Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: ORIGINAL Holley Ram Air Scoop - MINT CONDITION!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

FS: ORIGINAL Holley Ram Air Scoop - MINT CONDITION! by gielamonster
Started on: 07-25-2005 12:12 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Spoon on 07-31-2005 07:42 PM
gielamonster

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2005 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gielamonsterClick Here to visit gielamonster's HomePageSend a Private Message to gielamonsterDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I'm selling an ORIGINAL Holley side scoop. This came off an 1984 Fiero I had a few years ago. I've held onto it thinking it would gain some value eventually, but those dumb knock off scoops from the Fierostore killed that idea.

But if you can appreciate the "rarity" of the original part over the knockoff, please bid. I started the auction at only $.99 so who knows, it could end really cheap.

Here's the link to the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7989232504

And some pictures of the scoop...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gielamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gielamonsterClick Here to visit gielamonster's HomePageSend a Private Message to gielamonsterDirect Link to This Post
Pretty good response so far. If you're looking for an original scoop some day, don't pass this one up. You won't find one in better condition.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2005 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Good luck with the auction.

I wouldn't have called it "mint" since it does show fading on the lettering, but if it helps....

gielamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gielamonsterClick Here to visit gielamonster's HomePageSend a Private Message to gielamonsterDirect Link to This Post
How about "minty" then? Yeah I get your point. Although the only way one could be in better condition is if it was just New Old Stock off some dealer's shelf. I thought about refinishing the lettering myself, but figured there was a better possibility I'd screw it up. So I just put it up as-is, and for a perfectionist style Fiero owner, he can either install it like that for an "authentic" look, or take his time and refinish the lettering with care.

Thanks for looking.

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Sorry, I didn't mean any offense. I my experience, it seems like people bid higher and you get a better response if the ad copy matches the item. "Mint" or "10/10 condition" means the item is virtually indistinguishable from brand new to most people. It seems like a bait and switch if the ad says one thing but the item is something else.

But you've got great, clear pics of the scoop so it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I just wanted to make a suggestion that might help the auction go smoother.

I've seen them sell for well over $50, and for a NOS quality one, over $100, so you may do well on the auction. Good luck!!

gielamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2005 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gielamonsterClick Here to visit gielamonster's HomePageSend a Private Message to gielamonsterDirect Link to This Post
No offense taken Formula, I totally agree with you. Like you said, "mint" should indicate "like new". This nameplate of this part is obviously not, although I would say that the rest of the scoop is "mint".

No point splitting hairs at this point, like you said, the bidders have enough pictures to see the condition.

Thanks for the interest.

[This message has been edited by gielamonster (edited 07-27-2005).]

I wear pants

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I wear pantsSend a Private Message to I wear pantsDirect Link to This Post
I bid on that before I read this post. What a coincidence.
gielamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gielamonsterClick Here to visit gielamonster's HomePageSend a Private Message to gielamonsterDirect Link to This Post
gielamonster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2005 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gielamonsterClick Here to visit gielamonster's HomePageSend a Private Message to gielamonsterDirect Link to This Post
Just a couple hours left!
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2005 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonDirect Link to This Post
Touching up these scoops is real easy. My honey did this one for me.

Hope this pip works,, its been a while.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock