Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Is there a model of a Fiero Spaceframe? (3D model, or toy)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Is there a model of a Fiero Spaceframe? (3D model, or toy) by Austrian Import
Started on: 05-03-2011 07:52 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: 84fiero123 on 06-26-2011 09:12 AM
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
I've seen models of Fieros both as toys and CAD files, but I've never seen a model that represents the spaceframe. Is there such a thing?

Also, are there models that accurately depict the suspension design and mechanics?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if this would have been better to post in Tech or GFC. Hope it'll still get enough eyeballs.
crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Minnesota Fiero Club has had one for years...

You can get your own on CL for about a hundred bucks...
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Also, are there models that accurately depict the suspension design and mechanics?

I've done some scale drawings of the '88 rear suspension and cradle in my build thread here, starting about 2/3 of the way down page 9: www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000116-9.html

On page 10, ccfiero350 posted some animated CAD files he had been working on as well. He has others in his own build thread in the construction zone. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
I've meant a 3D file. Preferably Solidworks, but I would take any format.

Thanks for the link.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Austrian Import

3919 posts
Member since Feb 2007

[This message has been edited by Austrian Import (edited 05-10-2011).]

Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Okay, fine, since nobody has 3d CAD models of a Fiero spaceframe, do we have more pictures of it?
Preferably front, side, top, rear, bottom, front 3/4, rear 3/4, bottom.

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Here's my '86 GT.

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Direct Link to This Post
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaDirect Link to This Post
3D cad models - doubtful.

If someone has invested the time and the money to strip down a non molested Fiero, then either white light or laser scanned the spaceframe that would be the only way you're going to get an accurate 3D model of the car. Keep in mind that when this car was designed, CAD did not exist. This car was designed "on the board" and was hand drawn on large sheets of mylar.
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.calgaryfieros.com/FIERObuild.htm

We had one upstairs at my GM plant when I was working there in 82 or 83 I really can’t remember the exact date. It was just the space frame, nothing else. We were going to get the new mini van made the same way and it was supposed to be there for the engineers to look at.

If anyone has one, 3d cad it would be Rodney Dickman. He has done so many engine swaps I bet he does. He is also a member here.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock