Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Original KAMEI X1 ground effects kit (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Original KAMEI X1 ground effects kit by FieroGT 914
Started on: 03-26-2008 05:42 PM
Replies: 60
Last post by: Fiero5 on 04-28-2008 06:44 AM
FieroGT 914

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT 914Send a Private Message to FieroGT 914Direct Link to This Post
UPDATE: 03/30/08 8:00 pm EST: As promised, I got it out of the packaging today and took some pictures. It doesn't get any newer than this! The extra pieces for the front and rear fascia are still attached with packaging tape the way they were shipped from the factory. See below. You can see dust on the parts from the open ends of the bags they were stored in. I took the pictures directly after removal from the bags. In response to some of the questions, yes they are plastic, NOT fiberglass.
--------------------------------------------------------
Well, since I'm in the mode to clear out some Fiero stuff and I realized that I have an original Kamei ground effects kit that I bought a long time back. I haven't seen a full kit for sale on here for a long time, if not ever! I believe it will fit all coupes, but beyond that, I don't know. It's not in the original packaging but I do know that none of the components have ever been used.

Since it's new, it may be perfect for someone that wants to make some reproductions to market again.

It's the X1 Master kit - Kamei item number 46680 which I recall as being eight pieces including:
3 pieces for the front spoiler
2 side skirts
3 pieces for the rear skirt

I have no idea how much to ask for it so I was hoping you guys could help me out. I'll probably leave the post on here for a while and in a few weeks I'll put it up on ebay unless it gets sold from here.

Thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by FieroGT 914 (edited 04-26-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
fyi i have the skirts to this kit and have seen pics with cars that have the full kit. very good looking kit.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
Do you have pictures of it?
macphail8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for macphail8Send a Private Message to macphail8Direct Link to This Post

$524.18 originally?

Cheers, Derek
mtownfiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mtownfieroSend a Private Message to mtownfieroDirect Link to This Post
if you search kamei a picture of the kit on a black car should come up pretty quick. It makes the car look more exotic i think.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
I agree. Someone should reproduce this.

macphail8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for macphail8Send a Private Message to macphail8Direct Link to This Post
Does that ever do wonders for the front!

Love to see a pic of the rear if anyone has one.

Cheers, Derek
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
god i love that kit.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Are these parts plastic?
I would love to have them to pull molds (it IS one of the best looking kits ever for the stock bumpers), but in order to do so I'd have to have enough folks interested to justify the cost/time to make the molds. "Enough" would mean probably ten or more; "interested" would mean willing to put up $100 deposit & wait perhaps weeks for their kit (for the last folks on the list). Cost would be around $750 per kit for the eight peices - quality gel-coated hand-laid parts.
So... what do you want for them & how much to ship to Ga.?
Who's interested? (check my feedback) You can PM me or email me at ImThaDriver at yahoo.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
depending when you needed the $100 id be in. hell id buy anoher bumperpad just to put it on!
xypher-alexis

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for xypher-alexisSend a Private Message to xypher-alexisDirect Link to This Post
Honestly I love the kit, but it reminded me of the '87 nissan pulsar I had. I think that was the most reliable car out of the 9 i've owned, except my 2000 Grand AM GT.
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I have the side pieces on my car and the rear bumper hanging in my shed as mine is an 86 SE and the front and rear are for the earlier non aero bumpers. To put the sides on an aero car you have to change the Fiero rockers back to the non aero ones.
I like the looks of the side ones better then the ones that come higher up and would also be willing to buy another set for the sides if the price is decent. Dan

------------------

Signature compliments of F-I-E-R-O
2003 3800SC series II powered
www.photosled.com/showgallery.php/cat/631
www.photosled.com/showgallery/cat/1583

Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
To how Much would that cost to ship in Canada ? Anyway let us Know on more News I may be interested ...Rob

[This message has been edited by Newbfiero (edited 03-28-2008).]

macphail8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for macphail8Send a Private Message to macphail8Direct Link to This Post
If I could have a better look at the rear bumper, I might be interested in one.

Let us know what kind of time frames you're looking at!

Cheers, Derek
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Woud be nice to have one moded to fit 87/88 coupes/Formulas.
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
If someone who's good with fiberglass, such as SAGE, Archie, or Amida, can try and duplicate the part. I'm sure they could also make them to fit the '87's and '88's.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Would be nice to have one moded to fit 87/88 coupes/Formulas.

yes it would...
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Woud be nice to have one moded to fit 87/88 coupes/Formulas.

I could do that too. Just take longer on the time frame, & the price would have to be adjusted to cover R&D.
BTW I've been doing custom fiberglass and mold & part making for 37 years.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

whadeduck

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

I could do that too. Just take longer on the time frame, & the price would have to be adjusted to cover R&D.
BTW I've been doing custom fiberglass and mold & part making for 37 years.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

My bad. Did'na mean to leave ya off the list. Now I know.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
WOW, this makes the coups look hotter

------------------

T-Top ~HUD~LEDs ~Red Fieros~Carputer~Montreal Club

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

I agree. Someone should reproduce this.

This is a buddys car. I can tell you the kit makes the car look 100 time better than stock.
PFF
System Bot
FIERO JOHN-WI

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIERO JOHN-WISend a Private Message to FIERO JOHN-WIDirect Link to This Post
Pm you.
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

This is a buddys car. I can tell you the kit makes the car look 100 time better than stock.

I knew I wasnt crazy, I did see this beautiful car at my first NTFC meeting. Cool. The kit almost makes me wish I had a coupe, but I have GT's.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whadeduck:

My bad. Did'na mean to leave ya off the list. Now I know.

No prob: there are probably 100 guys here that could do it.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
FieroGT 914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT 914Send a Private Message to FieroGT 914Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DCRFiero1:

I knew I wasnt crazy, I did see this beautiful car at my first NTFC meeting. Cool. The kit almost makes me wish I had a coupe, but I have GT's.

That's the reason I'm selling - because I only have GT's.

A note to all who sent pm's - they've been returned. I'll try to get the pics of the kit this weekend and post them by Sunday night.

Thanks for the interest thus far!!!
Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2008 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thx for your pm FieroGT 914 ..Have a great weekend coming to you and best of luck on the sale ...Rob
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

yes it does, that's only way i could take a bumper pad fiero.
cooguyfish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post
I would also be interested in a reproduction body kit. Perhaps we could start a thread on that alone so as not to jumble up this for sale thread.

-Brandon
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is a thread with scans of the original brochure I posted.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/067899.html
FieroGT 914

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT 914Send a Private Message to FieroGT 914Direct Link to This Post
UPDATE! As promised... See pictures added in the first post.
85SE
From: Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada (yes, the town is named Paradise!)

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEClick Here to visit 85SE's HomePageSend a Private Message to 85SEDirect Link to This Post
I no longer have a Fiero but I would have made you an offer if I did

Imagine this with a chop top

Andrew
PFF
System Bot
Blue Shift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue ShiftSend a Private Message to Blue ShiftDirect Link to This Post
Nice! I have a Kamei front air dam, but that's it. I really wish I could somehow make a mold from it without risking or damaging it, since I'd be nervous to drive around with an original bolted to the front of my car. I'll get it (or a clone, at least) installed once I get the time and money to install the 3.1L Turbo Grand Prix drivetrain I have sitting on my garage.

Looks like you have quite a treasure, having the whole thing!
Robs Fieros

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robs FierosSend a Private Message to Robs FierosDirect Link to This Post
I like it on this white 84.

Without the black moulding...

[This message has been edited by Robs Fieros (edited 03-30-2008).]

Newbfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroDirect Link to This Post
Thx for the Pic FieroGT 914 and also the question ..
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, Someone should pull the molds from this it would have a market.
rx191

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rx191Send a Private Message to rx191Direct Link to This Post
i'm very interested and would like to buy the kit if you still have it please let me know asap, i tried to send a private message but couldn't said i didn't have permission
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mister:

Yeah, Someone should pull the molds from this it would have a market.

I want to, but I don't have the money to just buy the kit & make the molds.
The worst part of it is the plastic will get broke if someone puts it on their car (it always does sooner or later), & the chance to get molds off of clean original peices will be gone.
I could also make the front & rear peices as one peice, making cleaner-looking lines & eaiser installation. In addition, the rear exhaust openings will need to be opened up for any car with GT tips.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Mister

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately Paul I can't help on the funds part, but maybe it's worth asking one of the current fiberglass parts makers to pull it, this way the opportunity won't be lost.
My 2c
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

I want to, but I don't have the money to just buy the kit & make the molds.
The worst part of it is the plastic will get broke if someone puts it on their car (it always does sooner or later), & the chance to get molds off of clean original peices will be gone.
I could also make the front & rear peices as one peice, making cleaner-looking lines & eaiser installation. In addition, the rear exhaust openings will need to be opened up for any car with GT tips.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

maybe we should take up a collection to buy the kit and then have Paul make molds and extra kits. especially for the '87/'88 coupes.
slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Slick:

maybe we should take up a collection to buy the kit and then have Paul make molds and extra kits. especially for the '87/'88 coupes.

if it comes down to it i will donate money i loooove that kit.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock