Started on: 06-02-2004 01:47 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: helmet1978 on 06-07-2004 07:28 PM
Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
The Fiero in question, a 1:18 scale silver Yat Ming 85GT Fiero.
The donor car for aftermarket parts:
A 1:18 scale "import" model:

My question is, has anyone here ever disected one of these types of die cast models before? I can't for the life of me figure out how the wheels come off. I'm afraid I am going to break them:

Any help is greatly appreciated

Steve

------------------

Now over 500 pics of our growing fleet of Pontiac excitement:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/fiero5

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post06-02-2004 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
There should be screws on the bottom of the model. Unscrew it and remove the entire axel. If you are lucky they will be the same size as the Fiero axels.

Are you going to paint the Fiero lime green? The Mini-Me Radioactive Booger?

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Hmm, that makes sense. Take the whole axle assembly section off and try and swap the entire thing. I will try that tonight. Thanks Stimpy.

Yes, that is the plan. Once it has most of the same mods that we can find or make in that scale and it is ready, my Dad will carefully spray it with the same radioactive booger lime green color as Jordans much larger original version

The Mini-Me radioactive booger

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
On the Yatming model I have, when you take the tires off, you can pull the wheels apart. There is a screw that holds the other half of the wheel to the axle.
Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Well, I got quite a lot done last night.
Here are some updated pics:

Since we changed Jordans interior to black, we had to do the same for the model

You can also see in the next pic where we added silver for the diamond plate floor mats and console sides, the red Sony "X" Plode amp behind the passenger seat, the center console yellow sub woofer and the yellow shift knob among other little details:

You can also see the finished inside doors as well

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 06-03-2004).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
The racing seats go in

I bet you can tell what we are getting ready to do now

I figured since the door panels came out so good doing the green paint by hand, I would do the whole car that way instead osaving from having my father gear up the whole system just to spray a 1:18 scale model

Not a very clear pic, but here you can see the chrome fire extinguisher just like in the full size version

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Fiero5

8882 posts
Member since Jun 2000
Once the paint was dry, we could then permenently mount the Terminator II spoiler

Getting there but lots of touch ups still to do paint wise

With the interior temporarily placed inside to see how it looks

Lots more to do tonight

Steve

ZeroC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeroCClick Here to visit ZeroC's HomePageSend a Private Message to ZeroCDirect Link to This Post
Poor Yat Ming

I Hope You Have Another One Your Leaving Stock

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Oh yeah, we have one of each of them that are staying stock for display just the way they are.
This one will go and display with Jordans Fiero when it goes to shows and events as a "Mini Me Radioactive Booger" smaller 1:18 version
FieroPilot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroPilotSend a Private Message to FieroPilotDirect Link to This Post

It's coming along nice but the paint looks a little thick.........

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2004 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroPilot:

It's coming along nice but the paint looks a little thick.........

The paint is thick on top to fill in the sunroof area better so to get ready for the roof scoop and roof decals.

PFF
System Bot
ToonTownfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2004 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToonTownfieroClick Here to visit ToonTownfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to ToonTownfieroDirect Link to This Post
I like it keep up the good work.
Where would I be able to get one of those stock fiero models from?
Keesee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2004 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KeeseeSend a Private Message to KeeseeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero5:

My question is, has anyone here ever disected one of these types of die cast models before? I can't for the life of me figure out how the wheels come off. I'm afraid I am going to break them:

Have you figured out the wheels yet? After you've dismounted the tires, separate the outer & inner wheel halves to reveal a single screw holding the wheel backs to the axle-spindles.
Hope this helps.....

[This message has been edited by Keesee (edited 06-07-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2004 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
I saw the title to this thread and thought.... 'oh NO!!'
Then I dropped something after I clicked, and then saw the orange in the picture and thought you were doing a orange Fiero like the F&F... The BAD AZZ Supra!

Lookin' Good on it though!

Oh, This one is a little cheaper to build eh'..??

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built -- W I D E B O D Y-- GT!!
One of One!!

2nd Generation WideBody coming soon... :)

AndyLPhoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2004 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AndyLPhotoClick Here to visit AndyLPhoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to AndyLPhotoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ToonTownfiero:

I like it keep up the good work.
Where would I be able to get one of those stock fiero models from?

The Fiero Store has them; other places as well, including ebay. Should be around $15 if memory serves. They are available in red or silver, both 85 GTs.

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2004 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Keesee:

Have you figured out the wheels yet? After you've dismounted the tires, separate the outer & inner wheel halves to reveal a single screw holding the wheel backs to the axle-spindles.
Hope this helps.....

I figured out the Fiero wheels OK but the orange Fast & Furious one is put together very different and not as easy to disasemble at all. The wheels on the orange one are all permenently glued together so we are having to cut, grind and then glue parts to each other to make them work with the Fiero models suspension.
I will have some awesome updated pics though of it going back together very soon.

helmet1978

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2004 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for helmet1978Click Here to visit helmet1978's HomePageSend a Private Message to helmet1978Direct Link to This Post
Lookin pretty good there. I did this with one of my YatMing's as well:

These wheels are from a GTS Viper and took a bit of drilling and some screws to mount to the Fiero spindles.

------------------
http://www.raceme.cc/helmet/

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock