First broken CV with 3.4l DOHC Turbo by Matt Hawkins
Started on: 10-10-2002 02:20 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Freshj on 10-10-2002 08:25 PM
Matt Hawkins

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2002 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matt HawkinsSend a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post
I bought a replacement left side axle for the Fiero on Monday night and installed it in the car. Drove the car Tuesday night and then to work on Wed. After work I was doing some work to the car with a friend and took him for a ride when we were done. I did two agressive launches and on the second one, exploded the left trans side CV (the one I had just bought at AutoZone). Be aware as they are selling shafts with ball/cage CVs on both sides. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Make sure you get the tripod CV on the trans side. Both shafts came from the same remanufactuer in the same box.

Matt
3.4l DOHC Turbo

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DKOV

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2002 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
If you can. please provide me with as much detail on the tapping of the oil sources for your Turbo application. Also, the way you dealet with the Fuel Delivery.

I'm in the process of adding a T3/T4 to my 1991 3.4L TDC motor in my 88 Fiero GT

Thanks!

DKOV -

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2002 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
It seems that used Fiero axles are better than reman auto store axles.

I have many drag strip launches that net low 1.8 60' times launching off of traction compound. This is with my stock getrag and axles. Havn't broken any axles yet with 12,000 on V8 swap.

Jim
87 GT T-TOP V8
87 GT
95 Talon TSi AWD

rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2002 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
I normally get all my axles from AutoZone. CCT brand rebuilds. One of the axles I got for the last swap was a new GKN axle in a CCT box, just like you describe. I figured maybe CCT was running short on cores. Please confirm if you can that the axle you broke was a GKN. It should have GKN and a part on it.
Freshj

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2002 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FreshjSend a Private Message to FreshjDirect Link to This Post
I just bought some axles for my swap, and out of 4 two of them had CV's on inner and outer. Of course for me this wouldn't work at all, I have to have inner tripots.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock