Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  How does our President work it at Mandela's funeral? (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
How does our President work it at Mandela's funeral? by Tony Kania
Started on: 12-11-2013 01:04 PM
Replies: 66
Last post by: User00013170 on 12-14-2013 10:06 AM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Whether or not it was a memorial or a funeral, to me it shows disrespect. If it was a national block party why wasnt Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus entertaining...
IP: Logged
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Because Miley Cyrus never is?
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Because Miley Cyrus never is?

I thought I heard Mandela wasn't a big fan of twerking, so Miley was out but the runner up was the Right Said Fred!
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

If it was a national block party why weren't Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus entertaining...

Maybe South Africans have better musical tastes than we do......

User00013170

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post12-12-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Whether or not it was a memorial or a funeral, to me it shows disrespect.

That so few people feel this way tells quite a bit of how far this country, and its citizens, have fallen into the abyss.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Please....

I doubt some of you guys would make the same complaint if "President Romney" showed up in a blonde wig and a tutu....

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 12-12-2013).]

User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-12-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Please....

I doubt some of you guys would make the same complaint if "President Romney" showed up in a blonde wig and a tutu....

Unless he was normally a cross-dresser, personally i would complain. ( tho a tutu would not be appropriate, regardless )
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
It is a better act than Miley Cyrus.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-12-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Please....

Very much not kidding, but when you said "President Romney", I shuddered.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonDirect Link to This Post
Seems like the Danish PM was the initiator...

http://www.theguardian.com/...dela-memorial-selfie
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by User00013170:

That so few people feel this way tells quite a bit of how far this country, and its citizens, have fallen into the abyss.

Hardly. I just know this wasn't your typical funeral, so to talk about it as if it was is ridiculous!
PFF
System Bot
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pics you may have missed......

On Tuesday, conservative news outlets in the United States decided that the best way to commemorate the life of Nelson Mandela, and to report on the memorial services in his honor, was to manufacture a controversy about an AFP photo of President Barack Obama shooting a selfie with Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt. According to Fox News, the “international incident” was so bad that, “The tsk-tisk-ing could be heard across continents.”

Liberal news outlets countered with a photograph from former President George W. Bush’s Instagram feed, taken at the same memorial, in which he’s seen posing with pop star Bono.

Two things were lost amid the nonsensical partisan wrangling. First, the furor shamefully overshadowed the memorial service itself, and the heartfelt messages that were delivered by Mandela’s family and colleagues. Second, such outcries overlook the close quarters in which our Democratic and Republican politicians actually live and work.

Candid images from White House photographer Pete Souza tell another story.

http://www.policymic.com/ar...trip-to-south-africa

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 12-12-2013).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonDirect Link to This Post
Members of the media regularly look to sensationalize things, frequently out of context to further their fame.

What would you prefer people do when your time comes?

1. Be suitably solemn when appropriate, considering your time to shine has ended?

2. Grieve for the surviving family members who will miss you?

3. Celebrate what you've accomplished & what a great person you've been?

4. All of the above?

I suspect Nelson Mandela would be humbly pleased that all of the above were expressed during his funeral by an unprecedented assemblage of world leaders.

We should conduct ourselves in our own little worlds to achieve likewise, eh?

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post

I didn't read this yesterday, and can see now I needed a different perspective. Obviously, once you get to be an elite political operative, you are welcomed into the exclusive inner circle where
" We know it is all for show, don't we? " Makes that Illuminati thing plausable, doesn't it?

None of which changes Obama's lies and thumbing his nose at the ( apparent ) Constitutional separation of powers.

jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

I know... how dare they have fun on that plane! Doesn't Obama know he is going to a "funeral"? Where is the outrage from the liberal media?

(seriously.... it is nice to see everyone together, as it shows that we are all human).

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2013 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
We all look at death differently. We all show different forms of respect. None of it is wrong. My reasons for posting the pic were just that, mine. To some it is a celebration of life. I did not see it that way, but after reading through the responses here, I can see why he may have snapped a selfie. I am still not happy about it, but that, once again, is my view. My feelings. All should grieve in their own way, and I apologize for the direction of my OP.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 12-13-2013).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Regardless, thanks for the thread. Seeing Michelles expression in the first two photos was priceless. Then in the last one she has moved between Barack and the woman.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-13-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-13-2013 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:
I did not see it that way, but after reading through the responses here, I can see why he may have snapped a selfie.

I expect the president of the united states ( whoever is in office ) to rise above this nonsense.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

I expect the president of the united states ( whoever is in office ) to rise above this nonsense.

Rise above what? The nonsense that is written in this forum...?
PFF
System Bot
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-13-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Rise above what? The nonsense that is written in this forum...?

Some of it, yes.

The president should represent the best of us. Not the worse.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post

Some of it, yes.

I'm sure he's a lurker here

And his wife, too.
Red88FF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 130
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Red88FFSend a Private Message to Red88FFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I'm sure he's a lurker here

And his wife, too.

By proxy via NSA........ sorta joking
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
The loss of a great man is made more painful because 0bama had to live through it. Can't we all put aside our petty differences for one moment to grieve for President 0bama having to wake up with the knowledge Mandela is no more? What about Michelle, Malia, and Sasha? Surely the impact Mandela's death had on 0bama can be felt at home.

Pray for 0bama in his hour of need, even though the burden he carries cannot be comprehended by the mere masses.

Much like the burden he carried when Margaret Thatcher passed... oh, nevermind. He didn't go to her funeral. But that's to be expected, with her being old, white and rich - the very embodiment of the evil 0bama is fighting.
jaskispyder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Much like the burden he carried when Margaret Thatcher passed... oh, nevermind. He didn't go to her funeral. But that's to be expected, with her being old, white and rich - the very embodiment of the evil 0bama is fighting.

I guess the same can be said for these folks who didn't show up either? Look at all those people that hate old, white, rich women....

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev

Former U.S. President George W. Bush

German Chancellor Angela Merkel

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto

Alicia Castro, Argentina's ambassador to the U.K.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post12-14-2013 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

I guess the same can be said for these folks who didn't show up either? Look at all those people that hate old, white, rich women....

Former U.S. President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev

Former U.S. President George W. Bush

German Chancellor Angela Merkel

Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto

Alicia Castro, Argentina's ambassador to the U.K.

"Formers" don't count.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock