Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
   child dieing from cancer gets his dream car!! A fiero! :)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

child dieing from cancer gets his dream car!! A fiero! :) by firstfiero
Started on: 11-26-2009 07:17 AM
Replies: 20
Last post by: Derek_85GT on 11-27-2009 11:17 AM
firstfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 172
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstfieroSend a Private Message to firstfieroDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
GOOD JOB guys. Everyone have a great holiday.
DjDraggin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DjDragginSend a Private Message to DjDragginDirect Link to This Post
What a awesome story to read waking up on Thanksgiving day! thank you..... and since I don't venture far from OT these days.. can you link to the orig post? WOW. Outstanding everyone, and best wishes Tyler!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
DJ,

Here's Tyler's original post - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...2/HTML/104362-2.html

And here's the thread about the project - https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/078180.html
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Great Job Guys.

Jim
Shad0wguy

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
It's cool that the project is getting some publicity, but would it have killed them to give PFF some props, cause it never would have happened without this forum.
Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Andy, you got a lot of respect coming from me. First, for being willing to serve this great country or ours, and second, for getting the ball rolling on this project.

Good job, my friend.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shad0wguy:

It's cool that the project is getting some publicity, but would it have killed them to give PFF some props, cause it never would have happened without this forum.

I have to respond to this one, and please don't take it the wrong way. This was in no way, shape, or form a way to get props. This was all about Tyler, and had nothing to do with egos. I even asked the reporters I got to talk to, to keep this about Tyler. And for the most part, they did a good job of it.

This was our props:

[This message has been edited by Hulki U. My-BFF (edited 11-26-2009).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
And that is what makes me respect you for it... It was not about anyone's ego.

I watched all the videos yesterday and sat here all misty eyed. It was a great thing that the Fiero community did.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Agreed Songman, and Tyler is kind of humble and quiet, but his smile speaks volumes. I hope and pray for a miracle for him. The whole family is just amazing, and you can tell they are so close. If anyone deserves a miracle, this family does.
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
Props ...........maybe not.
But who is going to know of this Forum if no
one pushes it to front and center.
I read some of the comments from the Star Bulletin , and one said "what a waste of money". I wan
ted to respond but had to jump thru too many hoops.
There is nothing wrong with mentrioning the Forum because otherwise we are just dummies collecting "old cars"
I don't see how you could have achieved the project without the Forum.
Good job............fantastic job................ to all who helped...............Cliff
PFF
System Bot
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Man, you guys ROCK! An amazing thing to do, and that you didn't want any credit makes you all the cooler for it!
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post
I can't bring myself to read the full article. I tear up just reading that little bit.

You guys are a dream come true for Tyler. Good form!

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-26-2009).]

htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
The greatest satisfaction of accomplishment is not through attention, but by the expression on the receivers face.

PFF doesn't need props. The satisfaction on the recipients' face says it all.

Well done people.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by never2old:

I read some of the comments from the Star Bulletin , and one said "what a waste of money". I wan
There is nothing wrong with mentrioning the Forum because otherwise we are just dummies collecting "old cars"
Good job............fantastic job................ to all who helped...............Cliff

This is not about pushing the forum. It's not about notoriety in the least. If anyone gave on this project solely to get a pat on the back, then they gave for all the wrong reasons. This was Tyler's day, not Pennock's day, not Hulki's day, not limelight day. Tyler's day, period. And trust me when I tell you, no one person on this project was any more important than anyone else, whether they gave $10 or $1,000. The people involved in this project at all got their thanks when Tyler sat in the car and became the happiest kid in the world.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
We don't need no stinkin news article to tell us we are a graat bunch of folks.
even if we can't type or spell.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-26-2009).]

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

We don't need no stinkin news article to tell us we are a graat bunch of folks.
even if we can't type or spell.

yesser yesser
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Wow...PFF...THE most amazing place on the net. I am humbled, once again, to be a part of this community. You guys SO rock.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
From now on, whenever I feel there's no hope for mankind and that nobody gives a damn about anything other than themselves, I'll think of Tyler and what a bunch of people who mostly knew each other only on the internet did - just because they wanted to do something for somebody.

You all have restored my faith. Thank you.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by never2old:

I tried to be in the Tyler's Chat during most of the build ( I got to sleep whereas the builders didn't) There were many many people in there that had never heard of a Fiero before. I must have posted a link to PFF 10+ times. And there were others doing the same thing.

I don't believe that we were posting a link to PFF to get more members during the rebuild. My goal was to get information about the Fiero out, and PFF is the best place to do quickly.

We currently (without looking) have 17,000+ members. While I for one welcome more members, I didn't think we really needed to be "pushed to the center" Not during Tylers time.

Brad

Derek_85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Derek_85GTSend a Private Message to Derek_85GTDirect Link to This Post
You guys did awesome, I couldn't participate but seeing the pictures from the build and the smile on Tyler's face made me tear up here at work. It is an awesome thing to see a community come together to help those in need. I saw it happen in October first hand when the Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association lost a member and now I just did a lot of reading and catch up about the Tyler Project.

Just awesome guys (and gals).

~ Derek

[This message has been edited by Derek_85GT (edited 11-27-2009).]

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay