Started on: 04-09-2006 09:41 PM
Replies: 37
Last post by: x-thumpr-x on 06-14-2006 09:11 AM
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Fellow Canadian Fiero Drivers,
and U.S neighbors that would like to join us

The last time we had our Kingston Cruise was September 2004
And to give you something to think about…This was the view

Picture by LaVerne

So, with out further ado, lets start taking optional dates for a
London, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal get together and cruise. (gotta find a shorter name for this)
If it's going to happen, I'm asking someone to step up for the organizing
As I'm a total newbie at this stuff and I don't think LaVerne is going to be available.

With your permission, this info should be posted on all our forums:
Ottawa Fiero Forum
(Updates by dguy)
GTA Fiero Forum
(Updates by x-thumpr-x)
S.O.F.A members
(BPJ, all your guys are here right?)
Club Fiero Montreal
(Updates by Mister)

We'll use PFF as the source for updates.
These general links above will be replaced with the actual Kingston Threads once online.

I know its only April, but let's get the ball rolling early so we can make it happen this year

Thanks,

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 04-16-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
Looks like fun! But I don't think I'll have a fiero by then I might go watch if you stop by in Montreal!
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Make me want to get mine ready lol bon voyage mon amie
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
If I do however get lucky and end up falling on a good deal for a Fiero, I'll be there for sure.. so far I've only found crap or overpriced crap... no reasonable crap lol
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear FieroMontreal good luck finding one ..Rob
under8ted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post04-09-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post
If its in the next month-6 weeks or so, mine probably wont be on the road yet--anything after that count on a white 86 fastback joining around london
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
I have some photo galleries to add to the SOFA site later this week and will add this too. Most likely next weekend when I get back from Winnipeg. I am meeting up with some of the Winnipeg Fiero Club while I am out there for work. Don't know if I will actually make the cruise or not. I've got something funky going on with my front suspension. Lower control arms I think...
BAH!!!! Rattle??? What rattle?

------------------
Jay Brintnell
White 85 Notchback(A.K.A. GodFearN)

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 04-09-2006).]

PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a great idea. I will see what we can put together on this end for a cruise over your way.

Pete

------------------

DPWood

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DPWoodClick Here to visit DPWood's HomePageSend a Private Message to DPWoodDirect Link to This Post
Mmmmm cruisin' time is here.

------------------
His Fiero: 1984 2M4 Coupe

Her Fiero: 1984 2M4 Convertible

under8ted

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2006 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for under8tedSend a Private Message to under8tedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Eclipse:

I have some photo galleries to add to the SOFA site later this week and will add this too. Most likely next weekend when I get back from Winnipeg. I am meeting up with some of the Winnipeg Fiero Club while I am out there for work. Don't know if I will actually make the cruise or not. I've got something funky going on with my front suspension. Lower control arms I think...
BAH!!!! Rattle??? What rattle?

LMAO--sounds like my sunbird. What "thunk" when I turn the wheel? If the radios real loud I dont hear it, which means I dont need a new tie-rod end.

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PBJ:
Looks like a great idea. I will see what we can put together on this end for a cruise over your way.
Pete

Hi Pete,

I knew I can count on your participation. Now I'm waiting for Adam and Dan to chime in LOL
I found this info in the archives:

Originally posted by PBJ: posted 08-10-2005 09:32 PM
Geez, sounds like most of us London area folks know Prince Edward County pretty good. I was born and raised around there. We use to camp every summer at Pleasant Bay camp when a was growing up in the 80's.Pete

If we will meet in Kingston you Londoners have the longest distance to travel (about 4 hours, 52 minutes) but your participation will be GREAT! And I hope you will help the locals come up with a nice driving cruise.

I wish we could have made this GTG into The Biggest Canadian Show, but that’s for the Kingston guys to
plan and organize, it's a little hard to do in long distance. And you Pete already have your hands full
Until then the this title is saved for the "Great Lakes Fiero Show"

Any takers from Kingston? Maybe a local GM dealership or Garage?

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 04-10-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post
Hopefully I'll have a reliable running Fiero by then to make the 3+ hour trek.
Maybe you could have the Tragically Hip perform?

Ryan

------------------

1986 Fiero2m8 (LT1 NX / 4T60 Roadster in progress)
My build thread - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/071642.html

Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like "the great Ontario cruise" to me. For the SOFA folks, it is a major cruise with good hotel and eats needed. One thing is the cars. Some guys who can come out for an afternoon may not have confidence in the relability department to do a whole weekend in strange territory.

Sounds kind of like a support vehicle needed for the sake of some guys. It seems I recall Pete bailing out a few guys in the past.

If the SW Ontario guys drove up to, say Trenton, and then everybody used that as a springboard for the main cruise, it might work pretty good. As I recall there are some pretty interesting roads for sports cars in places north of Kingston.

Arn

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
I'm all in for another Kingston run. I'll start asking around the GTA what people think. Dan will defiantely be up for it as long as someone brings a spare axel for him We should get some kind of calender going on events in Ontario. Pete & Becky will need a few days reserved for their cruises. We also need info on the Ottawa & Montreal cruises/shows. Don't forget O.F.A. in campbellford.

Adam

------------------

14.262 @ 97MPH

Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I used to own a summer trailer at the lake Consecon Family resort, just south of Belleville. Too bad, we could have camped there.

I just landed in Winnipeg a few hours ago. Shall I talk these guys into driving to Kingston? :}

------------------
Jay Brintnell

dezzys88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dezzys88GTSend a Private Message to dezzys88GTDirect Link to This Post
wow that sounds like a hell of a trip........hopefully if all goes well with our cars, maybe i can convince andy and the two will try to make a guest appearance lol....if not theres always the london trips (theyll be a lil easier on the cars, lol)

desi

------------------

KLRBLU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KLRBLUSend a Private Message to KLRBLUDirect Link to This Post
count michigan in
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Well, it's good to C the general response is positive
I'll post the subject on the Montreal forum and see how many bites we get.
As much as I know they never attended Kingston

We should definitely start with a calendar of events lined up, and work from there.

Inspired by Arns85GT idea, I thought of a new name for this cruise:

Greater Ontario Fiero Cruise
with the initials G.O - F.C...Ahhhhhh...Never mind... LMAOROTF

------------------

linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KLRBLU:

count michigan in

Since I'm not familar with Leslie, MI. My standard offer of leading the Michigan contigent across the Blue Water Bridge (Port Huron)
3.8T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 3.8TClick Here to visit 3.8T's HomePageSend a Private Message to 3.8TDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/031320.html

someone buy my car for the cruise

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

The last time we had our Kingston Cruise was September 2004
And to give you something to think about…This was the view

Hey, I see my car there. It's the red one with the faded roof.

So, with out further ado, lets start taking optional dates for a
London, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal get together and cruise. (gotta find a shorter name for this)

In the past, the Ottawa & GTA groups have hooked up in the fall with success. Won't know how anyone else in the Ottawa group feels about it until they start chiming in however.

With your permission, this info should be posted on all our forums:
Ottawa Fiero Forum
(Updates by FIEROFLYER a.k.a 2ML67)

Done, though updated by me instead of Dan this time. Link to the thread in our events section is here. If you get an error loading the link, it is probably because our events section is invisible to guests.

PFF
System Bot
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dguy:
Done, though updated by me instead of Dan this time.

Thanks dguy, Top post updated with your name and the new link
(It does require to log-in) If you feel a post in the General Chat will help your non members
Please post it

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 04-11-2006).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3.8T:

I'll give you my car and 1000$

------------------

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Hey why is every one always picking on me. There is also a get together of the Ottawa Fiero club at my place May 6th all other Fiero people are welcome to attend if they like. Its south of Belleville Ont. just north of Wellington in Prince Edward county. Also a GTG first Saturday of September at my place maybe that would be a good time for a large get together of all the Fiero people. Oh yeah Adam that was the last time I chewed up an axle shaft been trouble free ever since. Dan

------------------

Signature compliments of F-I-E-R-O
2003 3800SC series II powered
www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:
Also a GTG first Saturday of September at my place maybe that would be a good time for a large get together of all the Fiero people. Dan

Hi Dan, and thanks for chiming in from Montreal to Bellville is only 45-60 minuets extra, and it would save the Londoners the same amount of time.

I've never been to your place, but if you can come up with a nice place for everybody to park and showoff their Fieros I'm all 4 it.
I was thinking of a show style gtg WITHOUT trophies and judging. It would be nice to have a place like the picture above to have the meeting at.

That's only my opinion and everything is open 4 discussion EH!

Thanks.

4BanGinFun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4BanGinFunClick Here to visit 4BanGinFun's HomePageSend a Private Message to 4BanGinFunDirect Link to This Post
With a little bit of luck ill have enough faith in my newest built fiero to make the haul...
Eclipse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2006 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EclipseSend a Private Message to EclipseDirect Link to This Post
We should take over the Mountainview air base at Bellevillle for the weekend, just like the RC jet guys do every year for the Bay of Quinte RC Jet Rally. I've been to the rally and it's a nice site :} Hell, I'd have to bring out one of my jets too.

Think of what we could do with an empty airforce runway, and a whole whack of Fieros <evil little grin>. Lots of tent room, and so on.

Might not be possible, but it's a fun thought.

------------------
Jay Brintnell

[This message has been edited by Eclipse (edited 04-12-2006).]

FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2006 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 3.8T:

Heh, I've seen you before :P

Good luck with your sale, its a kick ass car

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,
Had a great turnout yesterday at the Montreal monthly GTG

I brought up the idea of driving 3 1/2 hours to Kingston for a GRAND GTG
And the response was very positive.

One date in September is blocked for the Montreal group and that is Sunday, September 10th for a local show:Les belles d'automne
More Montreal activity dates are On our website

[This message has been edited by Mister (edited 04-15-2006).]

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Will check into using the Mountainview air base but doubt they will allow it since Trenton base has taken it over and hauled all the old fighters out of the hangers and put them on display out side. Supposed to make people feel more secure after 911 seeing all those fighters. But will ask if not Wellington just ten km south of me has a large beach area not too good for swimming but lots of sand to park on. I know my drive way can hold around 10 Fiero's and the rest can park on the front lawn. Dan

------------------

Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2006 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:
Will check into using the Mountainview air base but doubt they will allow it since Trenton base has taken it over and hauled all the old fighters out of the hangers and put them on display out side. Supposed to make people feel more secure after 911 seeing all those fighters. But will ask if not Wellington just ten km south of me has a large beach area not too good for swimming but lots of sand to park on. I know my drive way can hold around 10 Fiero's and the rest can park on the front lawn. Dan

Sounds Good, thanks.
An airforce base would be interesting EH?
If we go for Wellington, we could all meet in Belleville and cruise together to the beach...

PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2006 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Checked yesterday about the use of Mountainview air base answer was no as they are putting in a new landing strip and the air cadets get all the weekends for their glider school. Too bad that would have made for one fun day. Dan

------------------

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
~bump~

Mister, any word on another date for this event?

------------------

14.262 @ 97MPH

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2006 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
July the 8th has been set aside for a get together at my place south of Belleville with the Ottawa guys along with any one else that wants to show. Plan is to meet for a barbecue at my house early in the afternoon then head out to Shannonville for drag racing in the evening. All Fiero people are welcome to attend. Dan

------------------

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
bump again..

Hey Mister.. any date set yet?
YellowArtero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for YellowArteroSend a Private Message to YellowArteroDirect Link to This Post
If it's in August I can come but September is out!!!
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2006 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,
Dan unfortunately on July the 9th the Montreal club has already a Carting activity booked. So I guess we'll miss that one as well

Sorry guys for being away from this thread for a while…
So far I haven't had the opportunity to agree on a good date for this get together
And I'm in no standing to organize this myself.
If anyone is interested in picking up the torch that would be great, if not we'll get together next year.

And in 2008 we'll all be driving together to the 25th

------------------

x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

And in 2008 we'll all be driving together to the 25th

You folks way out east gotta get up really early then You know Bob like to leave from his spot around 9AM

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock