaned the IAC last weekend and installed a K&N air filter last night. This afternoon, I am sitting at a stop light and the Check Engine Soon light comes on!?

The engine sounds like it is running better. I haven't driven enough miles to determine if I have better gas mileage. I will by the end of the day.

Following the CES light coming on, I got to my destination, sat there and let the car idle for a few minutes to see if I get it again, nothing, although it seemed to be idling high, around 1000 - 1100 RPMs.

What would cause problems when the car is in gear and I have the brake depressed for 30 - 120 seconds?

------------------
BlueCat
87 Fiero Sport Coupe
Resurrection started 06/2002

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2002 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
did you unplug the MAT sensor and not plug it back in?, uum.. how is your throttle responce? did you know a vacuum line off under pelenum?

------------------

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2002 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Check for error codes.
BlueCat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2002 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueCatSend a Private Message to BlueCatDirect Link to This Post
Found a cracked vacuum line. Replace it and the car started and idled great! Then tonight I temporarily parked the car on the street so that I could move the other cars out of the way...when I went to start the Fiero back up...it started but stumbled and acted like it was going to die. But it didn't. Seems like all the things I am going are helping, but not ultimately fixing the problem.

Any suggestions?

Tmo, I am going to replace the vacuum line next to the one I replace tonight.

RacinRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2002 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RacinRobClick Here to visit RacinRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to RacinRobDirect Link to This Post
Check the engine codes see what comes up.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock