Wheels on and lookin clean... by boostedbird
Started on: 02-28-2006 09:38 PM
Replies: 22
Last post by: Jermz238 on 03-01-2006 08:55 PM
boostedbird

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post
Well i received the other 2 wheels of mine today so i put em on and cleaned up the fiero and snapped some pics....18x8 HP racing evo

I'll let the pics do the talkin'

------------------
86 SE 3.4 DOHC 4 speed....driven daily

[This message has been edited by boostedbird (edited 02-28-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post

mmmmmm lip

------------------

[This message has been edited by boostedbird (edited 02-28-2006).]

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. Did it change the ride height much? What size tires?
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
What about the ride quality? and are those 45 series tires? They look damn good!
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post
it bumped it up slightly, but i had huge tires on the 15's i had on there. Tires are 225/40/18 nankangs

------------------

boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post

boostedbird

806 posts
Member since Sep 2004

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

What about the ride quality? and are those 45 series tires? They look damn good!

ride combined with the intrax springs is a little rough but very firm, smooth on the highway however

------------------

kooljess

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Pretty kool.........

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post
thanks man, not near as nice as yours, but they will do just fine.

------------------

boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post

boostedbird

806 posts
Member since Sep 2004
anyone up for making a sig to? hehe, i need one bad

------------------

88fierocoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88fierocoupeSend a Private Message to 88fierocoupeDirect Link to This Post
Looking great!
I almost went for a black wheel but opted for a machined face instead to give it alittle shine.
Thanks for checking mine out.
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
i might see what i can do later this week, you'll probly have tons of them by then though haha. Awesome looking car man. Now all you need to do is paint your calipers to match your red paint, it would look wicked sick

------------------

PFF
System Bot
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JamesCurtis:

i might see what i can do later this week, you'll probly have tons of them by then though haha. Awesome looking car man. Now all you need to do is paint your calipers to match your red paint, it would look wicked sick

first thing i said to myself after getting to see the car settled on the wheels was...." wow my brakes are hanus"

------------------

3atsH0ndas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3atsH0ndasClick Here to visit 3atsH0ndas's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3atsH0ndasDirect Link to This Post
Those rims look sweet on your car.

3atsH0ndas

boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the comments guys..........keep em comin

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice... I like the way the black wheels tie in with the black trim & accents!
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I like your colour choices

------------------

AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
I like the wheels, but Nankangs? Nankings suck man, no offense. They have very poor performance when compared to the other tires in its class, and the tread life is horrible! You will be lucky to get a full summer out of those! Get what you pay for...

Car does look good though, now you just need a OE spoiler.

fiero77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero77Send a Private Message to fiero77Direct Link to This Post
Nankangs are cheap, but the price you pay for that wheel/tire combo is very reasonable. I ran the same wheel/tire combo with 235/45/18 most of last year on my VR6 Jetta with zero problems and minimal tread wear. No complaints here!
boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

I like the wheels, but Nankangs? Nankings suck man, no offense. They have very poor performance when compared to the other tires in its class, and the tread life is horrible! You will be lucky to get a full summer out of those! Get what you pay for...

Car does look good though, now you just need a OE spoiler.

the tires are handling great for me, lots more grip than the z rated falkens i had on my old konigs.

------------------

AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:

the tires are handling great for me, lots more grip than the z rated falkens i had on my old konigs.

Really? Interesting. What size were the Falkens?

boostedbird

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for boostedbirdSend a Private Message to boostedbirdDirect Link to This Post
215/40/18's.....coulda been old falkens or something. Im not to worried about these tires, i do alot of easy driving. I try not to beat the car haha. I will make them last.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Let me know how well they wear, Im curious. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Nankangs. Thanks.
Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by boostedbird:

Z-rated tires tend to not ride quite as nice as W- or V- rated, in my experience. AA traction tires are the worst IMO, i had some Yokohama AVS ES100s on my CRX and man they rode nasty, they'd skip instead of spinning or sliding, and didnt give any indication when traction was failing (i.e. squealing) i have Dunlop FM901s now, good stuff

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock