Started on: 11-11-2003 09:28 PM
Replies: 28
Last post by: fiero_silva on 12-15-2003 10:58 PM
fiero_silva

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
I got my first car in March of 2003. Its a 85 SE V6 auto. Never got around to posting pics of it, so here they are.
This year, I guess I was the 16/17 year old ricer kid in his first car. I couldnt afford good stuff so I did the ricer basics, including: Seat covers, painted chin spoiler, neon inside and out, APC stickers, painted calipers, custom tail lights (Not in pics).

The car is now parked for the winter and I have grown up a bit so next years plans are for the car to be smooth. I will be doing custom paint, shaving all mouldings and door handles, relocation gas cap, fastback swap, GFX, leather seats and interior accents, flush mount headlights, flush mound hood vents, rims..... completly smooth and flowing. Of course the stickers and neon will be gone

Well here's the pics:
custom door handles

Front shot showing painted chin spoiler

This is the paint for next year, It's Copperhead Pearl, the same paint used on the TV show Trucks for project Copperhead. Costing around 140$ a quart!!

Home made sidescoops I'm working on, I'm not sure if I'm going to use them or not, (may not be quite the style I'm going for next year)

Al

[This message has been edited by fiero_silva (edited 11-11-2003).]

[This message has been edited by fiero_silva (edited 02-07-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
HummelHund

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
Beautiful car, you've obviously put a lot of time and effort into it. Keep us posted on that paint!

------------------
88' Fiero Coupe 2.5L, silver 5-spd.

fierogt3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt3Send a Private Message to fierogt3Direct Link to This Post
i LOVEthe color of project copperhead....love it!!!

------------------
FieroGt3 Website! Check it out.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
Dude, that is one nice fiero. I wish mine was as nice. i too have a fiero as a first car. isnt it fun to make all the kids at school go "What the hell is that?".

BTW...
where did you put neons in the inside? im going to put some inside of mine. im not sure what color yet. im thinking blue or red. eventually i will put a underglow kit on and i am putting neon in my engine compartment.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
inside the neons in the foot wheels, vents, on the center console right at the back, just abouve the radio, under the seats, above the doors on the top of the moulding by the headliner.
Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
nice scoop are you making one for each side? are you using fibre glass?

------------------
mod it until is perfect.

http://members.cardomain.com/boricuaso

88220gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2003 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88220gtSend a Private Message to 88220gtDirect Link to This Post
did know you could mod till it was perfect, some people think perfect is next to impossible cuz no one accutaly knows what perfect it to everyone(one person might think its perfect) man, thats a lot of mods..
stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2003 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Before you start shaving off moulding and relocating gas caps, take a look at smooth GT's car and question your auto body experience. Understand that that mis-shapen lump of bondo and raggedy fiberglass has been in progress for about 2 years now. Please, I beg of you, don't go bastardizing such a nice little coupe. Stickers come off, Bondo is forever!

------------------

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
This will not be a 2 year smoothing process.... It will be done by mid May.

I have looked at Smooth's car and I think it looks good, needs paint but it looks good. I think that once he's finished the car, it will be right up there with the best.

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2003 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Youth is wasted on the young.
DarkRain

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRainSend a Private Message to DarkRainDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy, I'm smoothing my next fiero, just the moulding though, because it updates the look a little. I hope to be done about after about a month of working on it for a few hours a day...
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2003 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure that slapping some bondo over the moulding and sanding it out shouldn't take too long. Getting the crease line straight might be another issue entirely. But when one starts talking about relocating the fuel filler, well, I would just hope that they knew what they were doing. One might want to pick up a Fiero that's not quite so nice on the outside to start doing those kinds of experiments. But, hey, it's your car, knock yourself out.
Boricuasoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoricuasoyClick Here to visit Boricuasoy's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoricuasoyDirect Link to This Post
dude i say go for it, if it dont work or looks bad you can all replase the panels no big loss. Fiero= toy. so play with it.

------------------
mod it until is perfect.

http://members.cardomain.com/boricuaso

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2003 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Well there are two pluses that no one has yet mentionedl :P

1. I have a complete *spare* body in my backyard incase I mess up.

2. When you remouve the moulding, the gap is like a U . But one top leg is shorter than the other. the pannels will continue their curve untill they meet the longer leg of the U.

The contour follows from the bottom of the car to the long leg of the U, since the long leg of the U is at the same height around the car, you get the straight line that looks like it should be there.

The red is really the only place where you need filler.

AL

stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-12-2003 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
And how will Bondo laid on that thick hold up to the vibrations and impacts that will come with being a daily driver? I'd wager that you'll have stress cracks all over the place within a year. Like I said, go to it if that's your thing, but I'd make sure I knew all of the possible issues before I started messing with it if it were my car.
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Stimpy, My pic above is slightly exadgerated, the gap left by the moulding is fairly shallow, the filler will be no more than 5mm thick at any spot.

I'm using Bondo-glass, its reinforced with fiberglass strands and is very strong and also holds up very well to flexing. I've flexed the fender I've done in every direction to its limits, the bondo did not budge... I can hold the fender at one end and shake it violently and the bondo doesnt move... I've put that fender through more abuse in 10 minutes than it would see in 5 years on the car...

[This message has been edited by fiero_silva (edited 11-25-2003).]

Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
car looks great. The Scoops look even Better. Enough room for say..... Intercooler???

Mine will be used for Oil cooler.

------------------

86 SE Needs every thing but a Motor & Sunroof Seal!!! Now for Sale! $1200.00
http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Web Master
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.com
Will entertain for SIG! Photoshop Challenged. Only you can help stop Text Sig's!

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 327
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero_silva:

Stimpy:
1. I never said I was using bondo, I'm using a flexible body filler than my uncle who owns his own body shop recomended.

2. My pic above is slightly exadgerated, the gap left by the moulding is fairly shallow, the filler will be no more than 5mm thick at any spot.

Either way it is still filler. Try what I was thinking maybe and fill it with fibreglass. Then the filler is only there for smoothness and is 1mm thick maximum. Also have you worked out what to do on the panels that have to be removed sometimes? I have but I am keeping that under my hat

------------------

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Aus, I was planning on doing a one piece body, I will be redoing the body next winter anyways with more mods. However I'm still interested in your idea.......
PM me with info if you want
thanks,

Puck you have a PM.

AL

LUD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LUDSend a Private Message to LUDDirect Link to This Post
I think the only panels that need to be removed are the bumpers.I thought on using tiger hair filler or fiber glass mat and using a flexible bondo over it.I´m unsure how to replace the front side turn lights.
Please give me a hint how you would mount the bumpers.
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2003 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
for the panels that need to be removed, use the snap plugs that are used ALL OVER the fiero in other places. that way the piece will be just as secure as if they were stock, but you can still remove them, even though the car make come off in two pieces instead of several, lol

and good luck Al, i know your experience will affect whether i do my car that way as well. i tried using the glass reinforced stuff for some sub boxes i'm building and was VERY impressed with it. unlike normal bondo it actually seems like it strengthens the surface not just cover it. i'm sure it'll do just fine. the normal bondo junk i used on my door panels hasn't cracked yet and it'll see at least the same stress as the outside, plus all the closing of the door on ppls legs, lol

------------------

My 85 Fiero GT

PFF
System Bot
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Fierce could you explain your idea a bit more....
the only parts that would be bonded together would be 1/4 pannels and rear clip.... i would need to be able to remouve the bumpers if neccesary...

Al

------------------
----------------------------------------
Custom fiberglass parts made to order, PM me.

fastbackboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastbackboySend a Private Message to fastbackboyDirect Link to This Post
well i dont have a pic to post but someone could always do someting that attaches from behind on the outside leavin just a little line between both panels so u remove the inner fender and detach from behin and ur rear bumper comes off same could go for quarter panel would only leave a hairpin line with ability to remove all parts from behind only thing i ca see just posting this as an idea

------------------
fastbackboy
email:gtrfiero@hotmail.com

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
al, you know those clips that hold the door panels on? if not go take off a door panel. they are pry off kinda clips, you don't need access to the top at all. so you could insert them through the stock mounting holes, bondo/glass over top so they are secure in place. and then to remove the panels you just pry them off. for your instance the lower 1/4 panel and rear clip will be joined together just infront of the rear fender, that is where you would use these clips. i would also do this for behind the wheel where the rear clip and bumper join. you'll end up with a one piece rear end though. but it's still POSSIBLE to remove it. the same would be applied to front end. front bumper and fenders would be one piece. i would suggest using fewer clips though, maybe one or two. you will need to be able to get a screwdriver in there and puch up right near the clip, otherwise you risk wrecking all that hard work you did.
good luck man, don't listen to the naysayers. i got a lot of "that's gonna crack, you can't do that, buy my pods instead" BS when i made my door panels. it was all wrong, they worked fine never cracked. they just didn't fit when i finished, oops, where were the warnings about that? lol
stimpy

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-15-2003 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
It sounds like you've put some thought into this. I hope it works out well for you. Still not sure about relocating the gas fill, but I'm looking forward to seeing it put together.
KRMFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KRMFieroSend a Private Message to KRMFieroDirect Link to This Post
APC Sticker? thats good for 10 hp..... that car is rice oh wait its a fiero its not rice sorry only kidding, looks like she will be a nice car soon
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Oh I dont deny it, I WAS A RICER LAST YEAR, but its my first car, i had limited funds so thats about all i could afford....
The car is now parked for the winter and I'm saving almost 100$ a week not paying for gas for it.....

Next years it will be stickerless and completly SMOOTH, right down to the empblems.....

fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post
hehe. i guess nobody's noticed the shark fin yet...
fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2003 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
SHHHH its gone already

------------------
----------------------------------------
Custom fiberglass parts made to order, PM me.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock