IAC and Throttle Body Cleaning> by labbe001
Started on: 08-18-2009 10:28 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: Ethan19 on 08-18-2009 06:32 PM
labbe001

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2009 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for labbe001Send a Private Message to labbe001Direct Link to This Post
i'm having a problem w/ my 87GT Idling down too low and then cutting off. also, the tb seems to be pretty stiff. i've used some TB spray cleaner and that helped some. i was kicking around the idea of taking it completely off the car and cleaning it. is there some kind of chemical i can soak it in safely to clean it or is my best bet to just spray it w/ TB Cleaner and work it back and forth? Also, i've read that it is a good idea to clean you IAC when having idling issues. I'm not familiar with what exactly the IAC is or where it's located on a V6. If someone could post a pic or a description of the IAC and it's location, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ethan19

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2009 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ethan19Send a Private Message to Ethan19Direct Link to This Post
the iac(ilde air control motor) is located on your throttle body right below your throttle positioning sensor. the iac is the one that needs a good sized wrench to get it off and has a connector with i believe four wire running to it. the tps is the one that has two screws that hold it on and a little lever that swings up and down. the fiero factory in tony alabama sells(or sold) a decarbonizing kit that will do wonders to an engine. it will clean the throttle body, intake manifold and all the other internal components that take a little more work to get to. you can get on the internet and have them mail you one i believe. it is kinda pricey but i was impressed with it very much, but there is still alot of other products you can pick up at the parts store if you just wanna clean the throttle body
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock