Thanks for helping to stop a scam by coady
Started on: 03-22-2013 06:31 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: fireboss on 03-23-2013 09:02 PM
coady

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
Hello all,
Recently alot of us were taken for dupes when a person/persons attempted to steel our hard earned money. The person(s) involved were fieromister and lazertazer300. The scam appears to be out of Washington. The individual in question stole pictures from the internet of sought after parts and posted them as their own in an attempt to sell as many as possible. This would have worked but for the keen eye of many of our fellow brothers and sister. Long story short due to a lot of pressure from many of us it appears that the money has been refunded to everyone.
so I just wanted to say thank you to everyone of this site for being the family that made me feel so welcome when I first came here one 7 short months ago. Everyone here has shown that there is a great moral backbone that refuses to see anyone taken advantage off.
Ok rather than just rambling on I wish to extent my sincere gratitude to everyone.

Coady
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownDirect Link to This Post
Whoa! Apparently I just got ripped off then. This is the first I heard of this. I purchased a taillights panel from lazertazer300 last week. Awesome...
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post
bbbuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmppppppppppp
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-23-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Is this that same cat that keeps screwing this forum. RideZLighting and such?
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
man i hope not.. but if it is hope this time he realizes that he better move on....
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post
Probably and another I warned folks about but got red marks over it and a few times and a few years later he is on the rip off crap again. I warned everyone way back when he played the seat game with all the blame going to his father on the return money. Just like I warned everyone on the Katrina scam and so many got bent with me until many lost thousands of dollars from that episode also. That is one area the ratings bar can hurt you. Rick B

[This message has been edited by SuperchargedV6 (edited 03-23-2013).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Rick... I think many of us have realized that this is not the "quiet, benevolant community" that we'd like to believe it is.
I was forced to admit that again, fairly recently.
Many times it just depends on the attitude of the person leveling the accusations.
(As with most anything else, it's not what's said, but how it's said.)

Take care, man.

As for the original post... I've never even heard of either of those people. I was like

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-23-2013).]

Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
On an open public forum like this, scams are easy to perpetuate. So how does a potential buyer guard against being ripped off?
Here is what I do.
1. Check how long the seller has been on this forum. If its 5, 10 or more years, that seller is most likely honest.
2. Ask for references here. Anyone deal with so and so? Impression? Anyone know this person?
3. Check to see if the seller has a star rating in the mall section.
4. Ask for the sellers full name, phone number, location, email and address. Verify the address, email and call him/herand speak to them before buying anything
5. Try to pay using paypal so you have buyer protection.

You can never stop all scams but if you are cautious you can minimize the chance of getting screwed. Over the years we have seen our share of scam artists here but most have been thrown off.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 03-23-2013).]

coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
Great words Mr. LaGrua. Very well said.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Smells like FOY!
coady

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for coadySend a Private Message to coadyDirect Link to This Post
who is foy must be before my time here.....
PFF
System Bot
fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

1. Check how long the seller has been on this forum. If its 5, 10 or more years, that seller is most likely honest.
2. Ask for references here. Anyone deal with so and so? Impression? Anyone know this person?
3. Check to see if the seller has a star rating in the mall section.
4. Ask for the sellers full name, phone number, location, email and address. Verify the address, email and call him/herand speak to them before buying anything
5. Try to pay using paypal so you have buyer protection.

If I can add to your list..
6.If a picture of item is present...use Google Image Search.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock