Started on: 09-13-2011 01:07 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: mattwa on 09-25-2011 11:56 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for some old used and not reusable worthy Getrag input shaft bearings. Hopefully some with the sleeve still intact. I'm looking to make a useable reproduction. I have some ideas.

Anyone have one?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thedrue

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thedrueSend a Private Message to thedrueDirect Link to This Post
Rodney! This part NEEDS to be reproduced. It just so happens that when I installed my front wheel drive get rag I pulled the bearing out of the old fiero tranny. I have it sitting on a shelf all ready for you.

It was leaking but the bearing and sleeve is all there. I even cleaned it up for you.

Ill have it ready to ship out very shortly, please just let me know if there are any details I need to know before sending it out.

Good luck, hope you can get something figured out!
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2011 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
I have one that was leaking if you still need one.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thedrue:

Ill have it ready to ship out very shortly, please just let me know if there are any details I need to know before sending it out.

Good luck, hope you can get something figured out!

Send it out. Oliver Schulz has been trying to get any information from Getrag in Germany but has had no success to date. I just sent him an email asking if they hit a solid dead end. One idea I have is to make a bearing assembly with a seal and then the sleeve would go on the outside of the case where you would need to drill and tap hole for screws. This idea would also work for those where the sleeve is damaged but the bearing and seal is still OK. Maybe harder is to machine the steel out of billet and insert a bearing and roll the end? Not sure if that is possible. No easy answers on this but they have to be made.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Rodney

4715 posts
Member since Feb 2000

Originally posted by Justinbart:

I have one that was leaking if you still need one.

I could certainly use a few for R&D.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post
I will watch this thread out of interest.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 259
Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

One idea I have is to make a bearing assembly with a seal and then the sleeve would go on the outside of the case where you would need to drill and tap hole for screws.

If you make the seperate throwout bearing sleeve, then you could use the input bearing/seal from the 92-94 HTOB getrags. Same bearing/seal, just doesn't have the throwout bearing sleeve attached to it.
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:
If you make the seperate throwout bearing sleeve, then you could use the input bearing/seal from the 92-94 HTOB getrags. Same bearing/seal, just doesn't have the throwout bearing sleeve attached to it.

This is interesting. I would wonder how many of those are available and will they run out one day soon? Maybe they use them in other applications? Got a part number?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2011 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Direct Link to This Post
Good thinking Rodney. This is what many getrag owners are looking for specifically. You can get all the bearings, but many just need the input shaft bearing.
Thanks for the dedication for interesting / long dis-continued fiero parts...

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Shipped. I'll be waiting at my mail box patiently for when you replace it with a new one.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec5
11.53@126.7

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2011 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Still no word from Getrag...
PFF
System Bot
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2011 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I think the Getrag we just bought might need one of these, so these definitely need to be made again, you have quite a bit of demand for them.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock