Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Texas Heatwave in Waco - Sept 15... Who's In?? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Texas Heatwave in Waco - Sept 15... Who's In?? by AgaricX
Started on: 08-03-2002 06:21 PM
Replies: 100
Last post by: revin on 08-30-2002 09:32 AM
AgaricX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
So far It's:

Me
SmoooothGT
Revin
JohnF

We need to set up a place to meet and grab some grub... and a time etc.

Anyone who wants to can come. Fieros are optional. I know that Smooth, Revin and I aren't bringing ours.

Who's in?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Lunch at Underwood's BBQ on Waco South side as I earlier suggested (#2 in Texas Highways Mag 1999 poll - right behind the Mansion on Turtle Creek, no less!! Well they wern' t sure if it was the Waco location or the Brownwood location - whatever though!!!!).

Car show in p.m. and then we all go home and plan to again at RRR in October!.

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
LOL why did I know good ol John would know the hot spots!!

Now, it will take me around 1 hour to get there. so any time line is fine with me.

I wonder if we should start a pool of " Will Smooothgt wil show or not"......

If you don't bring your car then you must have a pic of it to attend!!!! j/k

------------------

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2002 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm I used to know a better "hotspot" in Waco than the bbq place mentioned, but I've changed my ways since then . 4 entries so far, only one Fiero? But a show & shine? We might be up for it, in the jeep cherokee tho. Is this open to anyone, or am I inviting myself??
JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Geeez! What gives?

According to Revin, SmoooothGT "never" shows his car, just wants to talk about it!

Of course, Revin shows his car but has to put it on a trailer and drag the poor thing up and down the highway!

Maryjane AGAIN seems to want to show up at a get together saying, "I would have brought my Fiero, but.....".

agaricX, I don't know what your excuse is - I just hope its better than those above!

Hehehehehe!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I'll be workin hard to get ours ready for RRR-I gotta drop the oilpan & look at that bottom end, repaint the dash & the left door panel I replaced, do some exterior paint touch-ups, etc. If we go to Waco, we'll all just stand around & admire your car John.
AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
Well my excuse is... I'm Fieroless at the moment.

I sold my 3800 to someone from AAFO. I'm waiting for Rob (Head honcho of AAFO) to swap in a rebuilt 2.8 into my 86 fastbac (YES, I FINALLY GOT ONE!!!).

And alas... the convertible is no more. (You'll notice I havent posted my sig in about 3 months). It was the victim of a senseless act of stupidity. (I got pissed and sold the engine). The engine was the only good part about it and I got $1850 for it. The X-frame was done at a local welder's shop and it didn't hold. I went back after my last gradschool class was over this year and the frame was bent in half. The bodywork was iffy at best (I'm not SmooooothGT) So I sold the engine for 1850 and the same guy hauled the car off and gave me $800. I haven't heard from him (though I've tried to get in touch with him) I want some pictures of it. I never got around to taking pictures... I wanted to wait till it was done...

So there... I've said it. *sigh*

I'm going to concentrate on performance now on my new fastback (whenever I get it) instead of doing a convertible conversion I don't know anything about. I just apologize to the Fiero for killing it. It's ok though. It didn't have an engine, title or even seats to start with. I did get to drive it for a few months. It made me nervous, so I stopped.

Next time... I'm doing it right!!

I am bringing my Maxima though.

Hey - is anyone bringing their wives/girlfriends?

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:
If we go to Waco, we'll all just stand around & admire your car John.

Hey Don,

I have work to do also, I know what you mean. Why, I have to take the time to change the air in my tires and everything. I just don't know if I'm going to make it but I'll try!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Thought I might mention while I've got some local's attention(300 miles is local in Texas ), that there is still an 86GT for sale here for $1600. A daily driver, needs seats & maybe paint. Can't really tell about the paint, evidently she parks it under a mesquite tree, a lot of sap on it. John, can you email or otherwise send me one of those flyers you put on Fieros that you see??

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-04-2002).]

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

John, can you email or otherwise send me one of those flyers you put on Fieros that you see??

Done! Check your e-mail.

87GTBro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTBroSend a Private Message to 87GTBroDirect Link to This Post

(300 miles is local in Texas;D)

Guess I am not a local, since I am 400 miles south of Waco! LOL... That's a long way to drive for lunch...

Can't wait for the next Roundup, or if we have an event in Houston around New Years!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
John stop causing trouble !!! And Don...stop egging him on ! lol

ALL this started was by Smoothgt and I wanted to meet up, have a few beers and look at this texas heat wave car show and see what kind of competion we will have next year. THAT WAS ALL !!!

Then we asked AgaricX since he was in our loop on this to "meet" us there!!

So that turned into anybody that wanted to meet fellow PFF'ers (sounds bad ha ha) to join our merry little gathering and see a carshow(not fiero show) and do lunch or whatever! no biggie! save the miles for the fiero for the Red River and just bring another car. Simple!!!

SO ANYWAYYYYYYY.....
Bring who or whatever you want and enjoy the day and company and see a car show!!
how's that????

------------------

AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
Am I bad? I thought it was ok to invite whomever...
JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Revin! YOU of all people tell little ole me to stop causing all the trouble???????

YOU, the No. 1 pot stirrer on the forum are telling ME?

Sick 'em SmooooothGT!

I know, I know, this isn't a Fiero Show, o.k.? However, if I want to come to Waco in my daily driver, that is my Fiero! If you guys want to wimp out as usual with all the "save my car for real shows, yada, yada, yada" excuses, that's your business.

See ya!

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Uh ok. see yall in Oct.
Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 310
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2002 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

Uh ok. see yall in Oct.

NO... We'll see you in September in Waco!!

THIS IS FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Revin:

------------------
Under Construction.... Still!!

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
come on cry babies!!!!
PLEASE COME!!!!!!!
I will need back up anyway when smoothgt doesn't show up!!! ha ha ha :P
It will be fun for all!!!

MAYBE I WILL bring my ride just to show up John's!!! hee heee

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
MAYBE I WILL bring my ride just to show up John's!!! hee heee

Revin, I notice your say you will "bring" not "DRIVE" your ride. I guess that means a trailered yet again, hmmmmmm?

Come on Don - Don't back out now!

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
ha ha John ha ha
Come Don !!!! Don't pull a "SmoothGT" on us !! hee hee
cardealer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cardealerSend a Private Message to cardealerDirect Link to This Post
o.k. i,ll go with you revin, i will even help you unload your fiero (again) off the trailer. what am i saying mines a trailer queen to!!!!! but if i had a/c, and my gas mileage was measured in miles per gallon instead of feet per gallon, i would drive mine.
JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Hey,

We got Cardealer and his V8 transplant with SCUBA gear to join in! Great.

I haven't seen that set-up since A.A.F.O. Roundup VI in San Antonio.

Now that FOCOA is over, there may be some other NTFC members to join in also!

BTW, Cardealer, Revin won't be "trailering" his great ride if it comes!

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2002 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Revin-stirring the pot again.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 08-05-2002).]

cscougar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cscougarSend a Private Message to cscougarDirect Link to This Post
Hope to meet yall there. I live 15 miles NW of Waco.. By the way, Underwoods BBQ is no longer in Waco.. It is now Picadilly's Cafeteria.

Ted Talbert
85 GT

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
you guy just crack me up !!!

ok so we have a place to go, now a place to meet up with each other.........
I will look into a crossroads off I-35 will that be ok with ya'll???

65vair lives there but I can't get hold of him yet.

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

I will look into a crossroads off I-35 will that be ok with ya'll???

65vair lives there but I can't get hold of him yet.

How about the parking lot of the Texas Ranger Musuem and Campground (it's on the East side of I 35, right on the Brazos on the north end of town and near the Convention Center) Of course, directly across I 35 (West side) is the parking area for the Brazos Queen Riverboat and the remainder of the Texas Ranger Campground. The Brazos River bridge on I 35 is an easy place to find.

Anyplace else is really o.k., too. What time?

AgaricX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AgaricXClick Here to visit AgaricX's HomePageSend a Private Message to AgaricXDirect Link to This Post
OOOOooooo All I have to do is go straight up 6.

This should be easy...

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
ok let's change this up cause it is way too easy for AgaricX!! we will meet by the brown cow next to the flying pig ! ha ha easier??

I think John has the right idea:

How about the parking lot of the Texas Ranger Musuem and Campground (it's on the East side of I 35, right on the Brazos on the north end of town and near the Convention Center) Of course, directly across I 35 (West side) is the parking area for the Brazos Queen Riverboat and the remainder of the Texas Ranger Campground. The Brazos River bridge on I 35 is an easy place to find.

ADDRESS IS 100 Texas Ranger Trail http://www.traveltex.com/pG.asp?
SN=1921262&LS=0&PN=436

Pull this up for a map^

Then do we all agree?? the tx Ranger Musuem????????

SOUND OFF!!!!!

------------------

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2002 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

SOUND OFF!!!!!

O.K.

Exit to parking area is at the immediate south end of Brazos River bridge on I 35. Parking area for meet is on East side (museum side) of bridge.

That should make it easy and get us all there.

What time do we meet at Ranger Museum parking lot?

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
HEY JOHN ASKED YA"LL A QUESTION!!!!

really this is just a bump to the top!

10 am or 11 before it gets too hot??
where is smoooth??? I have not heard from him.....again!

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

where is smoooth??? I have not heard from him.....again!

I'm here just watching you all do the work and planning...LMAO!!!

Bumper to the topper...

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2002 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
O.k., How about 10:30 a.m.?

We meet in the Texas Rangers Museum (No! Not the Rangers that play at Arlington "the Ball Park" Stadium - poorly I might add!) parking lot.

That way we all have time to "Ooooh! and Ahhhh!" over Revin's truck and trailer combo and then decide where to have lunch - I vote for the Elite Cafe (on the circle - Elvis Presley's haunt) since Underwoods's has closed (changed venues).

Lunch about 11:30 to noon and then on to the car show at Convention Center.

HooYaaa! Ain't this forum great?

PFF
System Bot
revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2002 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
I don't think the fiero will come with me this trip...trying to get her reddy for the red river thingy.
65Vair

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2002 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 65VairSend a Private Message to 65VairDirect Link to This Post
Now that I've gotten over the excitement of all of ya'll coming to see little old me (and that car show thing too), I guess I'll write some. Wow, you leave for a little while and look what you miss!

The Hall of Fame isn't far from the show so it would be a good place to park. Heitmiller's is a great family owned steakehouse just north of Waco in Bellmead. If you get a whole order of chicken fried steak you'll probably only be able to eat half and have to take the rest with you. If this doesn't appeal to anyone, I could think of some other places. The last I knew the Elite Cafe was closed for renovations but I'll check.

I also know of a nice little road if anyone brings their mid engine wonder......

I might get my dad to enter his 65 Corvair. He needs to get out and drive it. The last time he went to a show he wasn't even in it and people crowded around it.

By the way, there are a couple of fieros here in town that I've been wondering if they are members. Anyone know of anybody besides me?

[This message has been edited by 65Vair (edited 08-09-2002).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2002 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
Ill be there!

Wait......crap, I am not in Texas anymore! Damn these mountains and cool weather! :P

I am actually thinking of selling my 88......not as much fun w/o my AAFO family anymore. I am afraid to drive it and have something bust! Still have not found a mechanic I would trust (or knows that the car is mid-engine). I sure miss Moble Tech in SA.

------------------

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2002 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Good morning 65 vair! where have you been?hee hee
Sorry to say but I think that there won't be hardly any fieros there to play with.
I will count on you to show us a good food place. Talk to John about the car owner finding . he puts a flyer on fieros he comes across(the lucky bastard)
Yes get your dad's car in the show! maybe next year smooth and I will put our cars in the show!!

AND Joel,
Come on man don't sell that pretty car!!! Just let it sit in the garage for a while! what happened to the mile high club??
Hey school teacher...Learn to work on your OWN car!!! the hell with mobil tech!!hee hee

AND let's please keep our fingers crossed that ol' smoooothGT DOES come!! ha ha

------------------

JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2002 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post
Hi, Chopto....er, Falcon (BTW - wasn't that a Ford product?).

Good to hear from you. Put a post on the board and let's see if anyone around you answers.

And hey, all the AAFO people are invited to come with or without their cars. This is just a "hello ya'll" type thing.

I don't care where we meet (or eat) but lets get it settled for strangers. The Hall of Fame is located almost adjacent to the Ranger museum parking lot. However, if we don't have a definite place - SOMEBODY will miss us! It always happens.

As for where we eat, we can decide that after everyone gets to the parking lot of choice.

Smoooooth GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2002 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Smoooooth GTSend a Private Message to Smoooooth GTDirect Link to This Post

I don't think the fiero will come with me this trip...trying to get her reddy for the red river thingy.

What are you doing??/ Re-disgning your trailer ramp's?? hehe

------------------
Under Construction.... Still!!

SmoothFieroGT@Yahoo.com

revin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2002 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
oh yea Steve YOU laugh NOW you just wait for YOUR trailer experances!! I for one would LOVE to watch you put smooth on a trailer! I have hints and do's and DONT'S do you???heh heh hehhhhhh

------------------

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2002 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
So what's this heatwave thing? Some type of cruise/show? Let me know, I could be persuaded to bring the Crown Vic on a good highway cruise.
JohnF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2002 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:
So what's this heatwave thing? Some type of cruise/show? Let me know, I could be persuaded to bring the Crown Vic on a good highway cruise.

Hey, Stimpy,

This "heatwave thing" is just a "happening of good ole boys who just happen to love Fieros" getting together just strictly for the he!!-of-it.

No Fieros especially involved, just owners. If any show up, great but no one is specifically inviting Fieros.

There happens to be a car show in Waco (no Fieros entered that we know of, anyway) and some of us are available to meet on that day at that place. Sept is a dead month locally and I guess we are all kind of lonesome for the Fiero crowd we haven't been around in awhile.

Everyone is welcome. Your Crown Vic is more than welcome to attend.

It's just get together and say Hi!. Lunch and go see the Waco cars at the Waco Convention center. Go home from there.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock