where do i get this chin spoiler? by Johnni
Started on: 11-02-2008 03:15 PM
Replies: 23
Last post by: jmbishop on 11-03-2008 02:13 PM
Johnni

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnniSend a Private Message to JohnniDirect Link to This Post
Hello!

Iam new, my name is Markus(Johnni is my nickname ;-)), I come from Austria, Wiener Neustadt! I bought my fiero 86 2m4 2 month ago(only 200€), after a lot hours of work, the engine finally starts! This was yesterday, I overhould the starter, fuel pump, ignition and fuel injection... now I start to change the oils ,brakediscs and brake pads. But I also could starting to think about the optical changes

I saw this picture in the internet:

and i love it, where do i get that part??

Thanks a lot

Markus

[This message has been edited by Johnni (edited 11-02-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
Welcome.

Its no longer made.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Part of the Kamei body kit made years ago. They can be found on ebay, sometimes. Though I haven't seen one in a while now.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Welcome.

Its no longer made.

That's cool. I haven't seen that one. The suspension height is right on also.
Trekker

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrekkerClick Here to visit Trekker's HomePageSend a Private Message to TrekkerDirect Link to This Post
WELCOME! You have the exact same car as mine. '86 2m4 coupe. I also agree that the nose you want looks fantastic! We can always search Ebay and hope..........

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Maybe Kamei still has the moulds for it...assuming they're still in business.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Amida maybe you could design something simalar. PLEASE. You do awesome work.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:

Thanks. Have you seen the spoiler from the Fierowarehouse? It's pretty affordable.

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
I have seen it but i really like how the kamei comes straight down from the pad. It is a completly different look.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Yes, it does look more like a full bumper. Are there any other spoilers for the bumper pads? The thing about switching to the GT aero is that the rest of the car doesn't have matching rocker/ groundfx. In order to be consistent, the rear bumper needs to be switched to GT and groundfx added.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
The Kamei bumper is actually a kit look closely and you can see it. There is a sideskirt piece as well. What would be involved in recreating it? I really want it.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Thanks. Have you seen the spoiler from the Fierowarehouse? It's pretty affordable.

it gives the bumper pad bumper a lotus europein look i like it to. only reason i dont like it is its also the MR2 look

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 11-02-2008).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post
Is there a reason why the screw heads have to be on the outside?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by 85duke:

Are there any other photos of this car?
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2008 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
I don't belive so Hyper v6 may know of some. I found the pic on here before. i will do a search. brb

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Found some more pics.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The kit is the Kamei X-1
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
I always thought that was the best-looking kit for the bumperpad cars.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
I like the fact that it is just sexy.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
I've got a fiero store magazine I got with my free 86 gt that has this kit listed. I wish this kit was still around.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
I might have found some rockers to take molds from hold tight i pmed the guy to see if he still has them. still lookin for more info. never mind they were sold.

[This message has been edited by 85duke (edited 11-03-2008).]

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post

85duke

536 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Jim you wouldn't mind posting the add would you? that is if it is illustrated. I am seriously looking into reproducing this kit. I want it for my car if i have to make it i will. And a bump for the early risers and the all nighters who may have missed it.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jmbishop:

Welcome.

Its no longer made.

The one downside that I see, with the add-on approach, is that all the old noses have the same problem where the top side droops, or is sunken in. If this Kamei nose is ever made again it should be an entire nose replacement.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeDirect Link to This Post
Amida I completly agree That would also insure that no copyrights are infringed upon. But I think it will be worht the extra effort.
jmbishop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopDirect Link to This Post
If amida sends me the upper piece of his bumper, I'd make a mold for a lower piece that resembles that bumper(without the bumper pads) and send it to him.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 11-03-2008).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock