1/4 Mile Time For DOHC Turbo by Matt Hawkins
Started on: 10-24-2002 09:49 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: SubZero350 on 10-26-2002 11:00 PM
Matt Hawkins

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2002 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matt HawkinsSend a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Well, I just got back from Milan Dragway. I ran two 13.7 second runs at a little over 100 MPH. This was with about 7 psi of boost and crazy rich mixtures. Also, my 60 foot times were only in the 2.0x second range. With more tuning and a better launch, I hope for low 13s with 7 psi of boost. After a trip to the dyno to safely increase boost and timing, I hope to dip into the 12s.

------------------
86 GT, 5-Speed
87 GT, 3.4l DOHC Turbo

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2002 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
not bad at all! I think you'll hit the 13's no prob.. keep us updated, got any pics of the motor and turbo?

------------------
-KC

1988 Formula, 3.4 modified 5spd
75 NX (Nitrous) 100% polly
3800 SC comin 03'

DKOV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2002 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKOVClick Here to visit DKOV's HomePageSend a Private Message to DKOVDirect Link to This Post
Now THAT'S the kinda sugar poppa like!!!

DKOV -

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2002 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Grr. And I still don't have 2nd gear.

------------------
Matt D
1984 Indy Fiero 4sp.
1985 2m4 now equipt with a 1996 3.4 DOHC.

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2002 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Aww.. I was hopin for it to be a Quad4...

------------------

19 Year Old Fierophile.
--1986 GT Daily Driver, 4:10s, NX 50 Shot, Borla exhaust, ported manifolds, and a few other goodies
--1984 SE 4.9, IMSA spoiler, Duel exhuast, GT rear bumper, Konis, drop spindles, Rear adjustable perch, Poly total kit, Poly cradle bushings, Big front bar, Added rear bar, 11.25" brakes on all corners w/SS hoses, Fancy wheels wrapped w/soft rubber, and much much more.

Jimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2002 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySend a Private Message to JimmyDirect Link to This Post
Lean that thing out and you are on your way to 12s! Sweet ride!

Jim
87 GT T-TOP V8
87 GT
95 Talon TSi AWD

[This message has been edited by Jimmy (edited 10-25-2002).]

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2002 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
Matt, I tried emailing the guy you told me about that has the stainless header collectors, and he never wrote me back. I am wanting to redo my exhaust system in something alot nicer than what I have now, and Ive called everyone, nobody has what I want. Do you have a number I can call to try and get ahold of this guy? PM it to me if you would. Thanks man, and congrats on the times. That thing is going to kick ass when you get it all tuned.
wuzzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2002 07:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wuzzySend a Private Message to wuzzyDirect Link to This Post
I have a 92 cutlass supreme with the 3.4 dohc and my car always ran super rich.Thats just the way theses motors are.A friend of mine had the same car with an A/F meter in it and when he would stomp on it the meter would light up all red and when you completely get off the gas all the lights would go out.From you last post Matt im sure you know what you are doing but just keep in mind that these motors are great big gas sucking pigs, dont think I ever got over 19 mpg in the 8 years I have owned mine. But I love that motor.
Matt Hawkins

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2002 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matt HawkinsSend a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post
Wuzzy - I am using an aftermarket computer to control fuel and spark (Haltech E6K). I am running it rich intentionally so as not to destroy pistons. I don't want to lean it out until I am on the dyno in a controlled environment. I actually get over 20 MPG on the highway currently with the turbo. I have leaned out the cruise maps for fuel efficiency. Maybe a heavy right foot causes your 18 MPG experience!

fieroX - I will post Steve's cell number later. He has been out of town on business. I am sure he is interested in the header work, but this is a side business for him and he has been very busy.

------------------
86 GT, 5-Speed
87 GT, 3.4l DOHC Turbo

SubZero350
No longer registered
Report this Post10-26-2002 11:00 PM   Send a Private Message to Matt HawkinsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Matt Hawkins:
Wuzzy - I am using an aftermarket computer to control fuel and spark (Haltech E6K). I am running it rich intentionally so as not to destroy pistons. I don't want to lean it out until I am on the dyno in a controlled environment. I actually get over 20 MPG on the highway currently with the turbo. I have leaned out the cruise maps for fuel efficiency. Maybe a heavy right foot causes your 18 MPG experience!

fieroX - I will post Steve's cell number later. He has been out of town on business. I am sure he is interested in the header work, but this is a side business for him and he has been very busy.

I might suggest that you would want to try not to run too rich. I have many friends that drive GN's and they all say and have experience that running too rich will, in itself, cause detonation because of the inconsistant fuel distribution in the cylinder. Worse than that, the excessive fuel can wash down cylinder walls causing premature wear.

Might I suggest you install a Casper's Electronics Knock gauge that many, if not all, GN and Turbo Buick owners used. This gauge can be wired up stand-alone using a knock sensor and knock module (ESC) from just about any GM car.

If you are still using a standard GM O2 sensor and signal, the turbo buick guys like to see O2 mv around 790-860 max under full boost conditions. Of coarse, this may or may not be different for your particular application. I would try to keep it somewhere in the 800mv range.

Impressive numbers, and it sounds to me like 12's should be attainable with your combination. Question: are you running the stock compresson and camshafts for that engine? Auto or manual trans?

------------------
1987 Pontiac Fiero Coupe #18,838
3800 Series II SFI; 4T60-E Trans w/ 3.33 final drive; Terminator exhaust; 4 wheel vented disc conversion; Walbro 307 fuel pump; W-body air box w/ K&N filter; Rear 32mm sway bar; 134a functioning A/C; GM CD player w/ factory location sub; much more and...a stock GN's TURBO on the way!

1987 Pontiac GTA
-5.7L SuperRam MPFI
-4L60-E Trans
-3.73 SRD

http://dtcc.cz28.com

AIM Handle: Darth Fiero

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave