Hood Scoops by fieroshop
Started on: 08-18-2000 11:33 AM
Replies: 62
Last post by: Seanh on 10-15-2000 08:14 PM
MikeSchaefer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MikeSchaeferSend a Private Message to MikeSchaeferDirect Link to This Post
Please keep me informed on the progress of the hood scoops also, they look outstanding!
Thanks,
Michael Schaefer http://surf.to/fiero
IP: Logged
hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
I'll go for a complete hood.I only live 7 miles from Atco dragway and plan on taking my GT there when I finish making my changes.It seems this hood will make a considerable difference in high speed stability,plus It looks great.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2000 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Here are pictures of the "Archie" hood on my Blue Chop Top car. Pictures were taken on 12-3-98right after I finished the car but before I installed the Blade wheels.

The ground effects of the hood reliefs are great. Keeps the air out from under the car and the headlights don't open up even at very high 120+ speeds.

Archie

hugh

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2000 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hughSend a Private Message to hughDirect Link to This Post
Archie,Your scoop looks great also.I went to your site and can't find them.Are they for sale,and if so how much?

------------------

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2000 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
ok, here are the pictures of the top and bottom side of the Fiero Shop hood scoop.... ......
..... .

------------------

www.tgowens.com/fiero
Gold '87 GT
Blue '87 GT

[This message has been edited by tgowens (edited 09-02-2000).]

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2000 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pic's tgowens.

I cant wait untill I can get one now

------------------
1985 Sport Coupe

Website's WS6 Fiero & H.M.P.

fiero56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2000 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero56Send a Private Message to fiero56Direct Link to This Post
Million dollar question. How much for the scoops?
ThatRickGuy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2000 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatRickGuyClick Here to visit ThatRickGuy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThatRickGuyDirect Link to This Post
And how much for the whole hood, and what kind of core charge?
2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2000 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
Those scoops look great. You seem to have quite abit of interest.
What are the prices?
I was also thinking,my father had an 85 TransAm and it had these narrow louvers near the windshield, Would that help circulate the air even more? Anyone know what I'm talking about?
Could a whole hood be shipped to the East Coast?

Jeff

[This message has been edited by 2xsess (edited 09-15-2000).]

fierov8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2000 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Direct Link to This Post
Archie --

Can your scoop be purchased separately? It looks great - would be easy to have it shipped here and 'glassed in rather than having to deal with shipping a whole hood back and forth.

Thanks!

-jeff d
Fort Worth, TX

fieroshop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroshopClick Here to visit fieroshop's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroshopDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the replies, but I am still moving and pobably will not be settled in for a couple more weeks. As soon as that happens I will start to make the mold. At that time I will know how for the scoops,etc:

------------------

PFF
System Bot
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Me too George, count my vote. I was curious however if my glass panel will still fit in the same location? Is there still room? I wuld hate to have to leave my glass panel at home and then be rained upon during a freak storm.An uncomfortable way to take a shower.
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000
Me too George, count my vote. I was curious however if my glass panel will still fit in the same location? Is there still room? I wuld hate to have to leave my glass panel at home and then be rained upon during a freak storm.An uncomfortable way to take a shower.
fastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastfieroSend a Private Message to fastfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm verry interested in these scoops. When some thing can improve preformance and look good at the same time im all for it. I dont have any body work experience but im shure i could figure it out. Let us know the price and how to order them.

Chris Clouse
Valley View, TX.
87 Black GT w/auto V6

[This message has been edited by fastfiero (edited 09-16-2000).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
kevin--The cut/opening is made in front of the "trunk". Notice the raised, curved support (hump) in the pics of Georges car. That's where the edge of the trunk is. You shouldn't have any problems unless you do already. (Terry, correct me if I'm wrong, please.)
tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
MM, correct -- the scoops fit in front of the trunk area and do not interfere with the sunroof/sunshade at all. they actually sit right above and slightly behind the fan. We will be making the molds soon on these and you will see them on my blue '87GT show car as well. I am also entertaining the thought of a vent behind the front wheel to direct the air across the brakes and down the side of the car and into the rear vents as well.

------------------

www.tgowens.com/fiero
Gold '87 GT
Blue '87 GT

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Do you think you will be selling hoods with the scoop installed? Thats what I would be interested in. Something that I could have painted and just bolt on.

------------------
1985 Sport Coupe - Coming Soon 1987 SE

Website's www.WS6Fiero.com & www.HazePerformance.com

tgowens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tgowensClick Here to visit tgowens's HomePageSend a Private Message to tgowensDirect Link to This Post
Haze, we are planning on selling the scoops in either of two ways - 1. the scoop "wedge" ready to install on a hood along with a video tape of the steps involved, or, 2. a hood complete with scoops already installed.

Method #2 will require a core charge with the order which will be refundable upon receipt of the the ordering party's hood.

Haze_Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
Sounds cool I cant wait....

------------------
1985 Sport Coupe - Coming Soon 1987 SE

Website's www.WS6Fiero.com & www.HazePerformance.com

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2000 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
Have you two figured out a price yet for either the wedge or the entire hood?
My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2000 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
Cool! (Saying this with mouth wide open and not moving lips...Jim Carrey in "Dumb and Dumber")... "I lie it, uhhh, I lie it alah!"
PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2000 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
had to dig this post up cause i want to try bigger scoops than i have now. what was the out come,price and so forth?
Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2000 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I am interested also. I would be interested in Archies also, but I like the flat and flush look of the Fieroshop's scoops. How much are yours if you sell them Archie? Thanks

------------------
Sean Heberly
Silver 86 GT 2.8
Killer Stereo System

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery