Started on: 07-26-2007 03:00 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: cliffw on 07-27-2007 08:43 AM
tutnkmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post
Long story short and no names to protect everyone's privacy:

We had a fund raiser for our charity this last weekend. We came into conflict with the promotions person about some money. We tried to be exceedingly polite and professional with this person but they became increasingly defensive and rude. We called the Police to investigate, did not want to. We wanted to work with the promoter in a civilized and professional manner. Now the Police and the lawyers are involved.

The promoter then sent an e-mail threatening to call the IRS, the Health Department and the SPCA on us (for what we don't know really, just harassment). They have at least followed through with the Health Department. I called them Monday morning and they said they did have a complaint from this person. I INVITED them here for an inspection, as we have nothing to hide.

I guess the sheik new way of getting revenge on someone is to use a government agency Last year a person quit and proceeded to call the State Medical Inspector on Dr. Spector, our organization President, he was cleared of any wrongdoing. Then they called Adult Family Services claiming Dr. Spector had been abused. Again cleared off all suspicion.

I try to remain professional and polite, but, I am beginning to loathe this crap, and these people!

From this point on we do all fund-raising in-house.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 07-26-2007).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Tres chic...this isn't the beginning of a good trend for you involving women, is it?
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
We get that all of the time. When bids for work are read aloud at a public letting, Everyone knows what everyone else's bid price is. There's one company in particular that, if we beat their price, we can count on having the fire marshall, the building inspectors, DHEC, OSHA and OCRM all breathing down our necks within a few days. All from "annonymous" tips. We also get every single one of our dump trucks pulled over and inspected. Most of the time we just brush it off and move on. But one time we got sick of it and put in an annonymous tip of our own. Ended up costing the guy a good bit because he was caught using offroad diesel fuel in his onroad trucks. A big no no in South Carolina. But that only kept him quiet for about six months. Then he was right back at it.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post07-26-2007 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post
Over a fund raiser thats just petty.

I deal with inspections from OSHA from the union getting pissy when I under bid them. They learned not to picket my place of business (home).
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

Ended up costing the guy a good bit because he was caught using offroad diesel fuel in his onroad trucks. A big no no in South Carolina.

A big "no no" here too
tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2007 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

tutnkmn

3426 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Vonov:

Tres chic...this isn't the beginning of a good trend for you involving women, is it?

[defensive] Did I say it was a woman? I didn't say it was a woman [/defensive] LOL

But there is a very extreme probability, quite possibly, a good likelihood it very well may have been a woman

I think I'll become a Monk.

--------------------------------------------
"And YOU!! You know what happens NEXT! You wouldn't listen, you wouldn't STOP!!!........"
Doctor Who - from the episode: "The Last of the Time Lords."

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 07-26-2007).]

FieroAngel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroAngelSend a Private Message to FieroAngelDirect Link to This Post
Sadly people are using government agencies for revenge often. My mom was a social worker for years and she'd always get BS calls from people not really needing to be called on just someone wanting revenge. Calls like this take away from the calls that really need investagated and I'm sure that goes for all agencies like this. This makes me miss the days when a quick fight in the yard would settle most disagreements and everything was cool again afterwards.
Angie
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2007 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Fight fire with fire. What is good for the goose, is good for the gander. Who does not have a skeleton in the closet?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock