A clean IAC valve by Brint
Started on: 07-15-2006 05:16 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Brint on 07-15-2006 09:25 PM
Brint

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrintSend a Private Message to BrintDirect Link to This Post
Is there something "safe" to use to clean any carbon build-up off the pintle of the IAC valve? Gumout? Brake parts cleaner? Also, what if I cannot set the pintle to 28mm. I mean it doesn't move. Does that mean a bad IAC valve?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerDirect Link to This Post
The IAC is a stepper motor. You can sometimes turn the shaft and get them to go back in but often not .

Clean it with some Throttle body or carb cleaner.

I never bother to set the length, I just run it in plenty far and have never had problems with them resetting.

I usually hook it up and let the ecm run it in. I have don't several post on how to have the ecm do it for you.
Here is one.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/073281.html

down a ways.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
look at the spring behind the pental, if there is a groove in the head of the pental that the spring ingages, that is a "turn in" type, pull the spring away from the head so it's not in the groove anymore and turn the head to make it go in.\
if the spring does not fit in to a groove then that is a "wiggle in" type, just wiggle the head back and forth while give it pressure to push it back in.

and i dont set it to any measurement either, just in as far as it will go.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Yea,use some throttle body or carb cleaner on the tip but Dont submerge in cleaning fluid.
jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
Am I mistaken but do you have to use a "sensor safe" throttle body cleaner?
Brint

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrintSend a Private Message to BrintDirect Link to This Post
Thanks everybody! Got the tip of the pintle (easy there) cleaned and adjusted and IAC valve reinstalled.
Sorry for the second grade humor.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock