Loose Oil Dipstick Tube Stock 2.8L by OneSlowFiero
Started on: 04-05-2012 09:56 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Rick Vanderpool on 04-05-2012 10:17 PM
OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
So I went to check the oil after completing an oil change and the oil tube came out with the dipstick with no effort. I have a stock 1987 GT 2.8L V6. I noticed there is a top bracket that is not attached to anything on the tube and I am not sure what it's supposed to bolt up to. In addition to that, I feel that I am probably missing something on the bottom of the tube that keeps it in place. I was able to put the tube back in the hole but it is pretty lose and I am hesitant to drive it the way it is and risk leaking any of that expensive synthetic oil out
Any ideas? I don't want to JB Weld anything. I just want it to be stock and work properly. Thanks!
-Josh
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
You can get the little O-ring for the dipstick here:
http://www.gmpartsgiant.com...m-seal-10101844.html

And the dipstick mounts to a bracket next to the valve cover so it won't move. Let me see if I can get a pic for you.

Edit....Stolen from Bloozberry

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 04-05-2012).]

OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! I was missing the O ring. And I believe that bracket is laying in a pile of "extra parts" that the previous owner gave me after he rebuilt the engine. The same pile that my dogbone mount brackets were laying in. I'll order that O ring and hopefully I have the mounting hardware for that bracket. Thanks again for your help!
-Josh
Rick Vanderpool

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2012 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick VanderpoolSend a Private Message to Rick VanderpoolDirect Link to This Post
There is supposed to be an o-ring on the bottom. The tab at the top mounts to the lifting eye bracket bolted to the head using a sheet metal screw..

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock