Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Buy a completed and road tested/tuned engine swap on a cradle with tranny for 2k! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
Buy a completed and road tested/tuned engine swap on a cradle with tranny for 2k! by MadDanceSkillz
Started on: 01-05-2010 02:15 PM
Replies: 71
Last post by: MadDanceSkillz on 01-12-2010 12:57 AM
MadDanceSkillz

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
My car was just wrecked in the front. I was on the highway and there was a car sideways in the middle of the road, probably due to an ice patch. The lights were on and someone was inside. I had a choice to make, possibly kill someone or definitely hurt my Fiero, and I chose the latter. The front end and 75% of the plastic is screwed up. The worst part is, the car that made me have to go off the road to avoid killing the driver took off, and I don't have collision insurance, so I won't be getting any insurance money since they bailed. So much for doing the right thing.

Anyways, the car is getting parted out. The featured item will be an engine swap! Here are the stats.

----------
ENGINE

204HP - ~240 Ft/Lb TQ

3.4l Firebird V6 with ~43k miles on total engine rebuild - ~83k miles on engine total
Trueleo Intake - If you don't know what this is, look it up. They are about 700 dollars and add a lot of power.
Crane 1.6:1 Roller-Tipped Rockers
17 lb/hr Fuel Injectors
Ported Lower Intake
All Stainless Steel Vacuum Lines
Stainless Steel Braided EGR Tube
Darrell Morse 57 MM Ported Throttle Body
Ported Exhaust Manifolds
Spintech Hi-Flow Muffler
Aftermarket Hi-Flow Cat
Some sort of Corvette Exhaust Tips
Replaced Water Pump
Rebuilt Distributor

----------
TRANSMISSION

3.65 4spd. Shifter cables have been replaced and will come with the swap along with the shifter if you need it. Not much to say...it shifts smooth and easy, doesn't grind or anything. It's a lot smoother than the other 3.65's I've had.

----------

Engine runs like a top, and sounds great. No mechanical issues whatsoever. Revs super clean, idles perfect...I can't stress enough how well this engine runs. It is custom tuned and will come with the original manifolds/etc. It is clean on the inside as well. Most V6's are grimy as hell when you look into the oil cap, but not this one.

This swap will be on a cradle already mounted and ready to go. Pull yours out, put this one in, and that's it. It would be a one day swap for most people. A shop could even do it for you. Just tell them you want a remove and replace job and pretend the new cradle is the old one. I called a few shops around here and they want between 500 and 850 to do it if you didn't want to do it yourself.

I also have fastback tail lights, a corvette tail light conversion, OEM sail panels in 9.5/10 condition, leather seats, LeBaron swap brackets, 5 spoke 16" wheels with tires, and some other stuff.

I'm asking 2k. For the amount of money in this engine and the intake coupled with the time saving and the transmission included, that is a great deal. Also will trade/trade with cash for good running manual transmission Fiero.

OTHER GOOD STUFF!

Hahaha. Yeah, I don't blame you. If I saw a Trueleo intake for 250 I'd be whipping my wallet out faster than you could say "flabberdash".

And if I saw one for 100....well, you get the idea.

But I just decided all the fastback stuff will officially be for sale.

Here are the prices -

I WENT BY WHO CONTACTED ME FIRST IF TWO IDENTICAL OFFERS WERE MADE, WHICH HAPPENED MORE THAN ONCE. If you see the best offer at an offer you made but your name is not beside it, that means someone else made that offer first. Everything will be sold on a Best Offer basis.

Stock Sub and Subwoofer Housing with New Subwoofer - SOLD

Nice 4-Spoke steering wheel - 25

Decent Dash - 50.00

Decent 4spd Silver Shifter Bezel - 15.00

Excellent Silver Gauge Cluster Bezel - 20.00

HID Headlight kit with EVERYTHING needed to do the 15 minute conversion - 175.00

Complete V6 Intake with Throttle Body, Plenum, and Silver Intake Below Plenum - 175.00

Authentic GM Service Manual for 86 Fiero with Black Leather Covers And Fiero Emblem - 45.00

Any Plastic Interior Trim Piece - 25.00

Nice Doors With Power Everything - 75.00 Each Pickup Only

Set of 4 Loaded Fiero Calipers that work Very Well and are Painted Red - 100 OBO

Full Set of LeBaron Brake Swap Brackets - 100

Prothane Total Polyurethane Kit for 84-87 Fiero NEW IN BOX - 100

Pioneer AVIC-F700BT head unit FITS GREAT IN FIEROS. I Have one installed in my personal car. It is a Double DIN Touchscreen/Navigation/Carputer/Does Everything Unit - 350

Set of 4 Stock 14" Wheels with Tires - 100 OBO Pickup ONLY

Vette Tail Lights - I'm keeping them

Fastback tail lights are for sale again. 200 dollars + shipping.

OEM Sail Windows - Sold

Leather Seat covers in 8/10 Condition - Sold

Fastback Wing - Keeping it

Entire Fastback Setup Ready To Install With Wing/Clip/Tail Lights of your choice/Sail Windows All in Great Condition - 700
I'll wait a few more days and see if anyone wants the whole clip, and if not, it will be parted out to the people who have made the best offers IF I decide to sell them that way.

Nice set of 15" Wheels that fit a Fiero Well - 200 OBO
Pics of Wheels

Also, pretty much everything out of the interior and front hood is for sale. If I missed something PM me! The whole car is getting parted out aside from the engine/transmission stuff!

Call me at 317-354-7360 or PM me.

------------------
86GT Modded 3.4l Pushrod V6 with Trueleo

PM Me if you need:
Lebaron Brake Swap Brackets
38004.9l Motor/Transmission Mounts
Fiero Rotor Hubs for Brake Swaps
Or any other custom fabricated parts! My prices are very low.

[This message has been edited by MadDanceSkillz (edited 01-12-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Man that bites... ...sorry for your loss! Hope you are ok.

[This message has been edited by timcha (edited 01-05-2010).]

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
I got cut up pretty bad and I think I have 2 broken ribs. It hurts to breathe. lol. I don't have health insurance and the other car fled the scene so I just have to tough it out with some Tylenol, which is not working very well.
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Really sorry to hear this. Can't you go to a County medical center ? Here the County operates quite a few Medical centers that will treat you reagrdless. You should get some kind of care so any broken bones heal correctly. The police should definitely go after the guy who was involved and left the scene.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
I know how to set bones. Ribs are kind of like a broken toe...there's not much you can do about them. The tissue around them holds them in place, though, so they'll heal just fine. Just hurts like a *****. Anyways, onto discussion about the swap!
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEDirect Link to This Post
I hope your alright and thiis slant turn you off fieros
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Nah, I'm already looking for another Fiero. These things are a lot tougher than people give them credit for...I smashed through 3 guard rail posts and broke 3 steel cables with virtually no frame damage. The plastic is pretty much destroyed though and the wire ripped off my headlights.
ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a sweet deal for someone looking for a quick, reliable, affordable, high hp swap!
This "should" go quick...
fyrebird68

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fyrebird68Send a Private Message to fyrebird68Direct Link to This Post
Price for the tail lights?
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post
Errrrrr........I hate to ask while you are in moarnng and all.......but what color are the seats and what do you want for them?
timcha

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaDirect Link to This Post

timcha

741 posts
Member since Jun 2008
Also, how much for the vette taillight assy, wheels/tires and sail panels?

[This message has been edited by timcha (edited 01-05-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
MooCow

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MooCowSend a Private Message to MooCowDirect Link to This Post
I am really sorry to hear what happened, it could have been a lot worse had you not done the right thing to miss the other car. Glad to hear that you are at least okay for the most part.

Is the 2K for just the engine or the whole car itself, or should I say what is left of the car Do you by chance have any pics of the engine and the car?

Thanks,

Ken~
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Don't worry, I'm over my grief.

The tail lights are -

200 for good uncracked stock GT set. Not just the lenses, these come with everything.

200 For the Corvette tail light conversion. Also comes with everything. It fits in the stock location with no mods and uses 2 84 Corvette tail lights. Also has the PONTIAC that lights up in the middle.

As far as the seats, they are 88 leather seats in decent shape. 8/10 or better. Just make an offer.

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

MadDanceSkillz

2591 posts
Member since Jan 2009
I may keep the fastback clip, but I'd say 100 for the sail panels. They are actual OEM ones and were one of the last sets bought from a GM dealer to replace the originals. I'll most likely keep the wheels, but 250 for them and the tires if not.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

MadDanceSkillz

2591 posts
Member since Jan 2009
The 2k is for the cradle and everything on it. You could just take the whole car but I get to take everything else of value off of it first. The frame is good and it COULD be rebuilt. No frame damage, just plastic.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

MadDanceSkillz

2591 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Vette tal light assy. is sold IF I decide to sell them.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post

MadDanceSkillz

2591 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Also will trade/partial trade this stuff for a running manual transmission Fiero.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timcha:

Errrrrr........I hate to ask while you are in moarnng and all.......but what color are the seats and what do you want for them?

This is what the seats look like that are in the car, As of a couple of weeks ago at least:

[Image out dated and deleted]

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-05-2010).]

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
No, those were replaced. I immediately sunk about 1,500 dollars into the car as soon as I got it replacing almost all of the interior, doing some stuff to the engine/etc.
tmur115

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tmur115Send a Private Message to tmur115Direct Link to This Post
if you decide to sell the sails, i need a pair and have 100 in paypal just waiting.... oh lol.... i hope you feel better....

lmk
=todd=
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Any good tricks for getting the sail panels off unbroken? A buddy of mine said it can't be done...
PFF
System Bot
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
fishing line for the sail panels. piece of cake. Feed it through using the smallest metal item you have (screwdriver) and just "cut" it off by walking it around the edges.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Carver. Any word on your car?
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkDirect Link to This Post
If it is all plastic damage on the front end, why not buy the front end parts and fix it bro?

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/094633.html

MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Every piece of plastic on the entire car other than the fastback clip (Miraculous, huh?) is toast. It also ripped off both headlights and all the related wiring. 2 flat tires. All glass but one window broken. And God only knows what happened to the bottom of the car. The engine and trans are fine, but I don't know about the rest of it. It's just not worth the trouble...

I just bought a 4cyl 5spd in great shape with all leather and lots of extras for 500 bucks because it has a bad slave cylinder (So I think). Unless someone makes me an offer on my engine swap soon it's going into that car and the fastback clip with it. I will still have a set of tail lights, the seats, and lots of interior for sale though.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootDirect Link to This Post
How much are you looking to get for the seats? Are those gray or tan? Pics?
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 people in for the seat covers at 200 already...but it's an OBO situation, so if someone offers me more it's still for sale.
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post
do you have the dyno sheet for that engine?
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Nope...the shop I took it to to get it tuned might have it in their records, though. When I got it it required premium gas and was running on the rich side so I got it dyno-tuned.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
If the sail panels are still up for grabs then their sold. How much for the intake if you sell it.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Looks mine mine is possibly available. I'll try to give you a call this afternoon.
PFF
System Bot
Ridgelandbaseball

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RidgelandbaseballSend a Private Message to RidgelandbaseballDirect Link to This Post
Where in Indiana are you? I am in NE Ohio. Just interested in finding out how far I am from you.

Also, you REALLY should be looked at by a doctor after a bad accident like that.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Muncie. NE Imdiana.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Are the sail windows sold? And will you sell the intake?
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I guess this means you are now not going to sell the Vette tail lights now?

BTW, Sell the sail windows to Antuzzi, then wait for one year to ship them LOL

(Sorry....inside joke)

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-06-2010).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2010 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Low blow john . And btw. Headliners are a pita to ship.
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
Might sell the intake...and I'm pondering whether or not to keep the fastback for a fastback swap, and if so which tail lights to keep.

I also have a complete V6 Intake with throttle body. 175 takes it. Real good shape, paint and all.

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
If you do sell the intake I have first dibbs
MadDanceSkillz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadDanceSkillzSend a Private Message to MadDanceSkillzDirect Link to This Post
PM me with an offer on the intake. It has a K&N Air filter I'll include with some recharging stuff as well
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
I'm real bad at making offers. Shoot me a price then we will go from there.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock