Do you have a bucket list?? by LuckyStrike
Started on: 11-08-2010 07:45 PM
Replies: 30
Last post by: tbone42 on 02-14-2011 01:04 AM
LuckyStrike

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LuckyStrikeSend a Private Message to LuckyStrikeDirect Link to This Post
Theres alot i wanna do before the man upstairs calls my name:
10: Run a marathon
9: backpack thru Europe ( not sure how to "backpack" but i will figure it out lol)
8: own/restore a 65 gto ( This would be tops on my dads list, but it def. belongs on mine too)
7: meet Travis Pastana and hang out! (i already were his shoes, might as well meet the guy)
6: Finish my fiero ( this should be higher on the list, But is a fiero truly ever finished?)
5: marry the girl of my dreams! (anyone know anybody lol)
4: see my children into adulthood
3: finish my college degree
2: Ride a Practice session with Jeremy McGrath
1: Feel my life has been successful

Theres a ton more i'd love to do, but these are what i strive for the most! I know some of them, ill never get a chance too but i can still dream!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Pastrana is also on my list . One of my main ones is exceed 200mph.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
I have no expectations or goals. Life is not about what you want to do, after I understood that, everything I got to do that I wanted to do was gravy.
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2010 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post
Plastic bucket
galvinized bucket
beer bucket
car-washing bucket
garden bucket
floor-washing bucket
paint bucket.
spare-change bucket.

Ya know, my bucket list is too long.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Not any more.

Not even a bucket.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
I have a long bucket list, but I think I used it to put the hot ashes from the fireplace in last year.

Lets see. No particular order.

1. Hike across the Country from Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific.
2. "Tour" Alaska for a few months.
3. Build a 32 Chevy sedan. (All plans in my head, use it to tour #2)
4. Skydive.
5. Go to a real opera.
6. Watch the sunrise from Spain.
7. Hike the Appalachian Trail.
8. Be able to truly retire before I die.

Brad

[This message has been edited by twofatguys (edited 11-08-2010).]

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by twofatguys:

I have a long bucket list, but I think I used it to put the hot ashes from the fireplace in last year.

Lets see. No particular order.

1. Hike across the Country from Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific.
2. "Tour" Alaska for a few months.
3. Build a 32 Chevy sedan. (All plans in my head, use it to tour #2)
4. Skydive.
5. Go to a real opera.
6. Watch the sunrise from Spain.
7. Hike the Appalachian Trail.
8. Be able to truly retire before I die.

Brad

More and more im amazed at how much you and i think alike Brad.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Is a bucket list a list of chicks you would only do if they would wear a bucket over their head?

That's 1.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Is a bucket list a list of chicks you would only do if they would wear a bucket over their head?

That's 1.

I beg to differ, it looks more like #2 to me.

Brad
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Although perfect for someone who has a "Lion King" fetish.
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

That's 1.

Add+1 to the PUKE bucket
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Threesome...
200mph on a motorcycle...
Travel Europe...
Never get arrested...
Try black tar heroin...
Threesome...
Get everything Seth Macfarlane has ever done cancelled...
Foursome...
Ride a horse bareback and not get thrown...

Wait - this was just a random outpooring of babble and not an actual bucket list.

Carry on
Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Phaeton (edited 02-13-2011).]

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LuckyStrike:

Topic: Do you have a bucket list??

Yes ... but almost every remaining entry involves sex and women I have not (yet) met. (Some have been there for 50+ years!) Oh, yeah ... and one of them involves a woman and the International Space Station. Most of the entries that don't involve sex, and quite a few of them that do, are already checked off.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 11-10-2010).]

Formula Owner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula OwnerSend a Private Message to Formula OwnerDirect Link to This Post
In no particular order:

- See my daughters graduate college.
- See my daughters get married.
- Do a 100 mile ride on a bicycle (a century).
- Do a bicycle tour of Europe.
- Do a motorcycle tour of the US.
- Save somebody's life.
- Do a multi day superbike school.
- Visit Yellowstone (the national park).
- Visit the Grand Canyon (again).
- Visit Hawaii (again).
- Visit Israel & see the places where Jesus lived & taught.
- Shoot a fully automatic weapon.
- Fly an airplane.
- Build a home with high energy efficiency, and with solar heating that uses so little power that the power company comes out to investigate.
- Drive a Ferrari.
- Drive a Lamborghini.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
My wife gave me a bucket list.
1. Do the dishes.
2. Do the laundry.
3. Mow the lawn.
4. Vacuum the house.
5. Clean the bathroom.

Unfortunately, I only have until the end of the day to complete the bucket list, so I better get off of PFF.

Jim
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by LuckyStrike:

3: finish my college degree

Do this, if you can afford it. You never know what it could lead to, and possibly, how many other of the items on your bucket-list may come to fruition as a result of you having had (or getting) a degree.

I don't have a bucket-list so much as I have a series of goals that I want to accomplish. I honestly believe that a man without goals, is simply no man at all. Or the more politically correct version is a person without goals, is no true person at all. We have followers, and we have leaders... and the world simply has no patience for a follower. That does not mean that everyone needs to become President of the United States; however, we much each strive to become a leader in our own right.

Each man I believe will experience a time in his or her life life where he must step up to the plate and make a critical decision that will have a profound effect on the world, or at the very least, his community. The question is, will you be ready when that time comes?

I live my life not moment to moment, but year to year. I always have goals, no matter how small or large they are. I constantly strive to apply myself, improve myself, and question myself. There are set-backs, and I know that I've had several. There are tragedies, successes, and everything in between. As I've said in the past, the true test of a man is not in how he handles his successes, but in how he handles his failures. I truely believe this. I have had crushing defeat in my life, which I am sure pales in comparison to the defeat that many others have experienced. But what must a man do when faced with epic failure? Does he wallow in self pity, or does he dust himself off and fight harder than ever before?

That is how every member of my family lives their lives, and that's how I intend to live my life, and teach my daughter to live hers.

What rewards and / or experiences that result from my exposure to life will be what they may... my bucket list is to ensure that I've worked the hardest in everything I do, both in success and in failure.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm...

Be in control of a wheeled ground vehicle in excess of 200 MPH
Be in control of an aircraft higher than 50K ft
Be in control of an aircraft in excess of 2000 MPH
Jump from an aircraft in excess of 100K ft (by extension skydiving is on my bucket list because to train for the 100K ft jump would require extensive training in the art of skydiving)
Get seat time in the Space Shuttle during liftoff and reentry

There's more, but they aren't real family friendly.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
My list:

Pilot a land vehicle (bike or car) in excess of 220mph.
Get my skydiving license so I can dive myself. (If you haven't jumped, you haven't lived!!!)
Bungee jump/base jump/ white water rafting/ cliff dive from large heights.
Race a vehicle I own in a regional/ national racing organization. Also take a racing course.
Have fun in the sheets with multiple females haha =)
Build my own vehicle from the ground up.
Get my BA in mechanical engineering tech, get all my licenses, have my own shop with a full CNC/ manual machine outfit, and make the worlds smallest working fuel powered V8+ transmission (and the rest of the car to go with that if I can ever accomplish that much).
Get through flight school in the navy and get into an F-18 E/F slot, thats #1 in priority at the time on this list.
Find the right woman and settle down, if I have kids- see them through birth to adulthood.
Make an impact on another person's life in a positive way.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
2011 bump for a great thread.

- Marry the woman of my dreams.
- Drive Route 66 from Chicago to L.A. (taking plenty of time to visit places along the way)
- Visit the Holy Lands, including the Sea of Galilee, Bethlehem, Nazareth, the Temple Mount, etc.
- Watch the sunset off the coast of Florida and the sunrise off the coast of Florida in the same day again.
- Get my pilot's license.
- Get my red hat at Bonneville.
- Build and race a vintage race car.
- Visit the Great Pyramids, Petra, Rome, Modena.
- Drive the Transfagarasan highway.
- Drive the Stelvio Pass.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
is living not enough anymore
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I've done a lot of things on my list already... Kinda settled out now. so i guess it would be... (in order of importance)

#1. Break the sound barrier in a boat
#2. fly an SR-71
#3. HALO jump
#4. Skydive normal (this would have to come after HALO as I'm afraid of heights.)
#5. Hit the lottery for millions
#6. Cliff dive into the ocean from the back of a carrier.
#7. ride in a real submarine for a day
#8. Build and drive a car with SR-71 engines (2) attached on the salt flats till there is nothing left of me or the car. Go out with a smile from ear to ear! (this would have to be the last thing for obvious reasons)
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Buckets (in this case) must be open and not sealed. That way, the owner can add to the bucket or remove as items are either accomplished and checked off. While I don't have much left in my bucket that I really want to do, I have actually done almost everything that I ever put on my bucket list. The only thing left as it stands today is to fly the Space Shuttle. Don't really care about visiting the International Space Station although, accomplishing the Shuttle ride would most likely end up in visiting the ISS.

Long ago, I applied for the Shuttle Program, I knew I didn't have much of a chance but, if you don't try, you'll never know. Regardless, NASA required all finalists to have fast mover PIC time and I only had R/W MTP PIC time. It is what it is. Virtually everything else that was on my bucketlist I have done. From marrying the love of my life, raising two wonderful children to adulthood, successfully riding a bull in a rodeo, team roping and winning, to skydiving (98 freefalls), mountain climbing, college football, college degree, acquiring my own home, shop and collection of Fieros and my Valkyrie, ect......................... Can't think of much in my life I wanted to do that I didn't do except that darn Shuttle flight.

That's not to say I am not adding things to my bucket list, there's just not much I really care about doing anymore that I haven't already done. Some of the things I've done have really pushed my own capabilities, things I wanted to do but, had to work really hard to accomplish. Some things just aren't that important. There are some folks that I still want to meet though, some of them are on this forum.

------------------
Ron

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Mine is to kick the bucket.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 199
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Buckets (in this case) must be open and not sealed. That way, the owner can add to the bucket or remove as items are either accomplished and checked off. While I don't have much left in my bucket that I really want to do, I have actually done almost everything that I ever put on my bucket list. The only thing left as it stands today is to fly the Space Shuttle. Don't really care about visiting the International Space Station although, accomplishing the Shuttle ride would most likely end up in visiting the ISS.

Long ago, I applied for the Shuttle Program, I knew I didn't have much of a chance but, if you don't try, you'll never know. Regardless, NASA required all finalists to have fast mover PIC time and I only had R/W MTP PIC time. It is what it is. Virtually everything else that was on my bucketlist I have done. From marrying the love of my life, raising two wonderful children to adulthood, successfully riding a bull in a rodeo, team roping and winning, to skydiving (98 freefalls), mountain climbing, college football, college degree, acquiring my own home, shop and collection of Fieros and my Valkyrie, ect......................... Can't think of much in my life I wanted to do that I didn't do except that darn Shuttle flight.

That's not to say I am not adding things to my bucket list, there's just not much I really care about doing anymore that I haven't already done. Some of the things I've done have really pushed my own capabilities, things I wanted to do but, had to work really hard to accomplish. Some things just aren't that important. There are some folks that I still want to meet though, some of them are on this forum.

About the shuttle flight... did you end up working for NASA in some respect? We may not always get EXACTLY what we want, but sometimes we find that by setting the bar really high, we end up going a lot further than if we set the bar low. While you may not have made it in the shuttle program, maybe you still worked for NASA in some capacity... that in and of itself is amazing...

Imagine how many people apply to NASA, how many lucky enough to get interviewed, and then... how many actually get picked at the end of the day?

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:
My wife gave me a bucket list.
1. Do the dishes.
2. Do the laundry.
3. Mow the lawn.
4. Vacuum the house.
5. Clean the bathroom.
Unfortunately, I only have until the end of the day to complete the bucket list, so I better get off of PFF.
Jim

blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

About the shuttle flight... did you end up working for NASA in some respect? We may not always get EXACTLY what we want, but sometimes we find that by setting the bar really high, we end up going a lot further than if we set the bar low. While you may not have made it in the shuttle program, maybe you still worked for NASA in some capacity... that in and of itself is amazing...

Imagine how many people apply to NASA, how many lucky enough to get interviewed, and then... how many actually get picked at the end of the day?

No, I was active duty Army at that time, the Army was looking to be more involved and get a little of good press I suppose. As you may well surmise, the Army doesn't get a lot of research dollars for space exploration. At most, any positions the Army got would have most likely been as a Mission Specialist.
There actually was an Army Space Program back then, the gentleman in charge was Col. Sherwood Springs. He was the guinea pig that was out their riding that cherry picker while they worked on one satellite or another. Must have been one heck of a ride.

Regardless, applying didn't get me the job so I just stayed and played with the US Taxpayer's Helicopters for a while. Imagine that, now there's a scary thought, huh?

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 02-13-2011).]

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post02-14-2011 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanDirect Link to This Post
..I lived out my John Wayne wet dream fantasies never got to have Janet Leigh mount me & use me as her personal love slave & foot washer however>>,but God sent me Tender Vittles, a beautiful,built Red head,The hand maiden of the lord,parachuting is highly overrated,riding with outlaw bikers is underrated,nulon pro strangth & NF racing are the best Octane boosters,,Today i would like for Scarlette Johansson to ride in my Fiero,& let my friends see me with her..Firing a 155 Howitzer is underrated..Tommorow is Valentines day and my wings will not lift my fat azz off the ground,I had a Cupid crossbow hit my heart ,hurt a lot,then I was tasered by Love,cupid can be cruel,,the biggest Rush in life is a combat assault,,Living on a sailboat sucks ,weeks at sea on a small sail boat is like being in Prison..,Jail not the paradise you think,I miss smoking and heavy drinking ,my favorite drink was a LOT,drinking gives you a purpose in Life,I was miserable when she left me?? U know this ,I stated dating a slut!! It was all down hill from there. Surinam?/what was I thinking!!
I was married,my daughters are drop dead Gorgeous,one was a Bikini model ,good thing my ol lady messed around,the long bow was once a feared weapon ,do not fear thermonuclear war

TSA terr plots uncovered NONE,,,but 1028 enlarged prostates,3200 hemarroids &133 transvestites were discovered,Santa taken out by groud to air missile this past year,Never expected so many azz whippings,owned a corvette,owned 3 Porsche & many Triumph & harley Davidsons,Ran a franchise Harley Davidson shop.DO YOU FEEL THE RISING EVIL IN THE WORLD?? I really opened up to her,she said she would call 911,what a bunny fart!""oasis recruitment limited// XE security //ECA program Ldt."" God all I ask is a slim body and a fat bank account,, please do not mix them up again!! Jeannie??I hated every bone in her body but mine? I chose to be happy.I was just standing there ,just before the Firebird hit me head on doing over 50mph,,I knew AF Porro the hero of Monkey Mountain,yes he did have the black belt of Flatulence, a fartmaster,I walked the hard killer mountains with Long and Loya,,Ive Been to tripple bean Fiesta nite,followed by lett,er rip contest, Samurai torture,I rode a Motorcycle across America,my first car was a 49 Ford,I lived to see the Simpleton in Chief,or is it Chameleon in Chief.I was a weapons & tactics instructor.I was a hash mark Sgt.
Ive been to Chechnya
I shot the eye out of a gnat,I fired expert 3 times on a Marine Corp range Qualification,barely qualified one time so drunk i could hardly stand,I dated Annette Cowart,a famous artist in her day,I served 2 weeks with the French foriegn legion,I fought beside Israeli commandos,Iv been to Borneo,I met the god of Hemaroids.I walked hard ground in Africa,saw a man drummed out of the Corps.Ive run in fear of my life ,but the eye shooters ,the men of steel did not have to look back to see if i l was still there,,I did my allotted share of sluts,dated many dancers.Did a LOT of school Teachers I have not lived as other men ,other that frequent trips to Ukraine & Bunos Aires,Now I live like a FAT drooling demented monk with a Fiero
I am dating Ms.Janet Claypoole a former fashion model,she,s on my facebook site..not bad looking for a mature white woman

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 02-14-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
My bucket list is to die. On a bike doing over 200 would be awesome hehe.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2011 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

Mine is to kick the bucket.

Wow, we have the same bucket list! YOU to kick the bucket! ( I kid, I kid)
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock