Started on: 08-27-2005 03:39 PM
Replies: 27
Last post by: Tom Slick on 09-03-2005 10:03 PM
HI-TECH

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2005 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
i'm trying to come up with a an idea's for my car and wondering if lowerd fiero's look good, if anywones got any pics please share
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2005 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post
There are several. Use the for...I mean, search...

------------------
86 Fiero GT
-Stage eleventy billion...

04 Mustang Cobra
-K&N FIPK (first mod, woo-hoo!)

Racer_JT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2005 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racer_JTSend a Private Message to Racer_JTDirect Link to This Post

Here it is before being lowered

I hope this helps
Jesse

------------------

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2005 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JKFIERO (edited 08-27-2005).]

He Named Thor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2005 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for He Named ThorClick Here to visit He Named Thor's HomePageSend a Private Message to He Named ThorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JKFIERO:

Hey... I like that. Who's is that?

JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2005 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post
That would be my son's 85GT.
Although you can't see it, there are two over the roof scoops.
Alot more pics are on www.jkfiero.com under the " My Sons 85 GT" heading

[This message has been edited by JKFIERO (edited 08-27-2005).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2005 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Inch and a half drop front and rear. Front rubber 215x50x16, rear 245x50x16.

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2005 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2005 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

I'll get some new shots monday. I redid my coilovers in the rear this week so it's lower now.

------------------

Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2005 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
A lowered Fiero is a sexy thing...

------------------

'86 2.8L Bottle-Fed
'86 2.5L turbo put to sleep
Chris_Oslo_Nelson@hotmail.com

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2005 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Mine's been modestly lowered... looks much better than stock:

------------------

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 08-28-2005).]

PFF
System Bot
dezie36

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2005 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dezie36Send a Private Message to dezie36Direct Link to This Post
cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post
My old Q4 when it was slammed (around '99 or 2000). In the first photo, I was running Hoosier slicks, 15x10 on the rear and 13x10 on the front. The second gives an idea what it looked like from the front.

Word of caution, you need to do suspension work to lower a Fiero if you would like to maintain handling. If not, it won't handle as well as it did at stock height (proven on MANY tracks and autocross courses around the U.S - A lot about this in the archives on the FieroRacingList).

You throw the suspension dynamics off when you try to lower with springs alone. Using lowered spindles on the front (with stock height springs) and a coil-over setup on the rear is the only way to go!

G

[This message has been edited by cadero2dmax (edited 08-30-2005).]

goatnipples2002

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for goatnipples2002Click Here to visit goatnipples2002's HomePageSend a Private Message to goatnipples2002Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by goatnipples2002 (edited 08-30-2005).]

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

BTW the front is lowered and the rear is stock. I like the "rake" look
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
Lowered with yellow EIBACH springs and adjustable KONI shocks.

------------------

www.yellowfiero.com/fiero.html
17" DEZENT T wheels with 215/40 tires front and 235/45 rear, KONI shocks, EIBACH lowering springs, drilled/slotted rotors, SS brake hoses. PU dog bone, all bushings and engine mounts, K&N air and oil filters, OZELOT exhaust, Mercedes SLK yellow paintjob, Mr. Mikes leather seats, door skins, shift and e-brake boots. MP3 deck and custom subwoofer behind passenger seat, F355 style front. Fiero Store rear swaybar, strut tower brace, black carpet, air intake. Rodney Dickman's competition short shifter, SS vacuum lines and deck lid strut. Billet aluminum dash kit from Kitcarman.

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 08-30-2005).]

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Before

After

My car was lowered with ACE/Eibach all around, and an extra inch in the front with Rodney's lowering ball joints and the shocks and struts are Koni adjustables

------------------
Go here to see more of my Formula: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/430754

[This message has been edited by Fierokid87 (edited 08-30-2005).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

i'm trying to come up with a an idea's for my car and wondering if lowerd fiero's look good, if anywones got any pics please share

Lowered by using coil-overs on all fours. My kidneys are still functioning, hehe.

cadero2dmax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cadero2dmaxSend a Private Message to cadero2dmaxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by goatnipples2002:

If just using lowering springs to drop screws up the suspension dcyhnamjicds what else shnould be done when you use springs to lower the dcar?;

Would 17s in the rear and 15 in thne front look bad or 16F/18R?

When you use springs to lower - the transitory behavior (how a car makes the transition from going straight to going around a turn) is affected. The front control arms suddenly take a very different angle, the piston in the shock is closer to the bottom of the shock, and you limit suspension travel. (I once ruined a set of Koni's by lowering - they bottomed out once too often!).

Just picture all the dynamics that happen in the suspension when a car turns. For one example, the wheels "lean" at different rates, etc. Also, there are the bump steer effects, the changing camber, etc. When you alter those dynamics by lowering with just springs, just getting an alignment can't fix that!

Using lowering spindles instead of springs will keep both the upper and lower control arms horizontal. Plus it allows you to use stock height springs (the shock piston is still centered), and all the suspension dynamics remain as designed.

These are just just a couple reasons why it makes a difference to use shorter springs to lower your Fiero instead of with spindles (there are several more reasons, the suspension is a pretty sensitive critter - -).

BUT, I don't want you to think that a Fiero becomes an unruly animal to drive when it is lowered with springs alone - - it doesn't. Lowering has some advantages, too (besides making it look a lot better). But I did want to point out that if you spend a few more $ to do it right, you will simply have a better handling and riding machine as a result.

G

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine:

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

ZZ4 Powered !!

PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2005 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
heres a thread from the other day with recent pics and info of my daily driver
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/054194.html

------------------

AIM: ONE FAST 2M8

Greg Z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2005 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Greg ZSend a Private Message to Greg ZDirect Link to This Post
i just lowered my 85gt today. i cut the factory springs. 2 coils in back, 2.5 in front. frront looks great but the wheels both turning outwards at the same time. i hope the alignment shop will be able to fix! back is not low enough. i will cut 1 more coil off them tomorrow. post pictures later.

------------------
Indy, 85 gt, Formula, 00 Navigator(9 tv's,22's,ghostflames,etc...)69 Camaro 400hp350 4sp, & others that come and go too fast!!!

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2005 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Greg Z:

i just lowered my 85gt today. i cut the factory springs. 2 coils in back, 2.5 in front. frront looks great but the wheels both turning outwards at the same time. i hope the alignment shop will be able to fix! back is not low enough. i will cut 1 more coil off them tomorrow. post pictures later.

Just a bit of advice, dont cut any more till you have driven on the cut springs for a few weeks at least. You may find your self lower than you hoped for. The springs will get a bit lower after the added stress of cut springs takes its toll.
I only cut two coils off my front and it took about 2,000 miles before it stopped setteling.

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post
Here's mine lastest project.
it's been lowered with Eibach springs, Rodney's LBJ, and have Koni's.

thanks,
t...

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2005 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

Here's mine lastest project.
it's been lowered with Eibach springs, Rodney's LBJ, and have Koni's.

thanks,
t...

Tom NICE car I love black

boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2005 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattDirect Link to This Post

My 86 SE, its lowered in the front so much the air dam is touching when parked on a flat surface.

------------------

www.FierosandMore.com This is a link to my personal web site, has pictures of all my projects and parts for sale.

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2005 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:
Tom NICE car I love black

Thanks Mike. it needs a new paint job badly.
this was evening shot so it looks good. a front shot
would show how bad it really is.

want to paint it for me? j/k...

you going to paint that new chop-top black.
that would be sweet...

t...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock