PPG Pace Car Colors? by StreetRod4
Started on: 03-02-2012 05:07 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: RAREW66 on 03-02-2012 09:01 PM
StreetRod4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StreetRod4Send a Private Message to StreetRod4Direct Link to This Post
Just asking but does anyone have the paint codes from the PPG fastback prototypes or were they all custom colors? Think that green would look great on a project car of ours. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Fred (RAREW66) would be the one to ask he has 3 of them
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083664.html
------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy
K-beck LED Marker Kits for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 03-02-2012).]

StreetRod4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StreetRod4Send a Private Message to StreetRod4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Fred (RAREW66) would be the one to ask he has 3 of them
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/083664.html

I think I'll go ask in that thread, thanks!

RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2012 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
All of the paint colors on the PPG Pace Cars including the Fieros were proprietary PPG Paint Lab Formulations. The paint sprayed on the cars were of experimental nature for future product development. Therefore, none of the paint formulas had paint codes and were never offered to the public. Many of these paints had exotic materials in them that would never be feasible for the automotive industry, especially in a production environment. One small example is the pearl white on the Indy PPG. PPG currently offers three different white pearl additives. The pearl on the pace car does not match any of the three. Why, because of the material used to formulate the pearl content. The PPG lab technician that I have had contact with has told me that in the early development of the pearls, natural minerals were ground as part of the pigment in the additives. These natural minerals were expensive to use in paint.

Also to be noted is that if a paint color was close to being a part of the PPG product line, the lab would change up the formulation enough to make it different for a new pace car.

To the OP, nope there are no paint codes available. Some of the OEM colors kind of are close but nothing dead on.

Fred

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock