Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Interesting Custom Fiero Front end I saw...

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Interesting Custom Fiero Front end I saw... by furious_fiero
Started on: 08-18-2003 05:26 PM
Replies: 38
Last post by: 2Fast_Fiero on 08-22-2003 03:20 AM
furious_fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 232
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
I was out rollerblading with my girlfriend and saw this parked near a park on the side of a road in Vancouver. I had to stop and take some pictures of it. The quality is bad, but you can still see it. Its a pretty nice custom front end that looks like its made off of a formula front end...

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO

'86 2M4-Sold :( ...Looking for V6 Manual

See My New Website at www.geocities.com/furious_fiero

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KRuzn MAchines

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRuzn MAchinesSend a Private Message to KRuzn MAchinesDirect Link to This Post
thats cool. A little ricey. But all in the same very cool. He should make a mold. Plus for you.
Monza76

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Monza76Click Here to visit Monza76's HomePageSend a Private Message to Monza76Direct Link to This Post
I like it, the combination of the best looking coupe facia style with the big mouth, so often seen right now, works. It looks like a Fiero, as it should. I give it an A+ with only one suggestion, close the bottom so that the air flows through the radiator instead of under the car (it also looks bad to see pavement when you look into the opening).

Nice car, are there vents on that hood, I can't tell for sure from that picture.

Ira

------------------
The Iron Duke Resource Site

Sig design by MinnGreenGT

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Very well done, and creative too! I like it... the only thing is, that aside from the hood vents (which appear to be just screen-covered holes) and wheels - the car is still essentially stock in appearance. It need a little more "flare" yet. Still, very nice!

So, did you leave a note with fiero.nl on it?

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what kind of rims those are? I really like them...they could be used on a future project.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
That looks amazing... you better have left him a note with fiero.nl on it! lol, would like to know how that was done.

------------------
1986 Fiero SE

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2003 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Now that's what I want !!!! That nose retains the lines of the Formula nose and still gives a whole new "updated" appearance !!! Now who is gonna make on for me !!!
fieromadman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieromadmanClick Here to visit fieromadman's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieromadmanDirect Link to This Post
wow thats really what i want too!!

I think that the GT noses have to long of a shape but i dont like how the formula noses curve donw at the botom, that has the straight down air dam look and its shorter. I dont like all of the air holes, it looks really ricey. If he put some mesh in the vent it would look better yet!

I'm gonna screw around with a nose one of these days and dont be suprised if it ends up looking alot like that! It will have GT ground effects though!

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I have a question. What is it that you guys like so much more about this front end than the one we will be offering?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-19-2003).]

N2OInferno

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N2OInfernoSend a Private Message to N2OInfernoDirect Link to This Post
I can think of a couple of things off the top of my head. Although I love the front with the 300ZX lights and all, you're pretty much forced into a conversion. And unless you can take those wheel flares off you're going to have a very odd looking vehicle with just the front end.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
The entire conversion is not necessary. You can have just the front end with stock Fiero lights... And you can have it without flared fenders too...
PFF
System Bot
furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post
Heres the deal, this weekend I am gonna go down there again and see if that Fiero is parked somewhere around there again. The Fiero was right near a residential building, therefore the owner could be someone that lives there...so I will try to see if its somewhere around there again.

I wish I had a pen and paper to leave him a note about fiero.nl ...but all I had was my digital camera which I think was well worth it.

I will do my best to find that Fiero again...can anyone see from the pics what his license plate is? I might be able to find out where he lives with his license plate.

------------------
FURIOUS FIERO

'86 2M4-Sold :( ...Looking for V6 Manual

See My New Website at www.geocities.com/furious_fiero

tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by furious_fiero:

I was out rollerblading with my girlfriend and saw this parked near a park on the side of a road in Vancouver.

... something I haven't done in such a long, long time... No one here does that anymore!!

I really like that front end. The only things I would have done differently would be that little curve that 'connects' the side trim with the front, that little part near the bottom of the piece, closest to the tire. I would have done a straight line to the underside of the top of the lower scoop instead of a curve like that. I agree with Monza76 as well, on the large air dam (correct term?) I would close it up so you can't see pavement. Lastly, I was never a fan of that black trim going all the way around the front like that. I woulda either kept it closer to stock, or would have removed it all the way around the car. Other than those things, I really like that front end.

Songman, I like the front on the one you're showing (along with the other parts), but the main things I have against it are the way it curves inward along the bottom, then flares out, and the excessive detail by the blinkers. I like the straight-down sides like the one posted above has, and the extra inset detailing by the blinkers kinda destroys the lines between the 'pillars' and the inner sides of the headlights. I didn't say anything about the headlight covers since I figured they're optional, but I don't really like them. I prefer my headlights to be all molded into the plastic. I've always thought the covers people add to their headlights or taillights looked cheap.

------------------
Red '88 Fiero GT -- 2.8V6, 5Speed

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tjfennel:

Songman, I like the front on the one you're showing (along with the other parts), but the main things I have against it are the way it curves inward along the bottom, then flares out, and the excessive detail by the blinkers. I like the straight-down sides like the one posted above has, and the extra inset detailing by the blinkers kinda destroys the lines between the 'pillars' and the inner sides of the headlights. I didn't say anything about the headlight covers since I figured they're optional, but I don't really like them. I prefer my headlights to be all molded into the plastic. I've always thought the covers people add to their headlights or taillights looked cheap.

Thanks, tj... that is what I was looking for. Everything can be changed if we know what people want. Not sure what you mean about the blinkers though... In this example the holes have been opened up for larger European lights with fog lamps built in.

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

The entire conversion is not necessary. You can have just the front end with stock Fiero lights... And you can have it without flared fenders too...

OK Dale ... I'll bite ! If the front end your showing did not include any mods to the headlights and did not include any wheel-flair I would be very interested in it ! What I'm trying to get away with is a simple bolt on mod .... not a full on conversion. I even like the blinkers OK !!!

What kind of dough will we be talking for this front end ??? You can email me with ballpark figures if your not ready to disclose exact pricing !!!

[This message has been edited by 2M4 Dale (edited 08-19-2003).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Songman - I really do prefer the full conversion of Stefan's over this one... I just like what was done (but I'd never do it myself), it's creative.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys... I'm just looking for any input so that Stefan can modify and/or build things that people want. He says he is willing if I can show interest over here...

I really have no idea about pricing yet other than rough numbers on the 355 hood and the composite headlights. Those will be the first things available. I will say that the 355 nose will be slightly higher than the Pisa nose, but the increase in quality and the fact that it is bolt on and ready to go will more than make up for the price.

Two more days till Stefan is home from vacation! Damn this has been the longest two weeks I can remember! haha

Pegasos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PegasosSend a Private Message to PegasosDirect Link to This Post
I like the front air dam. It reminds me of the 1990 proto-type that was displayed at the Pontiac, Michigan show(20th).
Coop9200

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Coop9200Click Here to visit Coop9200's HomePageSend a Private Message to Coop9200Direct Link to This Post
i like it, it definetly has that aggressive look to it, without all the jagged edges and stuff, and with a good combination of clean curves...

-Coop

Automoda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2003 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutomodaSend a Private Message to AutomodaDirect Link to This Post

Hey MinGreen, remember this bumper cover?

------------------

87 Quad 4 HO convertible

tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post
Songman: I'm not too good at explaining things so I'll try again . What I meant about the extra inset detailing was about that area by the lights above the foglight holes but below the headlights. On that area, there's a bit of a channel that 'reaches' inward to the center of the car. To me, that extra 'reach' is unnecessary. Umm... I'll do some Photoshopping and I'll post what I got
PFF
System Bot
tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 05:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post
Songman: Photoshopped pics here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/031793.html
wuzzy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wuzzySend a Private Message to wuzzyDirect Link to This Post
Songman I really like that body kit. If I had some extra cash laying around I would order one in a second.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tjfennel:

Songman: I'm not too good at explaining things so I'll try again . What I meant about the extra inset detailing was about that area by the lights above the foglight holes but below the headlights. On that area, there's a bit of a channel that 'reaches' inward to the center of the car. To me, that extra 'reach' is unnecessary. Umm... I'll do some Photoshopping and I'll post what I got

Hey tj... If I am understanding you correctly, you mean the part that I circled in red in the picture below. If so, that is the normal coupe/Formula front end line. In this case, Stefan was trying to keep with the normal Fiero lines. I am sure that could be filled in if you wanted a solid front look.

Thanks Amir for the use of your front end.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-20-2003).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
OK>. just looked at the pics in the other thread... You have some good ideas. I never liked the painted line on the headlights either. Of course that is just paint and would be the builders choice.

As I said above, I think the coves on the front could be filled easily enough if you wanted a smooth front end. I'll talk to Stefan.

The part that bothers me the most about the entire conversion is that the molding band is still on the front end and there is no molding on the rest of the car. I was going to ask Stefan about that too. Thanks to you, now I have a picture to show him! haha

Thanks for your input!

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Dale I added some input to the other thread about how I would like this nose to look ... maybe tjfennel can photoshop my ideas up for me !!!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Here's my input... Just for folks who may not be seeing the other thread. What if we offered this piece that you could bond to your existing nose?

tjfennel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tjfennelClick Here to visit tjfennel's HomePageSend a Private Message to tjfennelDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Hey tj... If I am understanding you correctly, you mean the part that I circled in red in the picture below. If so, that is the normal coupe/Formula front end line. In this case, Stefan was trying to keep with the normal Fiero lines. I am sure that could be filled in if you wanted a solid front look.

Ah! Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I didn't know it was also on the original body lines, though. For me, with the new lights, those lines there kinda messes with the tidiness of the rest of it... kinda interrupts the lines, if you know what I mean.

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
A bonded on lower would be nice !!! I however will probrably want an entire nose due to the fact that mine was already sagging before my wife ran over it ... it's worse now ! Of coarse money will always be a factor ....

Your photoshop rendering is about exactly what I was looking for ... question ??? could this be made so that no modification would be nessasary to the inner liners on the wheelwells ?

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
From what I hear of Stefan's products, they are ready to bolt on. The only difference you would find would be minor differences in the stock Fiero hood, fenders, etc...

I'm going to send this info to Stefan (who should be returning tomorrow). Part of our agreement is that I help fine tune the products to meet what customers want.

I think this could be made to match up with the stock inner fenderwells. The front fascia is lower to the ground but I think the new front would just have to be made to wrap partially up into the fenderwell to fill the added space.

One question that occurs to me... If you just want a new bottom section on a stock Formula style fascia, wouldn't it probably be cheaper to find a new fascia over here to bond the bottom section to instead of buying the whole piece and having it delivered from Germany? Not that I wouldn't love to sell you the whole piece! I guess it sorta depends on your body working abilities too...

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-20-2003).]

2M4 Dale

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2M4 DaleSend a Private Message to 2M4 DaleDirect Link to This Post
Your right a new lower would be more cost effective !!!
PFF
System Bot
Kris Duck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kris DuckSend a Private Message to Kris DuckDirect Link to This Post
Just for fun, here's a PS'd version. I'm not as good as some people here, but I was bored.

My only concern with a kit for the 87-88 coupe nose is that there aren't that many of them around any more. The 84-86 coupe is much more readily available, but would need a mask that covered the black pads, in order to look more modern. New idea maybe?

Cheers,

Kris

PS. Sorry for butchering your car, Amir

Mattyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MattymanSend a Private Message to MattymanDirect Link to This Post
That 87-88 coupe fascia with the lower piece looks amazing. I love that look. There is just something about it that makes it look real nice. Probably the fact that the picture is of one very nice Fiero.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Nice job, Kris...

When Stefan gets back I'll talk to him. I'm not sure how hard it would be to make it available either way... as a full nose or as just a bottom splash..

We're getting it honed down to something nice now though!

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Automoda:

Hey MinGreen, remember this bumper cover?

That's where I got the idea for my front fascia

It's not finished yet, even though it's primered. I'm still considering making some pockets in the fascia for the fog lights, and maybe something else. Also needs a grill. I hate looking through it and seeing the ground. Plus it'll just give it a more finished look.

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-20-2003 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post

WHAT WHEELS ARE THOSE!!!!!!
I'm sure these will make Rare87GT and Myself EXTREAMLY Happy!

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2003 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Seems like the fastback coupes are multiplying like rabbits. I can't wait to get mine converted.

Anyway I would like a straight bolt-on version of your coupe nose, or just the chin spoiler. I really don't want to replace all the body panels on my car just to get a cool nose.

furious_fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2003 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for furious_fieroSend a Private Message to furious_fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2Fast_Fiero:

WHAT WHEELS ARE THOSE!!!!!!
I'm sure these will make Rare87GT and Myself EXTREAMLY Happy!

So what kind are they?

2Fast_Fiero

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-22-2003 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2Fast_FieroClick Here to visit 2Fast_Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2Fast_FieroDirect Link to This Post

So what kind are they?

Thats what I wanna know!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock