Pictures of my Parts car. by 88_Fiero_2M4
Started on: 08-28-2004 11:47 PM
Replies: 25
Last post by: jscott1 on 08-29-2004 09:02 PM
88_Fiero_2M4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Yep this is my third Fiero... Funny we found a few Ford Pickup parts in it but that seems to be what hit it. However in one picture it has part of the vin number and the Milage.... It was on its second engine and by the looks of the engine it didnt have very many miles on it. All the hoses and eveything looks new... The AC still holds a charge, Its a 5 speed, Cruise control and power decklid reliese.
The Rear wheels are the kind it came with... I have already started using parts off of it... All but one tire were nearly new... the left rear thought was blown out in the wreck so its the only bad tire on it.
I am going to use the wire wheels on my 86 Fiero along with the engine.
The Top was cut off and it was cut in half as well so the sun roof is gone and unusable which is a bummer.... They cut the top off cause I think the driver was trapped in it... there was no blood so I dont think he or she was injured very bad.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Forgot one

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
Please tell me it was free.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2004 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Nope its going to cost me a total of $600
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Ouch! I have bought running Formulas for less than that.. and lots of other Fieros too? Why so much?
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I would be willing to say the impact was at about 70 mph combined speed. Every body panel is out of alignment and the only panels that are totaly reusable are the decklid, Rear bumper Cover and front bumper cover. A repair will have to be made to the decklid on the loovers. The hood has a hole in it about the size of a quarter but can be fixed. The right quarter panel just ahead of the right rear tire has minor but reparable dammage. Most of the mechinics are still in working order... So I will salvage as much as I can. What is left I will sell as scrap... However I am thinking of making one of those little trailers out of the front section of it. The Frame is too badly Torqued to save.... even the engine is sitting in at a slight angle however I am thinking that its the body that is like that and not the frame.
Good thing is that all the wheels suffered no dammage.. even the left rear is intact and untouched.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post

88_Fiero_2M4

1312 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by Songman:

Ouch! I have bought running Formulas for less than that.. and lots of other Fieros too? Why so much?

It fetched 500 in the auction and I am paying 100 over cost to cover transportation and fees. Its $1000 one time fee just to get into Klode's where they got this Fiero... And you have to have a Salvage license to buy anything there.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm building my trailer combining the front and rear... This is my Photoshopped mock-up...

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by 88_Fiero_2M4:

It fetched 500 in the auction and I am paying 100 over cost to cover transportation and fees. Its $1000 one time fee just to get into Klode's where they got this Fiero... And you have to have a Salvage license to buy anything there.

I need to bring my Fieros to Colorado! I have a complete running low mile 86 SE aero car that I am asking $1000 for!

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I was thinking of doing the same for a Trailer. I saw one just like that here when I first joined up. That photoshoped version looks good.
If I were just to sell the wheels I would recoupe the cost of buying this car anyway... The Engine is a Rebuilt engine and looks fairly new. It also looks like who ever owned it before had alot of work done on it... The Radiator looks fairly new as well. However I dont think I will be selling much off of this car... I think alot of it is going to be used on my other Two Fieros... The Decklid will be repaired and used on my 86. The engine, AC, Light motors and several other parts will also be used on my 86. I will fix up the Trans axels and keep the Transmission around as a spare since its an Isuzu 5 speed like both my 88 and 86. I now have two spare motors and several other spare parts with this Parts car which puts me way ahead of where I was.

------------------
Don Pottorff
www.vmf323.com
Red 88 2M4
Silver 86 2M4
Red 84 SE Parts Car
Red 85 GT 1:18 Scale

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post

88_Fiero_2M4

1312 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Forgot to mention that the carpet in the trunk has no stains in it. So before the wreck it looks like it was well taken care of.
PFF
System Bot
donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
You got raped dude. you can buy 3 running 1984 coupes for 600 USD here.

500 will get you a running v6 5spd coupe

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 08-29-2004).]

88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I am not too concirned anyway... most of it will be payed by favor anyway. These guys that got it for me do alot of work for very cheap for me. They put in a clutch in my 88 for like $300 and have done plenty of other work for me and my Grandparents for very cheap prices. They also transfered the front tires off this car to my 88 for nothing and ballanced them for the same price. In turn I list stuff on Ebay for them... Just got done selling a 70 Ford Bronco for them and next on the list is a 68 Dodge Charger. They pay me 10% of what they get from the sale of what ever car or truck sells on Ebay that I list. I got $250 for a 70 Baracuda that went for $2500 and This Charger will be going for $5000... So I get $500 of that.
They came up with the 10% so its fair. These guys have a dosen Old musle cars and I will be listing all of them.

[This message has been edited by 88_Fiero_2M4 (edited 08-29-2004).]

Hop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HopSend a Private Message to HopDirect Link to This Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have spent $600 on things before and got alot less.
I feel real good about saving the 86 GT Parts Car from the crusher that I have listed on the forum.
Perhaps someday someone will need it?
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Thing is I need it now. My 86 has been sitting around for 4 years now with a blown engine.... This car was just dropped in my lap and now I have a running engine to put into my 86. This couldnt come at a better time as I am starting a new job that will keep me from driving Both of my Fieros to much and with two of them running I will have them both running for a long time to come. I will be able to stop putting to many more miles on the 88 and be able to start doing the custom work on the 88 that I want to do without worring about not haveing transportation. I have been looking for a good engine to swap in and finaly found it.
I have noticed that people around here have started to see the value in the Fiero and I dont think it will be long before the prices start to go back up.... Klode's is a good sign as Salvage prices go up so will the market value of the cars... It used to be that you could pick up Fieros at Klode's for near nothing... An 88 GT sold there earlier this summer for $1500 and I nearly ended up with it as well.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88_Fiero_2M4:

Dude, I'm not trying to flame you either, but I have to ask why? I suppose I can understand why you want to be able to go to this salvage yard, but I think there are a lot better deals than what you got. I have bought running driveable Fieros that haven't been wrecked for less than $600.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Let me know on those wheels too. I've got about 6 sets of them sitting here that I can't get anything for. If you can recoup your money just from them, I'll meet you there and we'll make some money.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
Right now I dont have any plans to sell anything from this Fiero... I was just using that as an example. I plan to use the wheels on my 86 since it had those ugly steel rims with hubcaps on them. Anything else I will eather trade for other parts or keep around as spares. Really I dont personaly think its a bad deal.... considering what each part would have cost me to buy seperatly. You all have to understand I live 160 miles from the nearest city and it isnt just a walk in the park for me to find anything and everything I need. Also starting my new job with Swift I wont be around to do alot of my parts searching. I have to take what I can get. Besides You guys live in areas where there seems to be a surplus of cheep items to buy. I live in eastern colorado a long way away from anything. Just transportation costs to bring something out here cost me more then most of the prices you are listing.
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post

88_Fiero_2M4

1312 posts
Member since Jan 2004

Originally posted by jscott1:

Dude, I'm not trying to flame you either, but I have to ask why? I suppose I can understand why you want to be able to go to this salvage yard, but I think there are a lot better deals than what you got. I have bought running driveable Fieros that haven't been wrecked for less than $600.

I never thought you were trying to flame me. I understand you guys are trying to tell me I spent more then I should have. However I am not only paying the cost of just buying something here. I am also paying the Transportation fee.

Puck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckClick Here to visit Puck's HomePageSend a Private Message to PuckDirect Link to This Post
You paid $600 for that.....wow you must have reallly wanted it....

here is a pic of my daily driver that i bought for $400 and it looks the same now other then me putting my flush mount lights i had in my garage in it...

Adam

roys88fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for roys88fieroClick Here to visit roys88fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to roys88fieroDirect Link to This Post
hey thats cool, 3 cars are better than 2................(especially when you got a parts car)..... congrats!
-Roy

------------------
I own an original yellow 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT, (wingless, currently purple) ....This is.....Driving Exitement!

Matching numbers GT
#17889 of 26,402 made in 1988, 1of 241 yellow GT's

PFF
System Bot
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I had seen this car at Klode's site and had already decided I didnt want it... However Bernie went up there and bought it anyway. I didnt tell them that I didnt think it would be worth it... However it has a Rebuilt engine in it and that alone would be worth the cost. So I personaly decided to buy it from them. Its A choice I made myself to do. I thank you guys for being consirned.. However what is done is done. I cant just leave these guys hanging with the cost of buying something trying to be nice to me. Besides you wont here me complain about it. I will survive and that is it. No harm done. All I am going to focus on is tearing the car apart and getting all the use out of it I can. Anything and everything that can be used will be... down to the light bulbs.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I'm glad you are happy with your purchase. That's all that matters. There will always be somebody somewhere that got a better deal than the one you got, then come on PFF to tell you about it. That's life

It also varies considerably by region as you pointed out. If you live in a big city there are obviously more opportunities for people to buy and sell. I had a college student nearly give me a 85SE with a V6. It was too nice for me to part out and I didn't need another driver so I declined.

Congratulations again on your deal.

Ps - if the decklid has the vent that was removed during the recall I would be interested in buying it...PM me if interested.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 08-29-2004).]

Puck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckClick Here to visit Puck's HomePageSend a Private Message to PuckDirect Link to This Post
well i retract my input on not being worth 600 bucks but that is before you told any of us it had a rebuilt engine or maybe i just read over that....

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

I had a college student nearly give me a 85SE with a V6. It was too nice for me to part out and I didn't need another driver so I declined.

Is he still wanting to almost give it away...??

------------------
*Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!*
*First Chopped-WidebodyGT!!*

*~*going 4.9L*~*
Pic's Coming Soon!

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2004 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

Is he still wanting to almost give it away...??

No this was a co-op that was leaving town and didn't want to take the Fiero with him. He decided to park it by the school with a for sale sign until someone bought it. I think he sold it for $500. Which to me for a nice 85SE with a strong V6 is giving it away.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock