Started on: 11-01-2003 06:23 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: Jncomutt on 11-04-2003 10:09 PM
MarkJPana

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2003 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
i am looking for any pictures of fi-ar-o scoops, single (on pass side or driver) or both on

if they are notchies then its better

thanks
~Mark

------------------
Black 85GT

No PM Please
AIM : Mjpana252
email : mjpana@comcast.net

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2003 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I think Jncomutt has a pair. If you go to Kick Hill tomorrow you could ask him about them.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 11-01-2003).]

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2003 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
yup i know, im getting one from him, but i still want to see some pics
FieroHarry

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Mark do you need pics on or off the car?

------------------

"If you want to blend in, take the bus!"
fieroharry@yahoo.com
FOCOSEVA & CFOG-I
FieroHarryW AOIM

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
property of Jkfiero.com

check out www.jkfiero.com for more

ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

property of Jkfiero.com

check out www.jkfiero.com for more

I've seen scoops almost exactly like that on a white MR2 up in Ottawa, ON. Its crazy how similar the two cars are (since they are both white). Looks awesome in my opinion.

------------------
Alex

stored for the winter

Blacksheep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacksheepSend a Private Message to BlacksheepDirect Link to This Post
i have seen those on a couple of cars and they look really cool, expecially on notchbacks like that, but i have never been able to find where i can get them, does anyone know? i would really like to put them on mine.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I do believe Mark found 1...
GARY TUCKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GARY TUCKERSend a Private Message to GARY TUCKERDirect Link to This Post
How much do they help cooling? I love the way they look...does the sun roof disturbe the airflow into them? THANKS, GARY

------------------
1988 Gary Tucker (GT)

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GARY TUCKER:

How much do they help cooling? I love the way they look...does the sun roof disturbe the airflow into them? THANKS, GARY

I dont know that they really help cooling, since the vents where originally designed to flow air out of the engine bay.

I do like the look of them though.

------------------
Bandwidth Conscious signature---Home Page

Ricers Make Baby Jesus Cry

GARY TUCKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GARY TUCKERSend a Private Message to GARY TUCKERDirect Link to This Post
I don't think air is going to flow up while you are moving foward.....they catch much more air than the side scoop while moving.

------------------
1988 Gary Tucker (GT)

PFF
System Bot
MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
i dont know how they are supposed to vent heat when air is being forced into them when ur driving. but man do they look cool, even with just one, i cant wait to get mine on the car

------------------
Black 85GT

No PM Please

GARY TUCKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GARY TUCKERSend a Private Message to GARY TUCKERDirect Link to This Post
Where ITH can you get them!

------------------
1988 Gary Tucker (GT)

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
good question, maybe u can somehow convince john (jncomutt) to sell u his driver side, but its guna be alot more than ur willing to pay, he wants his, hahahaha
~Mark

[This message has been edited by MarkJPana (edited 11-02-2003).]

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I know someone that pulled a mold off one of the actual IRM ones. He then made a limited run (5 sets maybe)??

I belive someone bought all the IRM molds, so they may be going back into production sometime soon.

When I heard about the molds being made, I made sure to snatch up a set, regardless of the price, just cause they're becoming more rare.

Out of curiosity, how much have you seen them for on ebay??

GARY TUCKER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GARY TUCKERSend a Private Message to GARY TUCKERDirect Link to This Post
I saw a pair on e-bay about a mounth ago and did not bid...on a red notch back...they appeared to be sold and then they showed back up about two weeks later. This time I placed a bid before I realized it was in some foreign currancy....I think I put in what I thought to be $150.00 just to find out in was in AU (what ever that is) and I did not want to withdraw my bid so I let it ride even that turned out to be over $225.00 dollars for the conversion rate.....not including the $65.00 shipping charge......Thank God I was out bid....I am just waiting for them to show up again...It has been about two weeks since I last saw them.

------------------
1988 Gary Tucker (GT)

Tabs31

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2003 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tabs31Send a Private Message to Tabs31Direct Link to This Post
I got one on the drivers side of my car.

------------------

MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
anyone got any more pics?
ManiMack

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManiMackSend a Private Message to ManiMackDirect Link to This Post
I could see using them for ducting an air intake, or intercooler,oil cooler ect....
Thats about it though.

Wouldn't you run into overheating problums with the way you have it set up? If you have two, both just pushing air into the vents, which are designed to let hot air out....

With two leading to nothing, seems about as usefull as a 50lbs wing on a Civic.

------------------
In Toronto crusin' it up in the V6...

[This message has been edited by ManiMack (edited 11-03-2003).]

kirkio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kirkioClick Here to visit kirkio's HomePageSend a Private Message to kirkioDirect Link to This Post
Are those only mounted on the battery covers?
ARKaiser

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARKaiserSend a Private Message to ARKaiserDirect Link to This Post
I'd like them more if the fit the vent covers better and if they were closer to the Indy scoop in design.

As far as being of any functional use I doubt that they would help do anything. The vents are designed to use the air flow over the body to pull air out of the engine bay. These things would put air pressure into the bay -the only way then to vent air out would be under the rear of the car. Without some bodywork under the car I doubt you would get enough airflow (even with the new back pressure) to move any more air then the stock vents would.

But then again, everything that looks cool dosn't have to fuction well.

PFF
System Bot
FieroHarry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroHarrySend a Private Message to FieroHarryDirect Link to This Post
Question # 1 No they dont help as much as you would expect, air is supposed to come out not in. Only really effected at idle while driving they work okay.
#2 Yes if you open the sun roof it does effect air flow (proven with my hand reaching up and feeling heat at inlet roof open/ no heat roof closed)

Although my lazy butt hasnt really gotten around to it yet, I did buy a Hayden 10" cooling fan to go under the right side vent to blow into the engine bay. But I still have to move the battery box up front first.
I did however find a cavalier z24 cowl inducted air system in the bone yard here.
Im gonna use the air cleaner system on my scoops and remove the filter from inside it (snorkel) and place it back into the proper position again.
But heres more pics if you really wanted to see them.

[This message has been edited by FieroHarry (edited 11-03-2003).]

Fiero~Spataro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero~SpataroSend a Private Message to Fiero~SpataroDirect Link to This Post
heres one of tabs i dont have a better pic right now

------------------

*click to see my Fiero site*

Morkidan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MorkidanSend a Private Message to MorkidanDirect Link to This Post
couldnt you somehow reverse the vent or remove it to blow more air in?
MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
i still dont understand how air is supposed to come out, do u mean while idling? i may have missed someone saying that already, but when you are moving the air must go in, maybe not a ton, but it does right?

------------------
Black 85GT

No PM Please

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2003 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
F.O.C.A. has been selling them for years as lazy-C scoops. I dont know if they where from them or from Jncomutt or not but if Jkfiriero did not buy the rights or invent them then he should not call them his property!

Red86SEautox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red86SEautoxClick Here to visit Red86SEautox's HomePageSend a Private Message to Red86SEautoxDirect Link to This Post
Got a set of them in my basement that have never been painted...

just might have to do something with them this winter.

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2003 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I meant the pics are from JKfiero.com, not the copyright of the scoop design.

The Lazy C scoops you talk about are not the same. Those go along the outside of the sail panel, behind the window area, not over the top.

They should help with some cooling, especially when vented out the wheel well.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 11-04-2003).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock