Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Reproduction Door Glasses For the Fiero (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Reproduction Door Glasses For the Fiero by prosource
Started on: 04-12-2012 09:10 PM
Replies: 91
Last post by: 2.5 on 01-16-2013 01:46 PM
prosource

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceDirect Link to This Post
I do want to thank Joe Torma for contacting me and keeping me abreast of what is happening with interest for these door glasses. Over the years we have sold many of the LOF & PPG produced door glasses. In the past couple of years supply has dried up and these companies are not interested in doing production runs. I will try not to get too long as I am passionate about this stuff.. do I think they do a better job than the new Chinese glass? It's not so easy anymore because some of the Chinese manufacturers are as good or even better than some of the OEM manufacturers but it depends on what the glass is- the tricky part is even if those companies were to reproduce they wouldn't be making them in the States. LOF/Pilkington would run in Mexico and PPG is no longer under that name (now known as PGW) and would probably make in Mexico or possibly China or similar place.
FYG Industries (known as Fuyao Glass) is a multi billion dollar global manufacturer that has become #1 or #2 for all replacement aftermarket glass for the US, more importantly they are now OEM on quite a few models worldwide. Since their production demand is in a growing Chinese market, it takes a littlke longer for turnaround times now. I am estimating close to 4 months from order until it arrives. That would mean August delivery time. It is possible it maybe July but I would rather figure safely.
We have sold several of the door glasses (maybe a half dozen) from Fuyao Glass in the past year or so and I will work on seeing if I can get some responses from end users. the problem is we have sold to a few of our wholesale accounts so it is more involved to get to the consumer in those instances, I am sure we can.

Ok for details. I am sure folks will be pleased with the product. We have sold thousands of FYG side windows and windshields. This is pretty easy for them to make compared to some of the newer windows that require hardware/ moldings attached..
We will not be asking for any money up front but will ask for a 50% deposit or folks can pay in full once the glass is on its way to us from the factory. We try to pay for this right away when received. If paying 50%, the balance would be due upon it arriving here. We really don't want to be stocking a lot of extra sets although I would like to believe that we will keep a few sets here for those who eventually want to spend the money.
If I place the order for next week, I would expect production to take place in June and shipment to leave late June/ early July for the States. Pricing I can get to $125 for a pair. That is based on us doing 50 sets. But you have to realize 50 sets or 60 or 70 sets doesn't really bring the price down.. we are talking a company that produces 500-1000 of a part. the other factor is I cannot afford to spend the amt of time with emails, seperste shipping, posts and processing without a fair mark up. Obviously we appreciate the business and opportunity but at $125 a set we can still do so and guarantee shipments and all that entails. As for additional costs, we usually charge $15 box/packing which will be waived for this offer. Just the usual UPS charges will be added. It runs between $25-55 freight costs shipped to most of the continental USA for 1 or 2 sets. Shipping to Canada will range from $50-95 range depending on province.. assuming fuel costs do not continue to climb. We do ship worldwide so additional rates would have to be secured.
I would prefer for everyone who wants to order to send me an email with a few particulars and I will contact you about payment and details once produced. I will be glad to post on the Forum but I am not sure how many folks in the end are serious and will buy when the time comes in June for some payment.
Please email me at : info@prosourceglassintl.com I just would like name, city and state and # of sets. By the way, we can offer the smoked gray tint for $10 more for the set. It will not be very dark because of the laws on front door glasses but should be around a 30-35% tint factor.
Feel free to email or post to this forum for additional info. Thanks again, Richard Tankel

[This message has been edited by prosource (edited 04-12-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I'm in!

Chris

Oakville, Ontario

1 set, no tint

Maybe a few others in the Greater Toronto Area can get them shipped to one place and the combined shipping wouldn't be as bad to Canada.
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I'm in!

Chris

Oakville, Ontario

1 set, no tint

Maybe a few others in the Greater Toronto Area can get them shipped to one place and the combined shipping wouldn't be as bad to Canada.

Chris:
As long as you send me a pm I will confirm that i received it.. a couple of things I meant to say..obviously a few sets together would save overall since you get hit with the brokerage/ duty. Perhaps someone who lives in upstate Ny or near the border will take some and folks north of the border can make arrangements to pick up. Also, we are about a 5 hr ride or less from the Canadian border (Quebec) it maybe worhtwhile if anyone will be in NEw England as well. All those details can be worked out down the road.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I'm in, tinted.

Also, I know cross-posting is a no-no, but I bumped the previous thread with all of the other tenuous commitments...
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceDirect Link to This Post
Please send me name, city, state and tel# along with sets/color to info@prosourceglassintl.com I will confirm. Best way for me to keep track. Thanks, Richard
prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceDirect Link to This Post

prosource

105 posts
Member since Apr 2012
Please send me name, city, state and tel# along with sets/color to info@prosourceglassintl.com I will confirm. Best way for me to keep track. Thanks, Richard
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2012 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Is the regular side glass (not the smoke gray tint) the same as OEM Soft-Ray tint or is it clear (no tint at all)?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Richard , thank you for doing this!

To everyone else...

PLEASE READ THE FIRST POST....

Come on folks.... read before posting Don't post in the thread saying "Me Too!", or "add me to the list", "Count me in" ect ect.. To keep track of things, Richard has nicely explained and asked for an email or PM with the information he needs.

Poor Richard has 5 total posts on the forum, and 4 of them are having to repeat what he already said in his first post

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 04-13-2012).]

E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-13-2012 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
any chance of you having a window with that tint, and throw up a photo to see what it looks like..
doesn't have to be a fiero wondow as long as the tint color, darkness is the same..
thanks..
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post
I'M IN!! email sent.

I would also like to see a few pictures of the regular glass vs. tinted just for comparison purposes. Thanks for doing this!
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
I`m sending my email this evening thanks
PFF
System Bot
Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
email sent.

I also inquired about shipping FedEx to Canada - UPS gouges us with brokerage fees (plus I have have bad luck with UPS a few times already on broken/damaged shipments and they refused to pay the insurance so I will be avoiding them at all costs from now on).

FedEx is much more fair on their charges. Of course if someone picks these up and brings them across the border, I will then pay shipping/etc from eastern Canada to the west.

Cheers,
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
email sent
robiwon1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for robiwon1Send a Private Message to robiwon1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for posting this. I feel a lot more confident now in these windows. E-mail sent this morning.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
email sent for one set in darker smoked gray. If they look good there will be more orders but having not seen them one set will do for now. Most of the Fieros that I have seen have the deep scratches from the inadequate rattle pad brackets where the soft rug like material falls off.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2012 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the responses and I really appreciate if everyone sends me an email so i can keep track as noted. I will end up having extra sets I am sure but at least make sure we account for everyone when the time comes in June and production should be in the process/ done.
Feel free to ask general questions here so anyone who can see some frequesntly asks questions.
I am going to look for some regular factory tint glass made by FYG and post. I must have 2,000 + pictures we utilize mostly for Ebay. As for the smoked gray glass these have not been made before for this but I have some on file. I will post when i can find some that are good pictures showing the proper light. They will be more of a gray or darker bronze look. Door glasses for the front cannot be as dark a shading coefficient as the rears you will see on Trucks and sport uitlities.

As for shipping to Canada, we will send any way you prefer but we do not have a Fed Ex account set up.. we should and maybe we will again soon. I do realize UPS hits for some hefty brokerage. Of course if it was several sets split amongst a few folks it would be reasonable. I am sure there maybe a few for Ontario, Quebec and Maintoba, BC etc which maybe worthwhile.
Thanks for the response so far. I will update later next week with the totals we are having run. Richard
PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by prosource:
We do ship worldwide so additional rates would have to be secured.

Can you quote for the UK using USPS (the others have painful handling charges) please and thank you? I know that at least one other UK owner is interested.

Cheers
PK
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
email sent.
ULTRA-kV6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ULTRA-kV6Send a Private Message to ULTRA-kV6Direct Link to This Post
email sent.
cunninghamsean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cunninghamseanSend a Private Message to cunninghamseanDirect Link to This Post
email sent
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
are we supposed to get any replies from our emails as I asked a question regarding getting a windshield but I didn't get a response or an email confirming my door glass interest.
PFF
System Bot
flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2012 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobDirect Link to This Post
email sent
doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I had originally sent a pm.... is that good enough or should I send an email too
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
Since the supply of good window glass is in short supply, a new source should go over well. However I do not see how you are going to ship these so that they arrive in one piece. I would plan on a good degree of breakage and make a decent size over run. As for the smoked gray I believe that will look good but the "bronze" look that you mention scares me. Bronze is like a copper color. Perhaps you should get some pictures up of the look if not the window.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
with Dennis. The more black tint of GM privacy glass used on their truck's and SUV's in a 30-35% rabge is what I would want.
A bronze, or copper tint would not look good on my red car.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-05-2016).]

prosource

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for prosourceClick Here to visit prosource's HomePageSend a Private Message to prosourceDirect Link to This Post
Everyone will be getting a reply that sent an email. i think we are talking some from late Friday/ Saturday.. don't worry will try to answer all.. there is a lot of other stuff going on but I appreciate the business and the challenges it poses.

2 things of importance. i will get some pictures up of what the gray tint glass looks like soon. It will be more gray than bronze but the dark privacy glass as I mentioned is a no no on the front door glasses. It will definitely be more gray but just not as dark as you see on Suburbans, Tahoes etc for the rear glass and rear side glass.

I would not be too concerned with damages. We will stand behind all we send but I would be surprised if 1 set got broken. We ship glass as a business in our own custom boxes, strong cardbaord, bubble wrap etc. We can go months and send hundreds of pieces without breakage. these door glasses are no where near large so what many folks fear is not an issue with us.
We export to Europe regularly for a couple of customers- even there there is very little breakage.. to alleviate any concerns.

I did post that we can provide new Fiero windshields $100 picked up no freight in about 15 states in the US. These are the FYG brand Chinese windshields. I can look into possibly another brand but they would involve shipping charges from other vendors. I know that price is pretty good but I assume you can get it installed for well under $200 in some areas glass and labor. However for do it yourselfers it is a great deal.
Chris_narf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfDirect Link to This Post
Email sent

------------------
-Chris
'85 V6 SE 4sp (SOLD)
'88 GT Auto (fun car)
'99 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, owned since new
'03 Sentra SE-R Spec V (Daily driver)
'09 G37x w/ Premium & Nav (wife's car)

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Email sent.
FieroMontreal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2012 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealDirect Link to This Post
well you got me sold on a $100 windshield with my glass order. I'll confirm when I get a response to my email.

Thanks for your help to the Fiero community
Blacksheep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacksheepSend a Private Message to BlacksheepDirect Link to This Post
e-mail sent.
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

I did post that we can provide new Fiero windshields $100 picked up no freight in about 15 states in the US. These are the FYG brand Chinese windshields.

Can you give us some information on where we can find these? I need a windshield.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Tint is normally measured in percent. Do you know what percent tint the door windows will be?
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post

We export to Europe regularly

Can you quote for the UK using USPS (the others have painful handling charges) please and thank you? I know that at least one other UK owner is interested.

Cheers
PK

Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Email sent.
ICCAMDFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2012 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ICCAMDFIEROSend a Private Message to ICCAMDFIERODirect Link to This Post
Email sent!! cant wait!
OldsFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OldsFieroSend a Private Message to OldsFieroDirect Link to This Post
email sent.
thanks
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
email sent
E.Furgal

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-17-2012 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalDirect Link to This Post
email sent , still waiting on photo's to compare striaght (no tint) glass, oem tint glass and the gray/smoke tint, prosource is offering these windows in. To be able to make a choice..
thanks
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2012 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
e-mail sent

Nelson
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock