custom fiero on ebay by engine man
Started on: 10-11-2006 07:20 PM
Replies: 62
Last post by: Blacktree on 10-26-2006 02:56 PM
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
What a beautiful rear wing! <GAG>

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003/2004 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 10-11-2006).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
i kind of like it ... lose that high rise wing on the back though...
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
looks like the guy put lots of work in it not sure about the but it would be neat to take a look at the car in real life
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2006 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Gotta lower the wing first off ! And i like raised wings hehehe.

The car itself has some really, really nice individual elements, but IMO it is a little too blockish ?

Add a little contour here and there and it would be ok.

The guy obviously is very talented, and you got to give him props for that.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
actually, with a nice paint job and all the lighting inplace, it should look like da bomb

and it's already got a V8 - hello!
and a "big brake" kit

those 2 things alone are worth more than the $2025 current bid,
too bad I'm not in the market for such things right now
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
I think it would be great for some one to finish but i have enough on my plate right now
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
Pretty neat.

I wonder what the quality of the body work is. I would hope that it's not all bondo.

Are the louvers & vents straight & is the body work symmetrical from side to side?

Archie
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
i hope it is good he said i took 10 years but you never know
el_roy1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for el_roy1985Send a Private Message to el_roy1985Direct Link to This Post
I think it look alright. Definately needs to be rounded a bit like someone else mentioned already. Oh and of course that wing needs to be put into a fire instead of on a car.
fierce_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierce_gtSend a Private Message to fierce_gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by el_roy1985:

I think it look alright. Definately needs to be rounded a bit like someone else mentioned already. Oh and of course that wing needs to be put into a fire instead of on a car.

it's on the back of a fiero, isn't that close enough?
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2006 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Looks like an 80s kit for a 914 Porsche. I wouldn't be suprised if that is not what the body panels were originally and they just got stuck on a Fiero.

------------------

4th Annual California Coast Run
October 27-29, 2006
San Simeon, California

engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
that looks about like it but it looks like he did a few mods to it on the front end to get a different look
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post

engine man

5300 posts
Member since Mar 2006
I might get some of those 914 body parts and put them on my fiero to widen it out i seen one that was a bit more rounded and i think i can mod them on to look good man i start in one derction then go in another my car will never get done lol
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I looked at it a couple of times and my verdict is in....ugly......

It isn't finished, painted, or got any bugs worked out and the body style is ugly to boot. Just my opinion.

Arn
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
I dont think it is ugly just needs a GT front end but paint would make it look alot better to
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2006 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
I kinda like it The widebody stuff is ok, but I think it would look better if it had retained the wedgy shape of the Fiero. Which means... a sharper bumper, and the back end ought to be bigger to compensate for the larger front end...
oh, and chuck that wing into an incenerator...
Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Pretty neat.

I wonder what the quality of the body work is. I would hope that it's not all bondo.

Are the louvers & vents straight & is the body work symmetrical from side to side?

Archie

Considering that the wing is attached with two pair of Vise-Grips, I wouldn't hold out much hope...
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
well i contacted the guy to find out about the car he said he used styrafome to make the bodys shape then fiberglassed it then bondo to smoth it out he got a bit upset because i asked if he used the 914 wide body part but it looks alot like that
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Whether he used the parts or copied them, this kit is where the design came from I would bet. From the vents on the front fenders to the wide body being almost identical. And that rear end is almost identical to a 914. No reason for him to get upset about it. It still takes skill to make parts for one car fit another car.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2006 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
hmmmm, I'm thining more modern porsche:

I'm not entirely done the photoshop yet... but sort of an in progress. It could look really cool.

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
That definitely looks a lot better!
engine man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
that looks great now if I could only get my fiero to look like that
slickrick2000

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slickrick2000Send a Private Message to slickrick2000Direct Link to This Post
I just wish Ebay would let people be able to start ne paragraphs with the ENTER key. Or explain to them what <P> does. I hate reading one big huge paragraph like like that.

I think the car looks pretty good. I would probably round the front off a little bit more, and do a couple other minor things. I like it.
Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
it may need some tweeking but it doesnt look that bad...
The nose looks a bit like the PPG pace car..
Here are some photoshop tryouts using Alfa Brera lights....oh heck I'll post all variations lol

UDLOSE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2006 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UDLOSESend a Private Message to UDLOSEDirect Link to This Post
its a kit car?

throw it in the dumpster
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I like it. Needs a choptop, a little modification to the rear end, and someone really needs to fix that attenna on the rear.

Q: how did you make the body are there wide body parts for a porsche 914 it looks kinda like that but like you did some mods to them
Oct-13-06
A: No 914 going here! All panels were hade made by carving urethane foam and then fiberglassing over it. Body filler was then used to smooth any areas that...more

I think I am on to something.. haha

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 10-15-2006).]

One-of-a-kind

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for One-of-a-kindClick Here to visit One-of-a-kind's HomePageSend a Private Message to One-of-a-kindDirect Link to This Post
------------------

[This message has been edited by One-of-a-kind (edited 10-31-2006).]

FieroGTRwideboby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTRwidebobyClick Here to visit FieroGTRwideboby's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTRwidebobyDirect Link to This Post
I give you tons of praise for what you have done. I know how much work it takes to go from scratch to a custom body. Now being in Art Center, (Trans Design) I learned one thing; You can never design a car to satisfy everybody, there will always be something someone will not like. Good job, Why not finish it?

Heres that car my father and I built:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/058350.html
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Hey I like the car ! I would just change a couple things. Tons of work! Tons of props from a fellow kit car builder ! Mine is still in the "completion stage" as well so I know what it takes.

Too bad you have to sell !

Ps. I don't think they don't like the wing exactly, It just doesn't look finished, the stands don't look right, and it needs wing tips. But ohh well! Good luck with the sale!

------------------

CraigM

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CraigMSend a Private Message to CraigMDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone, the e-bay car discussed in this thread belongs to my brother. It's been a side project of his for a long time. Originally he just wanted to do the whole V-8 thing but then got the urge to do something different with the body. He's owned and modified numerous performance cars and bikes over the years (his current primary ride is a red '04 C5 vette with some Z06 body mods and he just sold his Suzuki Hyabusa). He's an artist by profession and like many artist is somewhat a perfectionist and very detailed. Many hours have been spent on just little pieces of this project. This was not a modified 914 kit stuck on a Fiero. He drew the design then used the styrofoam/glass method to build the panels and smoothed over with with high-end filler. I can say to my eye in person the car is very symetrical from side to side with alot of neat little touches. He's quite the perfectionist with his toys...i.e. the vise grips holding the wing are temporary holders...vice grips and c-clamps are often used in fiberglass/body work). The car is about to get its first coat of primer so he can finalize high and low spots. If the car doesn't sell maybe he will upload some pics with a solid base coat, it's often hard to see all the lines when it is in pre-prep like it is now. As for the wing, some like it high some don't...I drive a Stage-2 SRT-4 so I like em' high! In any case we live in the panhandle area of Florida and if you are nearby feel free to came take a look at it.
PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
I would love to come to florda. But its a little bit of a trip

Heres my contribution to the car . Good work, I hope things turn out and you can keep it!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by One-of-a-kind:

Hey, I'm the "914, kit-cutting copying, ripoff artist" everyone loves so much.

Did you really go to all that trouble making those pictures and everything just to try to prove something to us? The 'Cry me a river' thing on the last picture is a little overboard, don't you think? I mentioned the 914 first because, whether you like it or not, your car looks exactly like the old 914 kit. That is all I said. I wondered it that is how the car was built. You said it's not.. Good enough. I then said that there was no reason for you to be mad just because someone asked you that because the car looks good. But I can tell you that a bucket full or attitude won't make you any friends. Of course people are going to ask because it looks like the 914. Just say no and tell the story of how you built it without a bunch of attitude and people will like it... And you.

The work is good. There are things that some of us would change but that is the way of the world. It's your car, build it how you want. But a lot of good ideas have come from people on this forum sharing their ideas for someone's custom work. Sometimes the owner even changes his vehicle because he likes the other ideas better. Anyway, welcome to the forum. Chill out and have fun.

------------------

4th Annual California Coast Run
October 27-29, 2006
San Simeon, California

One-of-a-kind

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for One-of-a-kindClick Here to visit One-of-a-kind's HomePageSend a Private Message to One-of-a-kindDirect Link to This Post
______

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
Someone e-mail the winner and persuade him/her to join the forum. I would like to see it finished.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
A little paranoid, are we? I didn't say you posted the 914 picture. I did. And I didn't say you Photoshopped the picture. I said taking the time to add the smart-alec comment was a little overboard. But now I see it is a trend you apparently can't help. It is obvious that you aren't even reading the posts here as they are written. You are reading what you want to into them and attacking where no attacks are needed. As a matter of fact, I complimented you on your work, as many others have, and welcomed you to the forum... You need to take a pill or something and chill out.
One-of-a-kind

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2006 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for One-of-a-kindClick Here to visit One-of-a-kind's HomePageSend a Private Message to One-of-a-kindDirect Link to This Post
---------

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Lets not get so hostile guys, everyone relax.

Its cool he's on the forum now.

I might finish my photoshop tomorrow and add some color... anybody have any suggestions on what color would look good on it?

------------------

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 05:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post
I am what you consider a pureist... but I like the work that you did. There is a lot of detial in the work that you would have to look at the car three or four times to realy get an appreciation for it. I like the back end, but the front looks a little "different" to me. lol Just out of couriosity, what color are you going to paint it?
One-of-a-kind

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for One-of-a-kindClick Here to visit One-of-a-kind's HomePageSend a Private Message to One-of-a-kindDirect Link to This Post
------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock