Started on: 06-24-2002 10:19 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: Capt Fiero on 06-25-2002 09:05 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2002 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ok I am dying to try some sort of hood vents in the front. I have been wandering the junk yards. I have seen lots of cars with vents that I could use, but I am undecided if I want to just cut and rework the fiberglass or take the simple route by cutting the holes and mounting premade vent grills.

If you got a pic please post it, and if you have any input on what bennift you got from adding a vent please post that as well.

------------------
David hotrodfiero@shaw.ca
85GT 2.9 4spd

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ronnie

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2002 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnieSend a Private Message to RonnieDirect Link to This Post
Here's Jack Cooke's beautiful 86GT. These are the mid 80's Trans Am vents.I've got some just like these , but haven't installed them yet.
Tagueule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2002 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TagueuleDirect Link to This Post
Here is a front and back of the Fieroshop vents.

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2002 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Here are Rockcrawls' "JL Extractor" Hood vent- similiar to the Fieroshop's, but with an angle, a bit shallower, and with a raised leading edge (soon to be a very similiar color as well ). I'm not sure if/when Rockcrawl is planning to produce more of these though (this was the last one he had last year)... you'd have ask.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 06-24-2002).]

Tagueule

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2002 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TagueuleDirect Link to This Post
That JL Extractor is my favorite, although everytime I go to his website it says out of stock.
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
i'm using the fender vents off an '81 z28. have to email the pic.
HIOSILVER!

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
I seny an email to rockcrawl and a pm a couple months back about buying one or even a hood and never got a reply. I love that hood vent, too bad. I would still buy one even though I just got my car painted.
rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry if I didn't reply to your email. I do have a list of everyone who inquired about the vent. I don't have time to make them myself, but I'm working on having them made elsewhere. I'll be sending out emails when they are available.

Haze_Performance

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Haze_PerformanceSend a Private Message to Haze_PerformanceDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up my hood a few weeks ago. I have to do a little finish work. I'm also going to use some '85/'86 engine vent grates in the openings.

------------------

ClassicFiero.com

Reality

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RealityClick Here to visit Reality's HomePageSend a Private Message to RealityDirect Link to This Post
This isn't a very good picture but it's what I have on my car.

------------------

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I just posted a whole thread about mine
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/019015.html

Here is a quick look:

------------------

1988 Fiero - It's like an Actual Miniature Car

PFF
System Bot
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post
will someone help me do hood vents on my Fiero? i dont have a clue how to do them and I want something molded. Not add on
exspook

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exspookSend a Private Message to exspookDirect Link to This Post
For my hood vent screening I found some nice tight mesh at Home Depot... used I think for some kind of vents or reinforcement...anyway, cost 74 cents for more than I can use and was perfect for what I wanted.
jch82

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jch82Send a Private Message to jch82Direct Link to This Post
Here are some pics of my hood vent. I guess its not really a vent but you get the idea. There is a hole cut on the underside so it is functional. Mostly it helps keep the front end down at high speeds. I bought it from Pat Kalsmith at www.fibersmith.net . Enjoy!

Josh

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Wel I think I am going to go with either Rock Crawls or JScott's kind for ease of install and cost. I love the ZR1 style bust cost and labor to make it look good will be way to high at this time. ThanK you all that sent in pics. It really shows that we do love to change things.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock