Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  FINALLY, found a original Mustang scoop !!!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FINALLY, found a original Mustang scoop !!! by Zoom88
Started on: 06-25-2002 06:33 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 06-26-2002 12:37 PM
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post
Who says persistants doesn't payoff !!!
I finally found the Scoop I was lucky to located it only a few miles from me at a shop that caters only to mustangs....sorry only one they had left. He wasn't interested in selling it when I went by but I left my card and luckily he called me this weekend and I picked it up today ! May just leave it black for now when I install it .. what you think ?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
HIOSILVER!

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HIOSILVER!Send a Private Message to HIOSILVER!Direct Link to This Post
I didnt see the post asking for one. I have one just like it I am not going to use.

------------------

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
yep ! that is the one to have! I have that on mine! blend it in

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HIOSILVER!:
I didnt see the post asking for one. I have one just like it I am not going to use.

Wanna sell it? Email me at: rob@xtralite.com !

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

cadaver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadaverSend a Private Message to cadaverDirect Link to This Post
I have good news and bad news.

Yes the real scoops are way better than anyone reproductions. They are urethane reinforced fiberglass and injection molded not laid up.

The bad news. That is the rear facing scoop from the mustang. It will work but is not the one most people have. If you notice it is tappered toward the front where the others are more square and fit the fiero a little better.

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
If Minn does not take it I might. Mail me please.

------------------
87 GT
Holley Side Scoop---DELETE
K&N Air Filter
Home Page

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
put this under there!

Here is all they remember from me!

------------------

Zoom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cadaver:
I have good news and bad news.

Yes the real scoops are way better than anyone reproductions. They are urethane reinforced fiberglass and injection molded not laid up.

The bad news. That is the rear facing scoop from the mustang. It will work but is not the one most people have. If you notice it is tappered toward the front where the others are more square and fit the fiero a little better.

Hmmm, bad news for who ? I don't find it bad at all I have looked at both and prefer this one you are only talking about a half inch or so taper on the ends on the side that will be facing the window,. I didn't want something that was squared off.
I have a ferrari_momo rear Scoop I will be putting up for sale since I found this one if anyone is interested.
Here are some pics.

[This message has been edited by Zoom88 (edited 06-25-2002).]

Zoom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2002 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Zoom88

3838 posts
Member since Oct 2001
I have actually looked at several scoops for the rear decklid. Here are a few pics of the ones I have left for anyone who is interested...allows you to get an idea of what they look like side by side. The white one is off of a early Nissan, and has been sold just needs to be picked up. The Gray one is a Ferrai-Momo scoop and is for sale email me at zoom88@diginostics.com . The black one is the Mustang scoop.

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2002 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
black one is the best for an 88GT

------------------

Zoom88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2002 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
black one is the best for an 88GT

I think so myself, as was mentioned it is not the one that is squared off on the back end(the end that will face the rear window)...but I personally like it better
It will be going on a 88 Formula.

PFF
System Bot
isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2002 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
If I installed one on my 84 with the decklid grills, would I notice it running hotter or cooler with this?

Also, would this help keep fumes/noise out when I have the sunroof out? (since its not open like the grill is)

my cousin has one on his muystang I think I can get easily

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2002 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
As for installing one on an '84... I don't know how well it would work. I'd suggest converting the decklid to the later model style (with bubble & side vents) first. It would solve a few extra problems at once (the exhaust fumes thing, increased cooling, etc).

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock