How would you make a 4x4 Fiero? by KRMFiero
Started on: 01-31-2001 08:10 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: KissMySSFiero on 02-01-2001 08:34 PM
KRMFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have seen some pictures of Fiero's that have 4 wheel drive, about 2 foot taller then normal...

How would you do this? I think it looks awsome? Is there away to make it steet leagle? Also post any pictures of 4x4 fieros

Kyle

------------------
1984 Pontiac Fiero 2M4 SE

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2xsess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2xsessSend a Private Message to 2xsessDirect Link to This Post
Bob Parker at Kickhill Farm made one, I believe he told me it was a 4x4 Chevy Luv chassis. I know someone has some pics. Perhaps Old Lar?
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
why???
Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
I think a 4x4 Fiero would be awesome. Think someone here should give it a try. Me, on the other hand (and if I were to try something) would opt for an all-wheel drive fiero. One that "Transfers Power For The Wheels That Slip, To The Wheels That Grip" Iv driven some AWD Mits-a-bitchy Eclipse, and like the feel of handling, but it really kills your top end speed.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
In Natick, Mass., I drove by a lot that have a Fiero body and interior ontop of a Jeep chasis. I actually took pictures but don't have them handy. The shop was closed so I couldn't ask questions and I don't live near the area.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
CHECK OUT THIS BEAST OF A FIERO....KICKASS SEABASS

------------------
JOEJOE Aol:KissMySSFiero

88FORMULA
KissMySSFiero@netzero.net

"There's a fine line between love and beer"
KissMySSFiero.mywebsite.hehe

LarryB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LarryBSend a Private Message to LarryBDirect Link to This Post
Wrong Larry. Here's a pic:
http://beaulieu.ne.mediaone.net/kickhill/originals/DSC00109.jpg

I took this This and other pics at the KickHill swap meet last August.

If you want to see smaller images (smaller file size) you can just go to
http://beaulieu.ne.mediaone.net/kickhill

Originally posted by 2xsess:
Bob Parker at Kickhill Farm made one, I believe he told me it was a 4x4 Chevy Luv chassis. I know someone has some pics. Perhaps Old Lar?

batboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batboySend a Private Message to batboyDirect Link to This Post
Having actually done a 4X4 conversion on 1940 Chevy coupe (ok, so it's not done yet, but there are pics on my webpage), I will tell you it's more work than you might think. But if you're really good at welding and using a cutting torch, it can be done.

The secret is to find a suitable donor vehicle. Seeings that the Fiero is small, you have to look at small 4X4's. I'd first examine the S-10 Blazer chassis. Since the Fiero doesn't have a removeable frame, you'll have to set the Fiero (minus the front suspension/axle assembly) onto the 4X4 chassis.

The effect will be a "monster truck" look because the donor frame will stick down below the car. You'll just about have to use the front mounted engine, drivetrain, suspension, and steering from the 4X4, so it'll really be a Blazer with a Fiero body.

jch82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2001 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jch82Send a Private Message to jch82Direct Link to This Post
This is the Jalapeno. I'm sure you have all seen the pics of it. It is the best looking 4x4 rebody that I have seen.

Here's the link: Jalapeno

Josh

------------------
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile way - and barefoot....

1FieroGTRacingInc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FieroGTRacingIncSend a Private Message to 1FieroGTRacingIncDirect Link to This Post
that's funny....

------------------
1FieroGTRacingInc.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
correct me if im wrong, but I think I read this is a rebody with a standard Fiero chassis....only looks like 4wd with bigger tires.

This is the Jalapeno. I'm sure you have all seen the pics of it. It is the best looking 4x4 rebody that I have seen.

Here's the link: Jalapeno

Josh

[/QUOTE]

PFF
System Bot
KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
I would love to do this but it would probley be to hard for me... hehe I'm having trouble removing my l-4 right now maybe in a few years I can try this }:-)
Seanh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SeanhSend a Private Message to SeanhDirect Link to This Post
That IS only a rebody, no 4x4 conversion with the kit. That would make an awesome 4x4 conversion project. I am still wanting to get one of those kits once I am done with 86GT 3.4 and put that kit on my 85.
Standard

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StandardClick Here to visit Standard's HomePageSend a Private Message to StandardDirect Link to This Post
Take the Jalepeno, shove a nice torquey 350 in back, beef up the suspension... that would be fun!

That purple one that KissmySS posted is actually built on a blazer chassis. The guys that built it had rolled the blazer and trashed the original body, and the Fiero had a blown engine or something. There's a web page for it somewhere, can't remember...

------------------
Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car.. Most people settle for the car

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information

AOL: LastMinuteBastrd
AIM: SavedByJebus -- you'll understand if you watch The Simpsons :D

KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
I dont really like the look of the Jalepeno, It doesnt really still look like a Fiero.

I like the purple one and the red one (kick hill) but i dont thik the guys at kick hill should have put a truck bed on it and they shount have put the roll bar where they did... Is there a chance that one of these would pass inspection? i doubt it

Kyle

jch82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jch82Send a Private Message to jch82Direct Link to This Post
The jalapeno isn't 4 wheel drive. It just looks cool!

Josh

------------------
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile way - and barefoot....

jch82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jch82Send a Private Message to jch82Direct Link to This Post

jch82

730 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Josh

------------------

jch82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

jch82

730 posts
Member since Nov 2000

Josh

PS Someone should make it a 4x4 though

------------------

SpeedPhreak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedPhreakClick Here to visit SpeedPhreak's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpeedPhreakDirect Link to This Post
i didnt like the jalepeno at first.. now i really do. it looks like it would be a killer little rally car. there was/is a member here that rallied his stock fiero in nevada & did quite good. i would bet the xtra ground clearance & suspension would make it even better.

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2001 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
heres the whole page. tells ya quite a bit. talk about the ultimate beach machine. got all you need a killer sports car and an ultimate off road machine. i can see the women flocking to me now. I RULE....

------------------
JOEJOE Aol:KissMySSFiero

88FORMULA
KissMySSFiero@netzero.net

"There's a fine line between love and beer"
KissMySSFiero.mywebsite.hehe

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery