Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  OMG!!! 300HP 2.5L Quad 4 w/supercharger!!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

OMG!!! 300HP 2.5L Quad 4 w/supercharger!!! by fieroturbo
Started on: 09-21-2004 03:17 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Erik on 10-23-2004 02:29 PM
fieroturbo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
I know, I know. Everyone knows me for holding the Ecotec at higher standards than the Quad 4... but this blew me away when I saw it.

From mantapart.com
----------------------------------------------------
Mantapart Debuts 2.5 Liter Hybrid Quad Supercharger Engine
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.
After lengthy development and testing, Mantapart has combined the best Quad 4 components with GMs SPO
supercharger kit and Electromotive's Tec3 EFI programmer to give a very potent new engine to the small GM
FWD crowd. Seeing the need to improve on the limitations of both the 2.4 engines and the SPO supercharger
kit, Mantapart has made many specialty parts and modifications to provide better power for these engines.

Mantapart has coupled the better flow of the earlier Quad 2.3 cylinder heads to a specially modified SPO
supercharger manifold. The increased flow allowed Mantapart to increase the displacement of the 2.4
engines and they also removed the power robbing balance shaft and weak oil system. Then by adding the
total engine management adjustability of the TEC 3 to the EFI , the power gains have been greater yet.
The basic sports 2.4 supercharger package engines are already at over 240 hp at the flywheel (nearly 200
at the wheel!) and the new hybrid 2.5 engines are looking at numbers close to the 300 mark. The results
are a very strong and reliable engine with power to spare for street or sports use.

Engine packages are available for most chassis models of the small GM FWD cars from '96 and up. Contact
Mantapart for more details and pricing on your specific engine and power needs.
----------------------------------------------------
Every issue with the Quad 4, like the oiling system, the smaller displacement motors having more head flow, etc..... the motor is perfected!

You may now drool! :P

------------------
Petty Officer Michael C Casaceli
Patrol Squadron Ten, United States Navy
1988 Pontiac Fiero 2.5L, soon to be 2.2L ECOTEC TURBO (THE PROJECT HAS STARTED!!!)
1988 Oldsmobile Firenza 2.0L non-turbo (R.I.P.my beloved J-body. K.I.A. by a Ford)
1994 Chevy S-10 4.3, it's finally here, and it is gorgeous!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
sweet ..now I am regretting getting rid of my w41
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
that might make a little bit of hp...
fieroturbo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroturboSend a Private Message to fieroturboDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry, but this needs a major bump...

BUMP!!!!!!

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
wow, whats the cost of that thing there?
88gtNewb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88gtNewbClick Here to visit 88gtNewb's HomePageSend a Private Message to 88gtNewbDirect Link to This Post
It didn't seem to list a price. I guess you could email them.
boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
From what I have gathered from the Quad forum i'm on, Mantapart is nothing special.
They sell GM stock overpriced, and overcharge seriously for the rest of their *few* custom pieces.
I wouldn't be surprised if this kit got well into the thousadss
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
If you ask me, I think thats exactly what the Q4 needs, a supercharger to make up for the lack of torque below 3500 RPM's. Its the compression ratio that makes it alittle tough.
p8ntman442

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2004 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
Thats not what the quad 4 needs, what the quad 4 needs is for Bryson to quit school and manufacture turbo kits. ;-)
Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2004 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
Erik, thx for the W41....she is sweet!!!

All totally rebuilt and purring like a kitten.

Quad GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Quad GTSend a Private Message to Quad GTDirect Link to This Post
This Manta SC kit would that be a straight bolt on or would you have to modify the Quad H.O./W41?
I havent been on the Quad4 Forum in a while, does any one know anybody who has tried this set up?
PFF
System Bot
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Quad GT:

Erik, thx for the W41....she is sweet!!!

All totally rebuilt and purring like a kitten.

Your welcome Yeah I sure miss her.... <sniff>

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock