IAC valve cleaning by aconesa
Started on: 08-17-2006 01:26 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Bigfieroman on 08-17-2006 01:50 PM
aconesa

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aconesaSend a Private Message to aconesaDirect Link to This Post
Hello Group:

Which is the best method to cleaning a IAC valve and throttle body for a V6 auto?

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AP2k

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AP2kSend a Private Message to AP2kDirect Link to This Post
Toothbrush and some Seafoam?
Bigfieroman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BigfieromanClick Here to visit Bigfieroman's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigfieromanDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum.

I have to do this once or twice a year to keep my car idling and running properly.

Disconnect the battery.

Remove the big black tube that goes from the filter housing to the throttle body.

Disconnect the 4 wire connector from the IAC valve. The IAC is toward the bottom of the throttle body, on the trunk side. I has a big hex integrated in it.

Unscrew the IAC using a big socket or some pliers. I usually use Crasftsman Robogrips because it's what I have.

Remove the valve.

I usually spray the valve, especially the pointed end, very well with throttle body cleaner. Wipe every last bit of black gunk from the tip, it must be perfectly clean.

Spray throttle body cleaner into the hole for the IAC the the passage visible just in front to the throttle blade in the throttle body.

Use Q-tips w/cleaner to make sure the passage is perfectly clean.

Wait 30 minutes to make sure the cleaner dries....it does bad things if it gets into the combustion chambers.

Reassemble everything, start the car, and let it idle for 20 minutes. Then take it out and make sure to give it full throttle, high rpm runs a few times.

After this, you should be good for about a year depending on driving habits.

------------------

More info at: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/043357.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock