TRiAD!!! That B18C1 Del Sol by DXR_DAD
Started on: 08-18-2001 07:15 PM
Replies: 21
Last post by: DXR_DAD on 08-22-2001 01:34 AM
DXR_DAD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Not sure I want to do this, with all the classifications and names for cars and their drivers that we have had on the forum!! Most of you have seen some of my cars others have seen pics so, I'm Just a car guy I like them all, Imports, old school hot rods, FIEROS!

TRiAD you can jump in anytime.

This is my Del Sol, and yes this is the B18c1

The Little Black Toy in front

Someone said something about the hood clearance?? Not a problem even with a strut tower brace the engine sits nicely. With a Carbon Fiber Hood.

The web sit that talked about this not being a good swap because of fit ???? they talked about hacking up the fender well for the front mount...I didn't! This is that mount:

Rear mount:

DXR_DAD

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post

A visit from a forum member and his GT

DXR_DAD

[This message has been edited by DXR_DAD (edited 08-18-2001).]

DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post

DXR_DAD

2440 posts
Member since Mar 99
Now with all that said,

I don't have any # on the HP of the car
Is the car finished? NO
Did I race Loren's GT? NO

And the big Question, Is this a
"Del Sloooooow" I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!

Thanks DXR_DAD

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
LOL!

I didn't know you had one of these! Rock on!

yeah, someone had found info on the B18C1 NOT fitting in a CRX, and thought since the del Sol was technically a CRX III, that it meant it wouldn't fit in there either.

Thanks for shedding some more light on the truth.

NICE car!

Oh, stock, your engine has 178HP...what mods have you done? Are you on www.teamdelsol.com ?

Thanks agin, have a good one!

~Michael

------------------
Michael ~ triadtuning@hotmail.com
-----------------

Photoshop rendering of planned exterior modifications.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
I have to say it. That carbon fibre hood looks BAD. Ugh.

The rest is Ok. Kudos to someone who actually made one of these things move I love how PACKED that engine bay looks. Lots of KY and a BIG shoehorn, hmm?

I saw a civic CRX with what looked like exactly the same motor. Only this one had the cam covers polished. No, his hood DIDN'T clear it. He had a big chunk lopped out. Looked decent, and his exhaust system actually sounded decent. Oh, that and the thing moved like a rabid mongoose.

What do you know? I've seen 2 non-ricer import tuners this week

DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2001 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Complete custom exhaust & headers
programmable ECU APEXi controller
Adjustable cam gears
under pulleys
Cold air intake

And the list goes on??

I'll be in touch with you soon!!!!for a little info

Thanks DXR_DAD

artherd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2001 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for artherdClick Here to visit artherd's HomePageSend a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Awesome!!!!! Thanks for clearing the air a bit on these cars and this swap. I gotta wonder why there's so much BS floating around about mods like this.

We should swap broken northstar getrags and dohc motors 'too big to fit' sometime, grin!

Carbon hoods look neat in person, but my preference is to paint (but that's a personal thing) OR have the entire car in carbon is fun too :)

How much did your hood cost? Raw materials for carbon cost me a pretty penny, there's gotta be $1k in woven sheet there alone!

Best!
Ben.

------------------

Ben Cannon
88 Formula, T-top Metalic Red
88 Formula, Silver
87 Coupe, Metalic Red
"Every Man Dies, not every man really Lives"
-Mel Gibson, "Braveheart"

Galen
No longer registered
Report this Post08-19-2001 05:38 AM   Send a Private Message to artherdDirect Link to This Post
Sweet car, always like Del Sols.. but still, my souls still on the table for that Red Z/28.. I have always wanted one with a split bumper..

------------------
Ray - galen@ezrpg.com - www.FieroLinks.f2s.com
AIM: GalenRPG - ICQ: 98668558

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2001 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Sorry, I should clarify. Carbonfibre hoods are fine. It's when the rest of your car's painted, and you leave the hood bare, so that it looks more like carbon fibre that you need a slap.

I agree, if the whole car was the same color, it'd be neater. Too bad Carbon Fibre looks awful on large surface areas.

Pilrulz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2001 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PilrulzSend a Private Message to PilrulzDirect Link to This Post
just a question, but have you ever considered teg type r cams and a cr-v bottom end? (crvtec)

pil

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2001 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pilrulz:
just a question, but have you ever considered teg type r cams and a cr-v bottom end? (crvtec)

pil

The B20 is a common question...
It's MUCH easier to do the H22A, which is bigger, already VTEC, and readily available and serviceable. A B20 VTEC conversion is simply re-inventing the wheel, onluy smaller...

PFF
System Bot
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2001 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
I thought about a super charger.

J/K

DXR_DAD

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2001 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post
There's a few options that way...

I recommend Jackson Racing, with our 10psi pulley. You'll gain a dyno-proven 100HP at the wheels... I've not had trouble with this setup, but I don't recommend "cheap" gas, or any more boost.

email me...

triadtuning@hotmail.com

Pilrulz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2001 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PilrulzSend a Private Message to PilrulzDirect Link to This Post
H22? i always heard it was tough to put prelude motors in civics because civic motors are tilted forward and prelude motors tilt back towards the firewall. just what i've heard, not trying to start an argument or anything.

pil

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2001 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Turns out that I work with a fella that knows the guy with the white CRX. It's a blown B18C out of a GSX(I think that's what he said. That sound right?) in it. The guy runs high 13s-low 14s. Having huge problems with traction and wheel hop. Apparantly looks like a stage rocket through the whole 1/4.
I'm impressed.
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2001 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pilrulz:
H22? i always heard it was tough to put prelude motors in civics because civic motors are tilted forward and prelude motors tilt back towards the firewall. just what i've heard, not trying to start an argument or anything.

pil

No problem.

To answer your question, here are now "bolt-in" kits for the H22 in all Civics, from 92 on. It takes care of the motor mount problems.
Hope that answers your question..

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2001 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
There's even an article in this month's Sport Compact Car Magazine on how to swap an H22 into a Civic. I believe they were using a '92 Civic in the article.
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2001 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Seems to have a traction prob. too! Just driving around the streets humping on it here and there???? I do need to find the right tires for it??? It has a new clutch in it still in the (break-in stage)? so I'm not to hard on it.

DXR_DAD

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2001 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
DXR: heheh... Yeah...
Small car + light weight + short wheelbase + FWD + MASSIVELY OVERPOWERED ENGINE = Bald tires

If and when that thing hooks up, it's GONE. No idea what kind of power (I do know it's 0 RWHP... )that thing's belting out, but I know that he goes through tires like Nobody's business (Nobody being his tire-guy).

1FST2M6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2001 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1FST2M6Click Here to visit 1FST2M6's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1FST2M6Direct Link to This Post
who did the swap? what kit did they use? Place racing? the CRVtec works but traction is REALLY limited.. just like a H22 with a s/c. their belting out 220 at the wheels and destroying HEAVY 18s. the 14s on 555Rs and kazz diffs won't hold it. the lower displacement engiens don't have the low end torque that really just wastes more time spinning where the B18- or B16 will have a car length on them already.

uum 100 dyno proven HP from more boost only? uum 10hp per 1psi @ 100% efficency. (on a roots type J/R) an intercooled Turbo or centrifugal yea.. but not roots.

my friends S/C Focus i changed it to the 10spi pulley up from the 4psi one and this is what i gained. the heat fromt he s/c kills most of the HP is should be making... we're working on the nasty fuel shutter but it still pulls like a train.

B series engines are from Integra GS-R, and the 99 Si. a few from the 93 gs-r (1.7l) or true J-spec Civic not JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) that ever japanese car here in the states. the GSX is a Diamond star. B and some H designations are Vtec the D and A heads are DOHC and SOHC older blocks.. brown top integra and stock DX/LX Accord LXI. or ZC (Au, J, and UK spec SI civic)

how do you like your AFC? mine cleaned up my fuel issues ad sold all my problems... no more lame black smoke at idle. what clutch are you using? We're using ACT and Star.

just my $.02... Civic are fun to play with but a bit to common... i'll stick to my old school heavy toy.

nice ride!!

Mach10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2001 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
1fst: My feelings exactly. As much as I am a tech-nut, I feel that since everyone and their dog is doing up hondas (most not doing it right), I'd prefer to stick to my current choice
PFF
System Bot
DXR_DAD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2001 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DXR_DADSend a Private Message to DXR_DADDirect Link to This Post
Mach10, I feel ya . This just isn't the same as a "68" Camaro, but it's just another toy something to play with.

1FST2M6, I just got back from my fiero club meeting, and drove the Del Sol, felt good on the freeway! The AFC is nice to have but I'm still playing with it. I've got a Ram Powergrip Clutch. ASP in San Francisco did the swap. Ok I'm going out to drive my Fiero "The Little Black Toy"

DXR_DAD

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock