Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Fiero logo Cut-out of wood GAUGING INTREST to sell again (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fiero logo Cut-out of wood GAUGING INTREST to sell again by 88GTFormula
Started on: 12-23-2009 06:00 PM
Replies: 58
Last post by: 88GTFormula on 03-01-2010 06:40 PM
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Some of you may remember this thread from awhile ago
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040085.html

I'm looking to start making these to sell again, as now my wife and I are settled in our new home and my workshop is almost complete. Any intrest in the fiero logos being cut out?

Heres another pattern im looking to cut out (eventually if theres any intrest in buying them)

------------------

My 88 GT Build-Up Thread
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068112.html

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 12-23-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
I'd be interested in the Fiero GT design. Similar price point to last time?
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Can you make the sideways pegasus logo?

The one that F-I-E-R-O came and left with?

Which we think was inspired from a yahoo image search, here:

Originally posted by pavo_roddy:

Originally posted by FieroFanatic13:

Essentially keep all the rest the same (original logo design, font, etc) , just substitute the sideways pegasus.
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sabooo:

I'd be interested in the Fiero GT design. Similar price point to last time?

$35 for the wood cut-out (no matter which one)

only a few dollars more than the last time, just because i need to package them for shipping alittle better. The cut-out are super fragile (all the black gets cut out as your can tell from the photos)
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by Austrian Import:

Can you make the sideways pegasus logo?

The one that F-I-E-R-O came and left with?

Which we think was inspired from a yahoo image search, here:

Essentially keep all the rest the same (original logo design, font, etc) , just substitute the sideways pegasus.

Yes this too would be possible. Only problem there is I'd need to alter the pegasus on my black and white patterns, problem being i no longer have a photo editing program to do so... I'll try do get one within the next few days and try to come up with a few more pegasus patterns if the intrest will be there as well

N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
How about the Fiero logo with Formula above it?
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

How about the Fiero logo with Formula above it?

It will also be the same price, but I'll have to make a pattern for it when i get a new photo editing program up and running...
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
Sweet. Let me know. I'd be interested in that.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchDirect Link to This Post
Suggestion: Referring to the "Fiero SE" and the "Pontiac" above, fill in the gaps in the "E" and the "P". You evidently got those letters from the "hemihead" font set, which as those gaps, but the Fiero font doesn't have gaps.
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Suggestion: Referring to the "Fiero SE" and the "Pontiac" above, fill in the gaps in the "E" and the "P". You evidently got those letters from the "hemihead" font set, which as those gaps, but the Fiero font doesn't have gaps.

I can close the gap in the 'E' but not the 'P' only reason being the black gets cut out. If i filled the gap in the 'P' the center of it will fall out (a good example is looking at the o) looking at the 'O' if i cut it out exactly as it is in the picture the center of it will fall out...

another note: to keep these stronger for shipping it's best if i detach the tops of the wings in the old logo so they don't snap... It breaks right there every time in shipping.

all in all its an awesome finished product. and i try my absolute best to keep the cut outs as close to the original logos as possible keeping it all attached since im cutting out alot of the wood...
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Heres the New Pegasus Design I made into a pattern the old fashion way... Good ole snip snips

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
PFF
System Bot
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2009 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
I learned a long time ago working for Spanjer Brothers in Chicago when spacing letters in layout to "squint" when looking at your copy.
In the "Fiero" logo you will notice the letter "o" stands out by itself.
I believe you have "mechanical spacing, where the distance between letters is all the same if butted next to each other.
The other would be "optical" which allows you to move letters closer together or farther apart to achieve the right look.
Example would be working with stencils where words will look like two. As in "Fier o.
Just my humble, old, opinion.
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2009 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick buMp, and a peak at my fretless bass guitar mother of pearl inlay project...

No, before you ask I cant inlay any of these cut-outs with mother of pearl. I might finish this bass in 3 years... very long slow process not to get O.T. just a look at an ongoing project i can finally get back to now that my worshop is basically finished.
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2009 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
lost intrest already? that was faster than i thought...
psychosurfer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferDirect Link to This Post
Interested in both the signs AND the bass!!!
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
I've got a few wood blanks that i can cut awhile... I'm going to go ahead and cut out 3 of the original fiero logo that say "Fiero GT" above the logo.

I have 1 maple blank and 2 african mahogany blanks

I'm also going to go ahead and order more wood incase theres more intrest past those three (It'll take me atleast 2 weeks to recieve the next blanks)

1st come 1st serve on these 3. Hopefully i'll get the next blanks sooner than usual.
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Sabooo has requested one cut out of African mahogany,

That lets one of each still available.

Thanks for everyones support on this as I'm currently laid-off and tring to make as much as I can to help benefit our home mortgage. Hope you guys enjoy these cut-outs... these 3 should be ready for shipment within the next few days.

~Tim
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Heres the link to the thread i dug up (2 years old) The 1st run of these that just died.

It has somewhat of a record & feedback from other members on the quality of the cut-outs etc.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040085.html

ACSCAR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ACSCARClick Here to visit ACSCAR's HomePageSend a Private Message to ACSCARDirect Link to This Post
I would def be interested in a couple what size are they is there a way you could post a pic next to something for comparison as of right now fiero se pontiac one and formula hehe maybe an indy one
ac2

------------------
NYFOC

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerDirect Link to This Post
What are these being used for? Wall decoration? Can we see a pic with a size comparison?

Jonathan
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

What are these being used for? Wall decoration? Can we see a pic with a size comparison?

Jonathan

Yup, you got it. just a decoration... there were some ideas thrown around on the other thread that i bumped to the top in the for sale section after 2 years of a few diffrent ideas from the people that bought them (some were shadow boxes, others just filling the cut-out in with epoxy resin... those are the 2 that i remember best)

I'll hurry up and get another one cut out (since i sold all the others that pictures are posted of) and i'll take a comparison picture with that one... Gimmie a day or 2

Its on a 12 inch by 12 inch piece of wood (centered) theres roughly 3 inches the whole way around the logo to the edge of the wood in all directions

PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Heres a few pictures for comparison sake of the pattern printed on an 8.5 x 11 piece of paper over the 12 x 12 piece of wood near a few common objects. TV remote, unsharpened pencil, and a 12 pack of pepsi

Hopefully they help give you guys alittle better idea. Sorry I didn't think of that earlier, it didnt even cross my mind...

!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2010 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Heres what i'll look like coated in polyurethane (small sample piece is slightly darker)

Finished 2 (african mahogany) one is spoken for... Anyone want the other?

A closer shot of the color diffrence once its polyurethaned
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2010 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
How's this for the 'Formula' logo?

And the 'Indy Fiero' pattern

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 01-03-2010).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2010 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Found some LED packs (powered by watch a thin Lithium Ion watch battery) that Have 3 bulbs a piece... If I added the option to adding a piece of clear plexiglass behind any logo or cut out that is illuminated by white, red, or blue LEDs for an extra $25 (barely covers extra material costs)

Would this spark anymore intrest $60 for a logo that lights up? These lights will be hidden yet accesable from the back of the cut-out to change the battery in the light unit.
I'm going back to idea mentioned 2 years ago on the topic of these logos. Except with a brighter twist.

Please don't be shy to throw out ideas and or make diffrent suggestions. I can cut some wild stuff outta wood (just can't get too terribly small yet, only because i haven't tried. which is about to change in about 2 weeks)

Soon I'll be cutting out stencils out of plastic as well (per request by 87antuzzi for some upcoming projects of his own)

Lets keep this thread going

I'm tring to keep myself busy and out of trouble

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 01-09-2010).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2010 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Prettymuch everything you've posted in this thread is what I want. Only smaller
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Still kicking around the idea, but how about the option of getting these cutouts cast into epoxy resin? That would look pretty kool as long as it didn't nd up with bubbles or anything in it... Any of you bodywork guys think that may work?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Any news on the stenciels? If you can make them please let me know.
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Any news on the stenciels? If you can make them please let me know.

Yea I can do em... I'm just tring to find a thin flexible plastic that'll work for what you need it to. I've never made stencils, but i know i can cut them out of all kinda diffrent stuff.... I've cut 1/4" thick plastic before. It cuts alot slower than wood, the plastic if you cut it too fast will melt back together. Its just a matter of getting my hands on the materials then me printing the patterns off the computer...

But yea, I can most definately do most of them. the only one im not sure of is the one alittle bigger than a quarter. being that small, most of the detail of the pegasus will shrink so small it'll b tough... But im atleast gona try it a few times once i get the material before i give up on the small one all together... the ones around 4 inches tall I know i can definately do... just alittle more tedious than the larger ones thats all...
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Got the Plastic in hand... Sent you a PM, gimmie a call that way im sure i got all the details right. Ready to start crankin these out
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2010 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sabooo:

Fiero GT design.

Just pulled your check out of the mail...

The designs all packed up & It'll be in the mail tomorow Rich. Hope your pleased
PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
I recieved a shipment of wood today. If anyone is interested in anything, please feel free to drop me a line whenever...

The wood i have available is:

2- Cherry
4- Red Oak
6- Ash
2 -Maple

I can cut any of the logos you've see in this and more out of the wood listed... If this wood starts going quick I'll get more. PM me or post if your interested in anything...

Also available not pictured yet in this thread are these... Currently have 2 cut out of bloodwood ($40 a piece)

And since i have more wood now I'm going to cut out this...

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 01-13-2010).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

88GTFormula

2721 posts
Member since May 2004
Soooo... I opened up my mail box this afternoon. Come to find the 3 LED lights that i ordered arrived... So i went ahead and built a shadow box that i have to fasten together and paint white so it reflects light even better.

Since I know how much my fellow PFFers love pictures, heres a teaser till I finish it (basically what it looks like lit up. lol)

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 01-13-2010).]

sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
that looks fantastic
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2010 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i would be interested if i could get this done in metal or some other plastic etc material. Would be great to have an engaver we ould send our files to and have him ( o he ) engave them in w/e material
88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

i would be interested if i could get this done in metal or some other plastic etc material. Would be great to have an engaver we ould send our files to and have him ( o he ) engave them in w/e material

I have to cut it out the whole way... Plastic I can do. Metal, possibly depending on the thickness... But I doubt it since Im doing it all by hand on a saw (if i had a CNC machine metal would be no problem.)

Basically, i can cut it out of some really hard wood and plastic (plastic just has to me cut much slower than wood)
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
ohhh i see so you are doing itby hand, well BRRAVO...i swore it was being cut out through cnc...i know iti is hard to do this stuff by hand (imo)

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2010 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

ohhh i see so you are doing itby hand, well BRRAVO...i swore it was being cut out through cnc...i know iti is hard to do this stuff by hand (imo)

Yup by hand... tring to get some cash together to get my 8th fiero.... I dont have any anymore, Id really love to have another... I'm getting a 6'x14' trailer within the next 2 weeks incase it doesnt run if i find one... Fiero should fit on that cause our 77 junk vette thats outta commission fits.

But thats my main reason for selling these again... I want number 8

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 01-16-2010).]

88GTFormula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
Bump...anyone want the shadow box when it's finished? 60 bux shipped to you

Got alot of time in making one so i probally wont do many if anymore unles theres a good bit of intrest at that price... Not gettting much for my time, just enjoying making them...
DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Direct Link to This Post
Sold........you have a PM
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock