Started on: 08-15-2004 12:22 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: MotorTV on 09-25-2004 11:27 PM
ohio86se

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
sorry cliff
i guess this should have been posted on the general chat not the tech area

im sure this has been done atleast a couple of times ...but i just finished detailing my engine bay and just wanted to show it off

------------------

[This message has been edited by ohio86se (edited 09-06-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bruce

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BruceSend a Private Message to BruceDirect Link to This Post
How did you get the plenum and valve covers so clean?
Looks great!
bb
ka4nkf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ka4nkfSend a Private Message to ka4nkfDirect Link to This Post
That is what I call nice. A clean engine runs better than a dirty engine. I gave you a plus for that good job.
Don
APShaughnessy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for APShaughnessySend a Private Message to APShaughnessyDirect Link to This Post
Gah, tell me how you got that engine so spotless. My engine bay is more or less a muck puddle that is begging for a good cleaning.
Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Looks great!

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 being installed

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Hey cook some eggs for me on that hot intake. Now there is an engine truly clean enough to eat off of...........LOL. Excellent workmanship and the car itself oozzes charisma. You got a + from me .......it's incredible.

Phil

------------------
86 GT TTops, 3.4 Auto.....bought from Doug of Fiero Warehouse

GM auto tech for 27 years. Specializing in electrical and computer problems. I will never be able to return as an auto tech again. I get EXTREME satisfaction helping others and will go to Extreme levels to help you if you need help. I have LOTS of free time on my hands. This forum and the help I give, allow me to have a purposeful life. Bring on the problems......LOL.

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post

GTDude

9056 posts
Member since Nov 2001
I think we should award individuals when they do things like this. It has to by nature help us in the Fiero world. One day, these cars and many other great cars will be extinct. I've don't my share to make sure there were a few less in the world. Braided hose always gets me. It's my soft spot........lol.

Phil

------------------
86 GT TTops, 3.4 Auto.....bought from Doug of Fiero Warehouse

GM auto tech for 27 years. Specializing in electrical and computer problems. I will never be able to return as an auto tech again. I get EXTREME satisfaction helping others and will go to Extreme levels to help you if you need help. I have LOTS of free time on my hands. This forum and the help I give, allow me to have a purposeful life. Bring on the problems......LOL.

ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the comments....im very proud of my hard work. i recieved a 2nd place at the pontiac nationals at norwalk ohio.
i really bellieve that getting the engine bay cleaned up really helped.

i started of off two weeks before the event by taking everything from the inter-mediate intake up.
i didnt realize that i had to take the inter-med intake off to get the valve covers off...but oh well.

i stripped off the old paint with air-craft stripper ...sanded , buffed and buffed the flatten areas of the valve covers and intake plenum.
i painted them with racing red caliper paint.

i painted the exhaust manifolds with 1200 deg ht silver paint.

i also clean the heat shileds and painted them with the red paint, although i think i might have to re-paint with higher temp paint of the shields.

i cleaned the vacuum hose and sprayed them with vht clear paint.

thanks again.....

------------------

flyingbob

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flyingbobSend a Private Message to flyingbobDirect Link to This Post
If I was a judge you would have got 1ST place, nice work.
Bob
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
did you prep the metal first, or just clean and paint. I never thought of using the brake caliper paint.

Rob

ka4nkf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ka4nkfSend a Private Message to ka4nkfDirect Link to This Post
I just got to tell you again, that engine sure is pretty.
Don
PFF
System Bot
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
after i stripped the old paint off i wipe it all down with lacquer thinner.

the paint will become more durable with time and heat

------------------

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Wow, that looks awesome! Good work!
powrmajik

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for powrmajikSend a Private Message to powrmajikDirect Link to This Post
This deserves a bump....we can all learn from this one! Nice work man!

------------------

paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
My engine aspires to be like that.
scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
I did my the same with my engine but i use high temp spray can from Chuck auto part. nice looking A+
MotorTV

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MotorTVClick Here to visit MotorTV's HomePageSend a Private Message to MotorTVDirect Link to This Post
Very nice...
Now i have to do a better job on my engine....
First winston and now you.... stop that... :-)

Chuck

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock