Started on: 02-25-2012 04:47 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: madcurl on 02-25-2012 09:27 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Towards the end of the article, it mentioned that it affected "Lifted Jeeps".
If that's true, then it's an important omission, and pretty sleazy as well. (Oh well... Gotta get those ratings. Right?)

We had a '97 Wrangler that had over 100K on it when we sold it, and we never had the problem. It wasn't lifted, however.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthDirect Link to This Post
Maybe when they're lifting them the steering isn't adjusted along with it? Could end up with some nasty bump steer.
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
If you read the report as you are listening to it. Jeep/Chrysler uses this as an excuse, but all of the Jeeps that had the problem that was shown on the video did not have any modifications. Then Chrysler said it needed a steering dampner, which they had installed and it still did it. Then Chrysler said it was the tires, which were 50K mile tires with only 20K on them. It is most likely inherent instability in the suspension and steering system and a design problem. Surely it will cause accidents and people will get hurt of die because of it. It will come to light soon enough, but I would not drive a Jeep anyway since I don't want to ride that high in such a short vehicle.
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
The mechanics interviewed are completely correct. The cause is a WORN OUT Track bar. These people complaining are not maintaining their vehicle, if your car/ truck is shaking, get it fixed. Moog has a replacement trackbar that is physicially thicker in size and has a larger joint at the frame connecting end. I've replaced so many I can quote the moog part number off the top of my head without looking it up, DS 1235 fits 91 to at least 2004.

Having said that, one would wonder why after all these years hasn't Chrysler enhanced their trackbar design? Aftermarket has over 20 years ago.

[This message has been edited by jelly2m8 (edited 02-25-2012).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
My daughter has a 2005 Liberty, and I'm glad that it apparently doesn't affect her vehicle. But, my half-brother and sister-in-law both have Wranglers. Thanks for posting this so that I can give them a heads up!
Niterrorz

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzDirect Link to This Post
ya typical Chrysler fall apart on you when your driving lol
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonDirect Link to This Post
Ive had more experience with chryslers than I care to think about but i can tell you one thing about all of them... Its all about preventitive mantinance. Even then its even more about pre-preventitive mantinance lol Throw away cars IMO. It just really sucks because they look so damn cool looking.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Death Wobble youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwiv23dLhMY

For a farely new Jeep this can't be good.

Changing out bolts

http://www.youtube.com/watc...c7QQ&feature=related

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-25-2012).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock