Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Minnesota Fiero BBQ this Sunday the 19th!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Minnesota Fiero BBQ this Sunday the 19th! by Dave Gunsul
Started on: 08-14-2007 10:46 AM
Replies: 32
Last post by: MinnGreenGT on 08-21-2007 11:40 PM
Dave Gunsul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
This Sunday, the 19th of August, MFF/the Minnesota Mafia is having a BBQ at the home of Tim/FieroSTS in Wyoming, MN.
Tim/FieroSTS has graciously opened his home to everyone and is even providing the food! The food....mmmmm. I've eaten over at Tims before and, believe me, you don't want to miss this one people!

This is a great opportunity to come out talk Fieros, eat some great food, check out Tims beautiful car, his well equipped shop, and just hang out for a good time with da mafia ova here.
So don't be shy if you've never come to a Minnesota event before. Everyone is very welcoming and friendly. The club is very laid back and geared towards having a good time always.

You'll want to show up around noon as lunch will be served @ 1PM. Details and directions can be found here: http://www.fiero.mn.org/events.htm

Hope to see you there! I'm so ready to eat.

------------------
" There was a lot of little kids there. I watched them flying, doing jumps, and having races. And I thought that all those little kids are going to grow up someday. And all those little kids are going to do the things we do. But for now, sledding is enough. I think it would be great if sledding were always enough, but it isn't."
--the perks of being a wallflower by stephen chbosky

[This message has been edited by Dave Gunsul (edited 08-14-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Tim's "Fiero Feast" is always a good time! btw - this will also replace the monthly MFF meeting that would normally be held at Walser's the 3rd Monday of the month

Here are some photos from a few years ago! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...030204-1-020891.html

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

arte444

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
My throwout bearing exploded. =(

------------------
-Kyle
Email: kakagiraffe@gmail.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1988 Notchback 4.9 V8 5spd Isuzu True Dual Exhaust
1993 Ford Probe 5spd

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
How about "THE BLENDER" ? Is the blender going to make it back?

ehhh I meant ... Binnford Spinmaster 7000 ...

Tina

[This message has been edited by Tina (edited 08-14-2007).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:

How about "THE BLENDER" ? Is the blender going to make it back?

ehhh I meant ... Binnford Spinmaster 7000 ...

Tina

Unfortunately Tim informed us at the last meeting that the Binford Spinmaster was getting neglected, and was passed on to another friend of his who mounted it on his boat and uses it regularly!

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

Unfortunately Tim informed us at the last meeting that the Binford Spinmaster was getting neglected, and was passed on to another friend of his who mounted it on his boat and uses it regularly!

http://www.blenderblaster.com/blenderblaster/

Time for an upgrade!!!

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 08-14-2007).]

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2007 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

http://www.blenderblaster.com/blenderblaster/

Time for an upgrade!!!

LOL - those are fun (and a tad pricey), but I want a "sport bike" version!!
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Bumpage
Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post

.... another friend of his who mounted it on his boat and uses it regularly! ...

Do I dare ask? In what function does it serve ?
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tina:
Do I dare ask? In what function does it serve ?

This YouTube video will explain all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Op3OPItH0
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2007 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
I'll be there!

But sadly, highly doubt the maroon turd will make it.

Been a while since I've been up to Tim's. Looking forward to getting up there again.

Eric

------------------

Used is such a harsh term. . . I perfer "Previously obsessed over"
88 base coupe: "She thinks my tractor's sexy..... it really turns 'er on"
"I drive Sideways"

Said by Crazy Dave "You can take Steve out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of Steve."

(\__/)
(='.'=) <<<< Cute Bunny.
(")_(")
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

I'll be there!

But sadly, highly doubt the maroon turd will make it.

Been a while since I've been up to Tim's. Looking forward to getting up there again.

You'll actually be in town!? Cool. Does the car just need the alt... or something more?
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post

...or something more?

Yea, needs a new owner.
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Yea, needs a new owner.

Do I hear $1.00 ....................$1.00 now ................$1.00 now ......................do I hear $1.50 ......................do I hear $1.50 ??? ........................going once........................ going twice........................................................................................
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
SOLD!!!!!

For 57 cents.
justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2007 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post

SOLD!!!!!

For 57 cents.

they got ripped off
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Reminder Bump! It's this Sunday!

Yea, needs a new owner.

What's the issue now? Aside from your sudden "charging" issues last time, it seemed to be doing reasonably well from what I understood...
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
Still running hella rich, Check engine light comming on after about 20 min of highway only driving, then with light on, engine won't idle. Just die as soon as I push in the clutch. Blowing a crap ton of smoke out the exhaust when started. As in more than a normal GM, which is still a lot. Still has a hot start issue. [At least that COULD be as simple as a solenoid, but with this car, I doubt it.]

And lastly....the rear main is leaking pretty good....which means.....o yes, the engine has to come out Again.

I just wanna drive the thing. Maybe I will and just let it go boom. Then I'll have a good reason to get rid of it. Hell, if I take it down to TX, I'll get 3g's for crushin' it. Then again, it'd cost me about 2g's in gas just to get down there....hmmmm.
fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post

Blowing a crap ton of smoke out the exhaust when started.

Well, that should take some of the heat off of me and my 84.

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like you have a bigtime O2 sensor, or fuel pressure issue, and possibly a temp sender issue.

Still running hella rich, Check engine light comming on after about 20 min of highway only driving, then with light on, engine won't idle. Just die as soon as I push in the clutch. Blowing a crap ton of smoke out the exhaust when started. As in more than a normal GM, which is still a lot. Still has a hot start issue. [At least that COULD be as simple as a solenoid, but with this car, I doubt it.]

And lastly....the rear main is leaking pretty good....which means.....o yes, the engine has to come out Again.

I just wanna drive the thing. Maybe I will and just let it go boom. Then I'll have a good reason to get rid of it. Hell, if I take it down to TX, I'll get 3g's for crushin' it. Then again, it'd cost me about 2g's in gas just to get down there....hmmmm.

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2007 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post
Tim & Jean,

What do you want or need us to bring? Anything?
PFF
System Bot
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTGeff:

Tim & Jean,

What do you want or need us to bring? Anything?

More food for me.

Maybe some umbrellas too.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2007 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Yeah... forecast is looking a bit "damp" perhaps (good thing we're not doing it today!) - but bring your chairs & your umbrellas... we don't cancel for a little "moisture"

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Well, how'd it go? I couldn't make it, maybe next time.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Although it drizzled on & off much of the day - it was really a great time. Despite the weather (both recent & current), we had a solid turnout. And amazingly enough, Dave Gunsul didn't eat everything in the place! Tim & Jean were great hosts, as always - and I'm sure we all had a good time! A big "Thanks" with lots of gratitude is owed to the Cebulla family!

I didn't get an exact count on cars or people... someone else perhaps?

And Steve (hoho) was the official/unofficial photographer (along with Jerry Vincent and a few others) ~ so look for some pics from them shortly!
Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post

Well as Rob said the weather wasn't the best. I was alittle busy so I didn't have a chance to take any photos. I hope some of the shutterbugs ( Steve ) will post a few pics. There were a few " tech sessions", which included some of the finer points of an LT1 swap and 4.9 drivability issues. There was alot of good food ( even Dave got full ) . Plenty of Door prizes. An auction to raise money for the club. And some special awards for long distance, high milage and Hard luck. Thanks again to everyone who came and a special thanks for those who helped out.

Originally posted by 2.5:

Well, how'd it go? I couldn't make it, maybe next time.

------------------

Signature courtesy of MinnGreen.

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for everything Tim!

Lotta fun as it always is when the mafia gets together. Very laid back and lots of jokes/comments which made us all laugh and have a great time.

I coulda ate more but i was feeling kinda lazy and didnt feel like getting back up to many times plus i had no idea there was hot sauce right on the table behind me. Doh.

My tally for the day was:

3 brats.
4 burgers.
couple handfuls of chips (or more )
4 cookies
1 brownie
2 big globs of coleslaw
2 big globs of potato salad
4 BIG globs of beans
a few of those sausages that were in the back that a lot of people missed i think. Not sure how many i had but got some a couple times
and i snacked out of that bowl in the middle of the table with the trail mix off and on throughout the day.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Wow, after reading that list of food I really wish I was there!

Is it once a year then?
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna have to organize a BBQ / Pool Party before the season ends...............................
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2007 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Is it once a year then?

Tim is generally up to holding a "feast" once a year or so (it also replaces our monthly meeting for this month)... but we have regular monthly meetings (followed by dinner @ Denny's), and frequent casual get-togethers (this one is looking like a quick one on Labor Day Weekend: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/066545.html ).

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I'm gonna have to organize a BBQ / Pool Party before the season ends...............................

Hmmm... LOL! Is this your plan for actually showing up to an event this year?
We know that Eric called you to see if you were coming yesterday...

Really though... it might be tough to pull that off, as August is pretty well over - and September is pretty well accounted for (Labor Day Weekend, Fierorama or Wings N' Wheels, a Fall Cruise to Canada). Then you're into October - which might be OK for a "cool weather" drive out to "nowhere" Elk River!

[This message has been edited by MinnGreenGT (edited 08-20-2007).]

fierohoho

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
Here's the link to the photos I took at the BBQ.

http://s130.photobucket.com...fierohoho/MFF%20BBQ/

Use MFFBBQ if it asks for a password.

Steve

[This message has been edited by fierohoho (edited 08-25-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
hammer18

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hammer18Send a Private Message to hammer18Direct Link to This Post
dang wish i woulda came it looked like lots of fun o well my fiero wasent running then anyways next time count me in.
MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Steve - thanks for the photo link!

Originally posted by hammer18:

dang wish i woulda came it looked like lots of fun o well my fiero wasent running then anyways next time count me in.

Just a reminder... your Fiero is never a requirement to attend any Fiero-related function

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock