Front bumper Ideas I have put together by Kemp3
Started on: 07-28-2011 08:42 PM
Replies: 29
Last post by: Australian on 01-19-2012 04:23 AM
Kemp3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post
Well here are four front fascia ideas i have been working on. I have variations of all , but wanted to start simple and see what the community leans towards before really detailing any of them.
Please excuse my crappy photoshop work . I have some rear fascias design i will post in a little while , I would like to see how the community takes to this batch.

Please post up which one you like , these are only conceptual and will be tweaked once I know the best couple.

Thank you all for your time ,

-Kemp

[This message has been edited by Kemp3 (edited 07-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
I would have to say the first one, it is more pontiac-ish

Seems you are decent with photoshop, I would take the lower half of this car (below the headlights) and make all the opening a bit taller. and put a bit more emphasis on that jagged opening to make it look a bit more aggressive.

[This message has been edited by Shill (edited 07-28-2011).]

OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
I also like number 1. Number 4 is a close second though. Good designs!
87_GT_GoBabyGo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 05:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_GT_GoBabyGoSend a Private Message to 87_GT_GoBabyGoDirect Link to This Post
I really like #2, speaks to me. I am always a sucker for (correct me if I'm wrong) Ferrari styling
like my personal concept for my car, based on someone else's image

On your photo it would look something like...

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post07-29-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
#2. It is a different take on a Ferrari style nose for the Fiero. I may be wrong, but I don't think that I have seen that style on the Fiero. Nice work.

Tony
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
I like #2 and #4,

#4 looks a lot like a certain Camaro nose.
86gt2.85

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86gt2.85Send a Private Message to 86gt2.85Direct Link to This Post
My preference leads me to select #2
I like how your design incorporates the look of the original bumper pad facia but yet updates with large flow thru openings and alleviates the recessed chin appearance.
It's a sleek looking contemporary interpretation that retains the original sporty car look of the GT without screaming out a need for other body mods.
All are very good concepts by the way.
Great job !
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2011 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post
all of these fascias would also suck back the front , the goal is to shorten the overhang so we can get the cars lower and minimize bumper scraping. To me the only thing that dates this cars exterior is the front , rear fascias and the boot stripe. I have a whole body kit design I am working towards.

Unfortunately it appears my Favorite #1 is not a strong contender for becoming reality. I think I am going to try and do a better #1 photoshop to maybe sway the opinions

Thank you all for your post and I hope others all chime in so I can keep pushing forward on this. I have a side view I will post up here after I get some more feed back , I also have the 4 rear options that will be posted soon.

-Kemp

ok here is the New #1 I will replace it in first post as well.

[This message has been edited by Kemp3 (edited 07-30-2011).]

OneSlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 03:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
#1 is still my favorite. But I love the new Audi looks so thats what makes #4 a close 2nd for me. I'm not big on copying other cars though so I am going to have to say #1. It looks like it just belongs there and isn't borrowed from another manufacturer. Just my .02
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/086513.html

I posted the rear fascia pictures in General Chat , here is a link https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/086513.html
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Direct Link to This Post
I only like the last one. Where did you get a right-hand-drive Fiero?
PFF
System Bot
Gixxer Quad

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gixxer QuadSend a Private Message to Gixxer QuadDirect Link to This Post
out of those four, i'd go with #4, but with mesh or just open, instead of those ribs or whatever they are in there. like i said in the rear faschia thread though, i think i must be a purist. used to be big into imports, and i hated all the body kits people put on those things too. i want something that looks like it could be stock, not that makes it look like a new front end on a 20-yr old car. lol... but i love the idea of getting rid of that body molding. i've wanted to do that on all of mine, but i don't know how to do bodywork, and it's cost too much to have the thing removed and raised/filled all the way around.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Some of your concepts look very nice but I'd have to say that my favorite is the Lotus nose sold by a guy in CA. I saw one insalled on a Fiero two years ago and it looked like it belonged. The guy that installed it said that it was not an easy install though.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post
well here are 2 side profiles , the first is using a rear end that is close to the rear end #2 but needs to be fine tuned. The second is rear end #3 with front end #1 , I hope they look good .

[This message has been edited by Kemp3 (edited 07-31-2011).]

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Moved to GFC by request of OP.
Gixxer Quad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gixxer QuadSend a Private Message to Gixxer QuadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kemp3:

well here are 2 side profiles , the first is using a rear end that is close to the rear end #2 but needs to be fine tuned. The second is rear end #3 with front end #1 , I hope they look good .

hopefully this doesn't derail this thread, but i'm curious why so many pics on here are broken like these two. does the fieroforum pic hosting suck? why not use something like photobucket or imageshack? are we allowed? i use photobucket, but don't want to break the rules if i'm not supposed to..

Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Moved to GFC by request of OP.

Thank you Cliff

I see all the pictures , dont know why anyone else would have a problem. If they are broken still please let me know and I will re-upload them
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
Kemp, I like your design, and your photoshop isn't that bad actually.

May I request a few more front bumpers: Tesla Roadster, McLaren Mp4-12c, Ferrari 458, Lamborghini 560-4, and 570-4. (or a combination of the best elements from the above bumpers into a unique hybrid.)

aeffertz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzDirect Link to This Post

This would most definitely be one of the best looking modified Fieros out there if it was made!
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post
Max I will see what I can do for you there ,

Aeffertz thank you , I really hope to see one of these designs come to life.
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideDirect Link to This Post
I'd vote for number 2, but I plan to keep my front fascia stock.
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

I would have to say the first one, it is more pontiac-ish

Very Mazda...
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post08-02-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aeffertz:
This would most definitely be one of the best looking modified Fieros out there if it was made!

Porsche makes one. It's called the 911.
Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
2 and 4 ferrari and porsche seem to suit very well. The thing with these bumpers unless you make your own your up for a fair bit of cash $2000 ish as even if someone made one for a honda or nissan at a reasonable price just to make it fit is going to be as difficult as a real one (this is the option i would consider if around $300-400). But making your own will be even more work and surprising still a fair bit of money $100-200 since buying it all retail and if need things that you haven't got and buying in bits rather than bulk.
Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaDirect Link to This Post
defintly #1.

------------------
Jay

'86 SE v6

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Nice work on the creativity, Side profiles are cool, seems to have a Porsche feel to it especially on the first version
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Just curious if this went anywhere? I like option 3 and 4 the best. Option 4 is very nice. Has the R8 features on a fiero front bumper. Option 3 is quite nice as well. Do you plan on making any of these? I really like both options.
Kemp3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Direct Link to This Post
well it hasn't died , but i think its going to be a very small run or a one off. Unfortunately the one i have decided to go forward with is closest to #1, Hopefully the clay guy will start in the next month.

-Kemp
GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2012 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kemp3:

well it hasn't died , but i think its going to be a very small run or a one off. Unfortunately the one i have decided to go forward with is closest to #1, Hopefully the clay guy will start in the next month.

-Kemp

AWESOME! Keep us posted bro.

Edit to add this. If you could take #1 and add the R8 style lights like in #4 into it, that would rock!

[This message has been edited by GADJet (edited 01-18-2012).]

Australian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2012 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
can you please post original car with stock bumper too

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock