Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Pictures of the car after the accident. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Pictures of the car after the accident. by derangedsheep
Started on: 11-26-2004 12:35 AM
Replies: 47
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 12-02-2004 11:37 PM
derangedsheep

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
Some of you had asked if i had pictures of the car. I got some so here they are. Theres a picture of the car still against the pole on the front page of the local paper and if i can get my neighbor to scan it for me ill try to put it up later on, maybe tomorrow.

This is where I was sitting, right behind the driver. You can see my sneaker wedged in there. The floor accordioned and crushed my shoe into it.

Here are the skidmarks leading up to the pole. If you follow them exactly the car would have did a headon. But when it hit the dirt, the back end kicked around and thats how we went sideways into it.

-Steve

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mattm

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
OMG
88red4cyl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattm:

OMG

That's exactly what I was thinking. That was a nasty accident..

justa6

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justa6Send a Private Message to justa6Direct Link to This Post
wow
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
and your on this forum how??? that is amazing... why did it go sideways THAT FAST???

------------------
'86 Fiero GT
My Fiero XoticRydz Mid-Rear Madness

Be Excellent To Each Other" - Bill S. Preston Esquire Ted Theadore Logan

APShaughnessy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for APShaughnessySend a Private Message to APShaughnessyDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap!! And your still alive?? Dude, someone is lookin out for you BIG TIME. Does it hurt looking back at the photos? I've always wondered if being hurt so badly, and then coming back and looking at the photos did anything mentally or physically.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Steve I think we can fix that.

You are one lucky dog.
Little brother you better start building up some KARMA cause you are in the negative after that one.

------------------
Capable of extraordinary mental processes, such as mental telepathy POKEY transmits his super psychic forces To will steve(derangedsheep) back to health.
Save the Sheep.
Member of the get your azz better brigade.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 11-26-2004).]

edhering

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
OMG

That was a car??

Don't buy a lottery ticket. You'll be wasting your money.

It's a miracle anybody survived that.

Ed

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Wow, buddy, glad to see you survived that pretty much intact. Bones heal...please remember this lesson the rest of your (hopefully long) life. You dodged a bullet there.

-FieroRumor

boristheblade

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boristhebladeClick Here to visit boristheblade's HomePageSend a Private Message to boristhebladeDirect Link to This Post
Holy shnikeys.
That should buff right out.
In all seriousness, it's good to see that you made it out of there in one piece man.
How exactly did you manage to leave the road on that straight?
Jeremiah

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, a little ducttape and some trashbags and those cars will be back up by tomorrow.

PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Holy crap! Well, at least the speaker still looks ok.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
*slack-jawed gawk* Wow man. Hard to believe that "car" had people in it when that happened. (I am glad you're okay.)

- Flamberge

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I don't recall if anybody answered my question on the other thread... Was anybody wearing seatbelts???
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 398
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
im speechless, you are lucky...Damn lucky my friend
fierogirls-mom

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 04:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogirls-momSend a Private Message to fierogirls-momDirect Link to This Post
Holy Poop Batman!

Steve, looking at that car, I'm surprised anyone made it out alive.
It was a 2000 Sunfire wasn't it? Scary, that's what my daughter drives.
You should count your lucky stars!

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 05:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I'm speechless.

You were obviously being watched over.
(Okay. I lied. NOW I'm speechless.)

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else see an Ecotec up for grabs? j/k

Man, glad you got out of that one ok. There is nothing left of that car.

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2004 06:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I am still feeling numb and cold..You´d better be careful from now on...if you were a cat,I guess you would only have the life you have ,left..
To all you "Racers"..is it worth your ego to take a chance like this?? And this was on a straight road..My sadness at this carnage cannot be put into words.I am so happy that you survived..but my condolences must go to the other unfortunate casualty.
Please Folks, let´s hope this is the last time photos of this nature will be posted on this Forum.
fierofetish

------------------
RESPONSIBILITY WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING.USE IT WISELY.

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2004 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Dear gahod man!!!

Count your blessings dewd.

Wolfhound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WolfhoundClick Here to visit Wolfhound's HomePageSend a Private Message to WolfhoundDirect Link to This Post
Unbelieveable damage. Looking at the skid marks makes me think the driver was breaking for some activity at the intersection. Either someone stopped to turn or someone pulling out of the side road.
Another point, most people don't realise, is 4 people add a considerable amount of weight to a car, effecting breaking.
You are very lucky to be with us.

[This message has been edited by Wolfhound (edited 11-26-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post

damn man! as said before someone was watching you, stay safe.

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Bought any lottery tickets yet, 'cause you are one lucky bastard IMO!

Loki

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LokiSend a Private Message to LokiDirect Link to This Post
Ummmm, ummmmm, ummmmm errrr. DAMN!!!!!!!

------------------

www.FieroLoki.com

blackie2m6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackie2m6Click Here to visit blackie2m6's HomePageSend a Private Message to blackie2m6Direct Link to This Post
OMG: You really are lucky.
Take care

On a side note: Did you get anything in the mail yet?

------------------

FIEROPHREK

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROPHREKSend a Private Message to FIEROPHREKDirect Link to This Post
First off let me say i'm glad your recovery is going good . Man you are so lucky to be alive! What was the driver thinking speeding like that with 4 people in the car on a road like that? I know i do my fair share but i'm solo when that happens. Maybe just young and stupid i guess, although i can't say to much "been there done that". I guess it really does take getting older to see the stupidy of our actions when we were young. So which seat were you in and did you have your seatbelt on ?
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
I can't believe anyone made it out of that! Speechless!

------------------

Custom-Shaved HandBuilt!!
FIRST-EVER-- CHOPTOP--WIDEBODY GT!!
4.9L-V8--5-Speed starting swap soon

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable that anyone survived!
We still must remember that at least one young person did not
My prayers also go out to her and her family.

As everyone else has already said, you are one very lucky person.
We hope your recovery continues to go as well as it has
But.... remember that day well for as long as you live so you can hopefully avoid it ever happening to you again as well as maybe even help keep it from happening to someone you know.

[This message has been edited by Fiero5 (edited 11-26-2004).]

Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Wow Steveo! That is crazy! I'm just glad we still have you!

BTW - Sunday looks like the day we'll be over...couldn't get ahold of Grandma this morning. If Sunday's bad let us know!

Jen

FieroGT87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT87Send a Private Message to FieroGT87Direct Link to This Post
OMG, that is unreal, and you survived. I'm..... speachless.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I missed that thread I haven't been online much in the last 6 months.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-26-2004 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
You mentioned a sneaker, but try as I might, I can't identify enough parts in the photos to tell what is what. It's too messed up for me to think of it in terms of being a car. I imagine this is what a car would look like if it ran through a blender.

How close were you to the friend that died?

JazzMan

PFF
System Bot
sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
Wow, Its amazing that that was a car at one point.
Glad to see you made it out okay!

-Sara

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:
why did it go sideways THAT FAST???

We(my family) isnt sure why it spun on its side. The only thing my dad and I can come up with is that one of the front wheels was skidding and when it hit the dirt it caught and the car swung around.

Originally posted by APShaughnessy:
Does it hurt looking back at the photos?

Not at all. I think its because i dont remember any of the accident; or most of the day for that matter. I remember up till about 1130 or so on Monday (day of the accident) and then i dont remember a thing until Tuesday or Wednesday (the days in the hospital kind of blended all together).

Originally posted by boristheblade:
How exactly did you manage to leave the road on that straight?

Since I don't remember anything I couldnt tell you. But the guy who was in the back with me remembers everything and he says the driver was just screwing around at high speeds.

Originally posted by ryan.hess:
I don't recall if anybody answered my question on the other thread... Was anybody wearing seatbelts???

Everyone was except the driver.

fierogirls-mom - It was a 2000 Sunfire. I also wanted to thank you for the card you sent.

Originally posted by blackie2m6:
On a side note: Did you get anything in the mail yet?

Yes I got your card. Thank you very much.

Originally posted by FIEROPHREK:
So which seat were you in and did you have your seatbelt on ?

I was in the back behind the driver. Yes, my seatbelt was on. I always put it on its a reflex.

Originally posted by JazzMan:
You mentioned a sneaker, but try as I might, I can't identify enough parts in the photos to tell what is what.

How close were you to the friend that died?

If you follow the line of the seatback straight down you can kind of make out the Adidas logo on the heal of the shoe.

I wasn't really close with her. But we had talked before and were pretty friendly. She was also my neighbor from up the street.

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Dude! That is bad. Isn't it amazing how the tracks go straight for the pole when there was all of that space in between them?
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
WOW Thats freaking insane.. Sheep glad your ok man.. but...
The pole being there is Murphy's law in work.. I don't know how many times I've seen this happen.. Three times for myself, But Lone objects like that act like magnets in an accident.
Be it a pole out of nowhere, a single house on a country road, one tree in the middle of a Field, even a mail box with nothing around. If your going to slide off the road these items always seem to be the stopping points. Very seldom do you miss them, it always seems like the car wanted to heard right for them! (reason I have removed two front ends on the 308) So weird..
But man... hope this acted as a lesson to everyone. Not scared, just wizened up everyone. After I had the same thing happen with people in the car (not as bad though) I Vowed to never go really fast with anyone else in the car (does mess with the handling) and this is why I never took anyone above 100 in my Pantera. Though I did make a few passes at near 200mph with others driving by me alone LOL..
Just be safe!!!!!!!

------------------

Ferrari 308 GTB rebody on a modified 86SE chasis Soon to have a highly hooped up 3800SC..Ohh yeah baby!!
Contacts _ AIM / Zildjianfx _ Yahoo / djdraggin
Remember, always brush your milk, drink your teeth, dont do sleep and get eight hours of drugs.

jetman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 273
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetmanClick Here to visit jetman's HomePageSend a Private Message to jetmanDirect Link to This Post
God has given you a second chance in life. No other way to explain it after seeing the pictures. Glad to hear that you are doing better, how is your family doing through all of this?
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Holy Sheep! I found your sneaker and I'm wondering how they got your foot out of it.

On a side note, not all of that damage is from the crash. The fire department rips through anything they have to to get to you. They least they did was cut the roof off, and I'm sure they tore up more stuff than that. The people are the priority, and its not like the car was savable at that point.

pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post

My first photo shop edit

webbee

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webbeeSend a Private Message to webbeeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DjDraggin:

The pole being there is Murphy's law in work.. I don't know how many times I've seen this happen.. Three times for myself, But Lone objects like that act like magnets in an accident.
Be it a pole out of nowhere, a single house on a country road, one tree in the middle of a Field, even a mail box with nothing around. If your going to slide off the road these items always seem to be the stopping points. Very seldom do you miss them, it always seems like the car wanted to heard right for them!

That's been my observation over the period too. Really strange how that works out.

Thanks for the pictures, wow...

Sorry you had to go through that. Man you are one lucky sob to be posting after that crunch.

sarabear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2004 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sarabearSend a Private Message to sarabearDirect Link to This Post
Sheepy, did you get my card? I hope so, I sent it like 2 weeks ago.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock