Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  So who bought the Testarossa Kit from Arlington, TX??

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

So who bought the Testarossa Kit from Arlington, TX?? by Rare87GT
Started on: 12-10-2012 01:02 AM
Replies: 27
Last post by: Anti-H8 GT on 12-15-2012 12:19 AM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I was planning on going to get the car, but someone else had wired him money before I could get down there. Just the way the ball goes. Anyone on here grab it, kind of curious to see the progress of it going back together as well.....

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
You must be speaking of the one that was on Craigslist.

I don't know who bought it, but whomever did got a really, REALLY good deal. They'll be able to finish that car for a heck of a lot less than it would taken to do that car from scratch.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I had a truck and trailer ready to go, but had to work and planned to go down on Thursday to get it. When I called back to tell them when I would be there, someone from Illinois was sending money. Guy's name was Chuck. Not sure who that could be on here....
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2012 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post
I know.......but I'm not telling....
hercimer01

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hercimer01Send a Private Message to hercimer01Direct Link to This Post
This Chuck?

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
It's not a big deal, just wish I would have taken the extra day off but I thought I could have gotten it on Thursday. Oh well, life goes on. Hope I at least get to see progress on it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Any pics from the ad ? how much did it sell for and how far along was the kit ?
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

I know.......but I'm not telling....

can you say if its comming up here

are MeraX and I gettin a little F-Car buddy??
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hercimer01:

This Chuck?

No, I'm sure THAT Chuck didn't buy it.

Archie
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
It was for sale for $4,500 and sold for that and had sat in this guys custom car shop for 10 years. Motor had maybe 10,000 on the rebuild and hadn't been started or ran since. Needed assembly of most of the parts, but the body, etc was complete. Obviously needed some work, but for that price it was a STEAL. The kit was very well put together from what I could see, and was one of the kits that Ferrari destroyed back in the day. I don't know a lot about the kits back then, but it didn't look like a hack job. I'm not sure if the frame had been stretched or not...it looked like it though. Pics below:

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 12-11-2012).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

I'm not sure if the frame had been stretched or not...it looked like it though.

Definitely was stretched.

PFF
System Bot
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Direct Link to This Post
That could be a Lovely car. Hopefully Chuck in IL will bring it out to some midwest shows.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 206
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

That could be a Lovely car. Hopefully Chuck in IL will bring it out to some midwest shows.

He's not from Illinois........

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Where is the stretch? engine bay does not looked stretched to me which is the 'usual' place. Did they chop the body in half and stretch it?

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

Where is the stretch?

I've seen a kit like that before. I think it's a 7-inch stretch (maybe 7 1/4 inches), inserted about 4 inches behind the firewall. There is also about a 1-inch vertical drop at the firewall, intended to lower the roofline at the rear to better match the 512TR profile. Note that this kit is intended to mimic the later 512TR version rather than the original Testarossa.

I'd be interested to know the original source of the body panels and interior. The custom dash is a nice touch, but it does not match the 512TR exterior. That's quibbling, however. Nice work so far.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 12-11-2012).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2012 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
It looks to me like the stretch is in the cabin.
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bloozberry:

I'm not quite clear where the stretch is. The b-pillars are definitely clearanced for the windows, but that is typical. Need a better shot of the engine.

Bob
Edit to post link to possible better source... http://www.madmechanics.com...ess-new-owner-2.html

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 12-12-2012).]

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Stock wheelbase. No stretch.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
The distance between the trailing edge of the door and the forward edge of the rear wheel house looks longer than stock to me.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2012 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

He's not from Illinois........

Ah ha sounds like a score for Michigan!

I bet dollars to donuts olejoesdad will be working on it.

Steve W
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Base Coupe
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I just want to see the build thread! Hopefully the person that bought it will document some of it at least and update us with pictures off and on.

-Amir
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post

The distance between the trailing edge of the door and the forward edge of the rear wheel house looks longer than stock to me.

It may well be a short wheelbase. It looks like the trailing edge of the door is moved forward giving the space between the door and wheelwell a longer look.
I thought the proportions looked off, I just thought it was the pictures. Still looks pretty good, or at least I've seen worse.

Bob

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
Interesting dog bone setup on that engine.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

I'm not quite clear where the stretch is ... Need a better shot of the engine.

After looking again, I do agree that the engine compartment looks too cramped to have a 7-inch stretch there:

ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2012 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
It's a nice looking car and for that money, I'd have risked the wife cutting bits of my anatomy off for it

------------------

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelDirect Link to This Post
There's no stretch.. the rear of the car sticks out further than a stock Fiero's.

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2012 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

The factory Fiero back window is directly behind the seats, no room for quarter windows unless it was stretched in the cabin. That also allows for the stock sized engine compartment.
Anti-H8 GT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2012 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Anti-H8 GTSend a Private Message to Anti-H8 GTDirect Link to This Post
Any idea if the guy who sold it was named Mike? I knew a guy about 10-11 years ago when I lived in Texas who started a TR kit, but I haven't spoken to him since and don't know if he ever finished it. I just remember helping him to test fit the body panels. And his kit was intended for a stock wheelbase too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock