Started on: 11-26-2006 01:41 AM
Replies: 104
Last post by: 2M4 Dale on 01-14-2007 07:34 PM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
This kinda borderlined on OT but seeing as it is about driving Fiero's in winter its kinda on topic.

This is the advisory posted this morning.

10cm near the water, 20-30cm overnight away from the water.

Windchill down ot minus 20 or minus 30 over the next few days.

Environment Canada's Official Weather Warnings
Warnings
Greater Vancouver
9:47 PM PST Saturday 25 November 2006
Snowfall warning for
Greater Vancouver continued

Up to 10 cm of snow expected for most areas with 20 to 30 cm possible inland and over the higher terrain areas of the south coast and Vancouver Island.
A strengthening Arctic ridge over the British Columbia interior is pushing cold Arctic air up against the east slopes of the coastal mountains. Strong outflow winds have developed through the valleys and inlets as the Arctic air rushes to wards the coast. As the high continues to strengthen winds will increase and temperatures will gradually lowel resulting in wind chills in the minus 20 to minus 30 range. These conditions are expected to persist for several days.

The Arctic air is moving into the eastern Fraser Valley and will deepen over the Lower Mainland through Sunday. Meanwhile an intensifying low over the pacific will approach Washington state Sunday morning. Snowfall is becoming more extensive across the warning regions this evening and will result in 5 to 10 cm of snow by morning. Ahead of the low especially over parts of southern Vancouver Island slightly warmer air near the surface will result in a mixture of rain and snow until the low passes. An additional 5 to 10 cm of snow is likely over most areas through Sunday as the Arctic air slowly deepens as the low moves across Washington. The highest amounts of snow will be in the Fraser Valley and over the higher terrain areas of Vancouver Island and the south coast where amounts of 20 to 30 cm are likely from the storm.

I took off the 245/50/16's today and mounted my 195/70/14 winter fire snow tires. I took the fiero out for a few good cruises and am amazed how good the traction really is with these tires on the car. I was passing 4wd trucks that were sliding all over the road. I am fine now that the snow is not deep. I am a bit worried at what is going to happen when the snow gets to about a foot as my car is dropped 2" all the way around. I am already brushing snow under the car that is clumped up between lanes.

I am sure it will make for an interesting next few weeks.

So what is the weather like where you are.

Are you one of the lucky ones that is still able to work on the car in a T-Shirt and drive around with the sunroof out. Or are you facing the dreary truth that winter is here and you are under 6ft of snow. The only time the fiero moves is behind a tow truck or in a closed garage to stay warm for the winter.

------------------
85GT 5spd ,93 Eldorado 4.9 Dual O2 Custom Chip, Archie Clutch. Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything 245/50/16's Not Your Average 4.9 Capt Fiero Com --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Stock.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
srat110

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for srat110Send a Private Message to srat110Direct Link to This Post
Like 70 F today. Was in the 80's last week, but a cold fronts coming. Gonna be high 60's to 70 for Monday to Wednesday.

Might have to get out my long Pants.
x-thumpr-x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for x-thumpr-xSend a Private Message to x-thumpr-xDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm think it was 10 degrees celcious today and gonna get warmer for next week with rain in the forcast. Next saturady it's calling for 0 degrees and snow It's been pretty good so far but I made the decision last night to finally put the car away for the winter. Need to start dismantling for some more 20 year old maintanence repairs and upgrades. Almost have all components for 11 1/4 inch upgrade, just need front calipers and larger wheels . Think all control arms have stock bushings, so that's gotta go too.

------------------

DtheC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DtheCSend a Private Message to DtheCDirect Link to This Post
Nothing that bad around here yet. I did see a car with studded snow tires on Friday. You can hear the studs hitting the road surface, kind of a zzzzzzz sound. Studs are only legal during winter months down here, and they are not as popular as they were 20 years ago. Studs can be hard on the roads, kids around here like to drop the clutch and spin their wheels. Leaves a scraped up line on aspault, kind of like an inverse skid mark.

------------------
Ol' Paint, 88 Base coupe auto.
Turning white on top, like owner.
Leaks a little, like owner.
Doesn't smoke, unlike owner

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Went to the beach on Thanksgiving, (American Holiday) and on the way back I actually had to put the T-tops back on because it dropped below 70F.

WEEKEND: Areas of dense fog will likely form again overnight, so use caution if you're hitting the roadways early Sunday AM. For tomorrow afternoon we'll have partly cloudy skies, a little more humidity, and a high around 77. A slight chance for a shower late Sunday, but the better rain chances hold off until the work week.
Have a safe holiday weekend!

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 11-26-2006).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
They tell us that we might be in serious trouble this year.
Winter may actually fall on a weekend.

All kidding aside, it's only been below freezing a few days so far.
At 4:00 AM, it's 35*F, here. Was 68F, today.

------------------
Raydar
88 4.9 Formula IMSA Fasback..........................88 3.4 coupe................................................

Read Nealz Nuze! Praise the Lowered!

TrotFox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 04:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrotFoxSend a Private Message to TrotFoxDirect Link to This Post
I think we've hit 40F so far... maaaaybe 37F. Tuesday is supposed to have a high of 80F, Thursday has a low of 26F.

I hate this state. It doesn't know how to do any season but summer. { : (

Red 5spd Formula (sun faded)
Trot, the tanned, fox...
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well I just drove FieroChick to work as she was a bit worried about driving in the snow. The snow was deep enough that the car was pushing snow all the way out to the main roads. Once I got onto some more traveled surfaces I was pretty good. It is still dark here, but when the sun comes up I will take the camera out and get some pics. I have Winter fire tires on all 4 corners of the car, so it gets decent traction. Just nothing you can do about driving a Fiero that is dropped 2" all the way around.
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
I wouldn't know how winter has been, it's still fall here.

When things go bad,
don't follow them. Joe
User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post11-26-2006 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
65 yesterday and today.. tomrrow and the next couple of days 60's...

It should be in the 30's...
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Ya, its been mid 60s here for quite a few days and a few more to come. Normally, weve had a few light snows, and temps in the 30s and low 40s. Computer said wed have a mild winter and Almanac said worse....guess the cmptrs winning so far.. I always drove the Ferrari in winter, even took longer trips during blizzards with no real problem other than had to use my driving lites when my headlite covers iced over completely. The only thing I ever noticed with it was you had to be a little more careful with the steering and deep snow could pack under the belly pan. I had no trouble with fresh snow up to the rockers. Packed snow with it piled up between tire tracks made it a little tricky changing lanes. Im sure it helped that I was brought up on driving rwd cars. FWD cars are the ones that give me the winter hastles.
PFF
System Bot
Bruno Mid Engine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bruno Mid EngineSend a Private Message to Bruno Mid EngineDirect Link to This Post
Snowin' Hard, not too cold but very welcome, we need the moisture, + it's that time of year to get the snowmobile out and head for the hills -
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
It's hot, I hate it. 80 degrees in november, almost december?
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleDirect Link to This Post
Very mild winter so far. Not like last year when we had so much rain. It's been very nice here the last 4 days. Sunny/clear skies, highs in the low to mid 60's. No rain at all...well, until later tonight they say.

Kit / 86 GT
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Nice and sunny here no snow as yet ..but be soon I bet that is why I was outside gather all the fiero parts before the snow
LT188GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTDirect Link to This Post
Winter? Is that the time it gets cold with some kind of white stuff falling from the sky?
Here in Miami we had our winter last week when the temp hit the low to middle 40's for a few hours. Right now it is 78.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
50's - 60's here, if my money situation was better the car would still be out!

next year will be better as a new job is in site

------------------
3800 SC/IC Formula people tell me the car whines more then I do....

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I wish it would drop below freezing here for at least a minute. The mosquitos were biting me like crazy at the beach.

5.0Vert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 5.0VertSend a Private Message to 5.0VertDirect Link to This Post
Its very warm, last night was in the 50's, right now its 70*. Thursday it'll be in the 40's, and supposedly Friday it'll be in the 20's*.

Texas winters are very unpredictable.
RickN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post
The entire holiday weekend has been beautiful here! From high 30s at night to mid 60s F by the afternoon.

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd
White 85GT Auto
White 99 F250SD 7.3PSD 6spd

[This message has been edited by RickN (edited 11-26-2006).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Newbfiero:

Nice and sunny here no snow as yet ..but be soon I bet that is why I was outside gather all the fiero parts before the snow

Ya i can feel it coming here too, im madly trying to finish up getting my Blue GT running before it gets cold again.

PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RickN:

The entire holiday weekend has been beautiful here! From high 30s at night to mid 60s F by the afternoon.

And execpt for rain mid next week, same sort of temps are expected

I just hope we dont pay for this come mid Feb

Plastic Man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Plastic ManSend a Private Message to Plastic ManDirect Link to This Post
Just think if you lived here you could spin your tires in third gear with a Duke. Snow is drifting made easy.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
Well here are some pics to make you Texans and Floridans cringe.

There has been a lot more snow hit the ground since these pics were taken. I took them about 4hrs ago.

befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
This was just over 1 month ago:

This was yesterday:

These pics dont show the depth too well, everything is the same shade of white, so there isnt much depth perception. The snow is up to my knees when I am standing in it.

It is colder today, currently it is -26ºC, or -15ºf before the windchill, windchill right now is -34ºC. Only supposed to get 10CM overnight, with a low for the next 3 days of around -30ºC, then a 20KM/h wind also to drift in everything. Right now, there is about 2 feet of snow on the ground, and the roads here in town are all packed snow and very slippery, and underneath all the snow, is freezing rain. I have to take a run at all the intersections that are uphill because my truck just spins out. I parked my Fiero, I was dragging bottom 1 month ago, the heat sucked with my 180T-stat, my parking brakes were frozen solid, and my select cable kept freezing up, and I have no block heater in it. I also want to poly the suspension.

The big problem right now is that we have had about 6" of snow since it got cold, and it hasnt warmed up enough for salt to work, so the roads are slippery untill it warms up.

------------------

84 Fiero Sport Coupe #1192 :: 86 Fiero Base Coupe Quad 4 HO :: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD Club Cab Long Box 5.2L Auto

[This message has been edited by befarrer (edited 11-26-2006).]

Blair

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlairSend a Private Message to BlairDirect Link to This Post
I had my Fiero out on the road today. But my son didn't wont to dig his out.
shawnkfl

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkflSend a Private Message to shawnkflDirect Link to This Post
yeah, i mowed my lawn last week. still wearing shorts and t-shirts. 81 today. nothing to be jealous of though.....taxes and property are He!! here!
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by befarrer:

Ummm,Those pics make me want to kill myself.....

We've been very lucky so far.A light frost is all we've had.Today was almost 60,and tomorrow looks better..

Red97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red97Send a Private Message to Red97Direct Link to This Post
+10 today, above 0 all this week.mowed the lawn last week. i cant wait till its snows.
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Hey, I don't know what's going on up there, but it doesn't exactly look like global warming! Winter doesn't even start until Dec 21. Of course, down here winter means it cools off enough so we can open the windows and get some fresh air for a change!

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8 - NOS

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
ive seen very little snow in the air, but no where NEAR on the ground yet... and im all the way up (compared to you texans!) in Pittsburgh! been pretty great here so far...
PFF
System Bot
mountainman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mountainmanSend a Private Message to mountainmanDirect Link to This Post
Well it's about 10 f here tonigt. 2 to 3 inches of snow. Supposed to be -10F Monday night. ugh.
formulaWA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2006 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for formulaWASend a Private Message to formulaWADirect Link to This Post
50 cm of snow so far here in Sumas (19 inches) Complete whiteout. Cars abandoned all over the roads (no Fieros' so far)
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by befarrer:
This was yesterday:

This is the shot that made me cringe!! Sent chills up my back because I rembember what that kind of cold is like. I'm just happy that I haven't had to run my air conditioner for the past couple of weeks.
Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by formulaWA:

50 cm of snow so far here in Sumas (19 inches) Complete whiteout. Cars abandoned all over the roads (no Fiero's' so far)

I listen to AM1130 for the traffic and weather. I can't believe the hell you guys are going through out there. I was heading towards Abby today and the snow drifts were just plain nuts. Thankfully I did not have to go all the way out there. Ya know if ya get board we do a lot of get togethers up here. Once you cross the boarder into BC its only a 20-30 min drive to where are meetings are held.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post

Capt Fiero

7657 posts
Member since Feb 2000
Well my cousins other half. AKA sexy2m6 on the forum decided to give my car some attitude today. The hood was clean from the heat of the rad. However the nose was just coated in snow from driving on the highway.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:
It's hot, I hate it. 80 degrees in november, almost december?

Hot ????? That is perfect. Not hot, not cold. Perfect.
Winter here? Perfect
swisscheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for swisscheeseClick Here to visit swisscheese's HomePageSend a Private Message to swisscheeseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

Well my cousins other half. AKA sexy2m6 on the forum decided to give my car some attitude today. The hood was clean from the heat of the rad. However the nose was just coated in snow from driving on the highway.

LOL!!! looks good!

Over here we don't have any snow actually but thats fine for me. I don't like the cold weather.
Mike Marden

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MardenSend a Private Message to Mike MardenDirect Link to This Post
75 F, clear skies, supposed to be 79F Wednesday. Wearing shorts at work today!! I don't care if it ever goes below 60F again. These old bones just can't take the cold as well as they use to.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Capt Fiero:

heh, nice hood MOD.

It's 61 here right now, about 20 degrees warmer then normal...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock