Started on: 07-03-2011 08:18 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: tbone42 on 07-04-2011 12:53 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Seems that one of the metro Atlanta area Recorder's Courts made a spur-of-the-moment decision to close early, even though they told callers, that morning, that they would be open until regular closing time. Hilarity (and rights violations) ensued. I moved out of this particular hellhole 15 years ago. This is why.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Why did they close early? For the holiday? Evidently, it didn't seem to work out very well, since they had to stay there until 4:30 telling everyone they were closed anyway.

Jim
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Why did they close early? For the holiday? Evidently, it didn't seem to work out very well, since they had to stay there until 4:30 telling everyone they were closed anyway.

Jim

Jim,
More than two folks work there, everyone else skip out the other doors. These two drew the long straw and most likely had to work the shift anyway.
I am interested to know just how the Police own official government property that isn't public property. That's not to say one can not be run off of public property, it can be legally done, I'm just not sure this was 100% legal in the way it was handled.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-03-2011).]

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Nothing personal, but you really just wasted my time and encouraged some whiney prick by reposting this?

So a public office closed a whopping 2 hours early on a holiday weekend. Wrong? Perhaps, an atrocity and rights violation and all that other bullshit, not even close.

And where are these 'dozens' of people turned away, because I count about 6 people total on the entire clip. And OMG its 98 degrees out and it costs money to park, well then dont hang your whiney ass around someplace you know is closed.

I would say the people featured in that clip behaved perfectly appropriately especially given some arrogant prick shoving a camera in their face. And just because its a county building does not give you the 'right' to be there when they are closed, especially not someone with the intent of amplifying turmoil and causing problems.
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

86GT3.4DOHC

10007 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by blackrams:
I am interested to know just how the Police own official government property that isn't public property. That's not to say one can not be run off of public property, it can be legally done, I'm just not sure this was 100% legal in the way it was handled.

I would say that was more of the best way he could express what he was really thinking on the fly, which was, get that goddamn camera out of my face and quit your bitching and go home, there is nothing you can do to magically make this office reopen.

These people arent public speakers, they dont have speeches on hand, they arent expecting going to work to be asked stupid questions and dont have off the cuff answers ready.

The officer is doing his job which is to protect the interests of the public and defuse a hostile situation and move people along, if the office had been closed that long anyone with a brain knows its not going to reopen because you threw a tantrum with your cell phone camera.

Was there a wrong? Perhaps, is the right thing to do to stand around crying about it to people with no say in the matter and make a whiney ass video dramatizing the situation? No. Go home, and first thing next buisness day call up the people in charge at the office and ask them to explain themselves. Or call whoever who you think is responsible for those people.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86GT3.4DOHC:

Nothing personal, but you really just wasted my time and encouraged some whiney prick by reposting this?

So a public office closed a whopping 2 hours early on a holiday weekend. Wrong? Perhaps, an atrocity and rights violation and all that other bullshit, not even close.

And where are these 'dozens' of people turned away, because I count about 6 people total on the entire clip. And OMG its 98 degrees out and it costs money to park, well then dont hang your whiney ass around someplace you know is closed.

I would say the people featured in that clip behaved perfectly appropriately especially given some arrogant prick shoving a camera in their face. And just because its a county building does not give you the 'right' to be there when they are closed, especially not someone with the intent of amplifying turmoil and causing problems.

Whiney Prick? Arrogant Prick with the camera?

While I understand public employees also like to take a early weekend break, the office should be at least minimally staffed during all posted hours of operation. Deciding to take off early is not an option IMO without advanced and published notice.

------------------
Ron

86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Whiney Prick? Arrogant Prick with the camera?

While I understand public employees also like to take a early weekend break, the office should be at least minimally staffed during all posted hours of operation. Deciding to take off early is not an option IMO without advanced and published notice.

Did you watch the video? lol. All that guy is doing there is trying to stir up **** and cause a commotion and fabricate drama. And the best he can do is freeze frame on one woman and capture another person stumbling over his words trying to get the guy to leave before he causes a real incident.

The office probably should have been open, thats for sure, but the entire focus of the video is this guy trying to cause drama and trying to fabricate an incident. And what is this a records building? Its not like its a soup kitchen or public health clinic. Show me the alleged rights violations, you dont have a 'right' to create an incident just because its on government property.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Keep in mind that several of those people called, that morning, and were told that the office would be open until 4:30. I'm guessing these people left work early in order to get their business taken care of. So they're just boned! (This was recorders court - traffic tickets, license reinstatements, etc.)
It's not a big deal for me to take off for an afternoon. For some people, it makes a huge difference.
They should have at least had a skeleton crew there.

Lest you think I posted this without knowing what I was talking about...
I used to do two-way radio work for this particular agency. Worked for the contracted company for ten years. They were our primary customer. I've been in that building so many times that I could still give you directions, 20 years later.
I also lived in that county until 15 years ago. The government, and the county, were both well on the way to falling apart when I left.
Now, they are pretty much a laughing stock. The picture of government arrogance ("his" building?! WTH..?!) and ineptitude. Second only to the City of Atlanta.
They deserve all the bad press they get.

If it's a waste of your time, why do you bother to keep posting?

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 07-03-2011).]

spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

especially not someone with the intent of amplifying turmoil and causing problems.

Hmmm.....

Anyway, I understand these people are just trying to tell everyone to go home, but they should have been prepared for such a battle. Maybe if they had their facts all in order and were able to give logical reasons as to why the building decided to close early, they wouldn't have had such a hostile and upset "crowd". I personally would be pissed if I showed up to get my license back or settle some traffic problems and the frackin place was closed, when they are suppose to be open. Of course I wouldn't be just sitting around asking numorous questions the officers obviously couldn't answer.

Nick

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2011 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

If it's a waste of your time, why do you bother to keep posting?

Yeah, that was what I was going to ask too.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock