Started on: 11-07-2010 08:19 PM
Replies: 91
Last post by: skuzzbomer on 02-15-2011 09:04 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

The Yellow Rose of Texas - aka The Short Bus - aka Ol Yeller is now ready for a new owner.

I am posting this for a friend and just a few things to say here before I get to the details. First off, the asking price is 3500.00 - OBO! Now before anyone goes flaming away, you need to know that this is the "asking price". It does not mean that it is set in stone.- it means OBO - Or Best Offer! Meaning that if your best offer is 3000.00 and the owner tells you "Sold" then that's the price. It does not mean that if somebody offers more than you do after the owner has accepted your offer, that he will sell it out from under you. If you want the car, make a reasonable offer and I will pass it on to the owner - if he likes it, the car is yours - period. I will keep all interested informed and up to date through PM's. Now on with the details.

Many of you on PFF know this car or have al least seen it in a thread or two. It's been swapped, horse traded, chopped, swapped and painted. This is a Southwest car and is rust free.

Some history of the car:

I purchased the car in 2006 and my oldest son drove it to and from HS and work for a few years till he went off to college. Just before he left for college, the engine siezed and it was left sitting in my back yard. I purchased a rebuilt 2.8 and started the swap. I could not leave well enough alone with just a motor swap and I basically rebuilt the car. Once I had it "finished", my plan was for my youngest son to drive it to HS and work - he would not have it! No way was he going to drive a car that his brother had! So, after a few phone calls and emails, Carver1 and I made a deal and traded the 86 SE for the XTC. Carver1 had some oil pump issues and swapped in a 3.4 and drove the car around New Mexico for awhile. Then he got the chop top bug and the car was chopped about 2.5 to 3 inches. Now to cut the story short, Carver1 made a deal to sell the motor out of the car to another PFF member here in El Paso and then another Fiero guy here in El Paso made a deal with Carver1 to trade his take out 4.9 setup for the car. I know, it get's confusing but I am just the messenger here. Carver1 brought the car here and we swapped the 3.4 out of the car into a Mera, swapped the 88 2.8 from the Mera to the car and the proceeded to do the body and paint work on the car. So here we are today putting it up for sale.

The ODO shows 115xxx. The 88 2.8 has approx 80k and it is out of an 88 Mera. The interior is in pretty good shape - just needs some detailing. It has 88 seats in it. The front has been lowerd by cutting the springs and we put a set of stock 88 GT lace wheels on it. I put about 35 miles on the car today and it runs and drives great - it has all power options and everything works with the exception of the trunk popper and the mirror switch.

The good stuff:

New Nason Poly - Vivid Yellow paint w/clear Nason Poly Clear coat - it's not perfect but it looks pretty good - a professional buff job would make it better.
Chopped 2.5" to 3 " (I'll have to ask Carver1 to be sure)
88 2.8 w/80k with brand new exhaust - no cat! This motor has been well cared for, consistent maintenance and a recent tune up. It runs really well!
Clutch, pressure plate & TO bearing has approx 2500 miles.
Trans had new Bearings (internal) and the axle saver bearings/seals plus Synchromesh approx 2500 miles ago
Complete rear suspension rebuild w/poly, ball joints, tierods, struts (sensatracks), etc. 2500 miles ago
Poly Cradle mounts - 2500 miles ago
New Rear hubs - 2500 miles ago
Rebuilt Rear calipers complete with new inner pistons - 2500 miles ago
Rear Drilled and slotted rotors and new pads - 2500 miles ago
Rear stainless braided brake lines - 2500 miles ago
All (3) new e brake cables - 2500 miles ago
New Clutch Slave w/ the MR2 rebuild kit and BMW speed bleeder - 2500 miles ago
Complete AC system rebuild w/condensor, accumulator, orifice tube, compressor, switches - 2500 miles ago
New Heater core - 2500 miles ago
Both doors were rebuilt/serviced w/ complete door hinge rebuild using RD''s parts - 2500 miles ago
Front calipers rebuilt with new pads and drilled/slotted rotors - 2500 miles ago
Stainless Braided brake lines up front - 2500 miles ago
New front bearings and seals - 2500 miles ago
New front shocks - (sensatracks) - 2500 miles ago
I was just under the front end and the front end still seems tight - nothing is loose.
The headlight motors have been rebuilt with RD's rebuild kits - 2500 miles ago
I'm sure I am fogetting something - If I think of it, I'll add it to this post.

The bad:

Needs rear tires - we may be able to come up with a good set? Front tires are nearly new.
Needs to have the paint professionally buffed - it looks good now but has a little dust in it. I hand rubbed a small area and it looks really good.
Interior needs some detailing - just a good cleaning would make a big difference.
Right head light needs the internal switches cleaned - we will get that done!

Now for the pics:

I know this car inside and out - I have pretty much hand my hands on every nut and bolt on the car. I wish I had room for another Fiero. If I did, we would not be putting it up for sale! Like I said above, make a reasonable offer and I'll pass it on to the owner. He is motivated and wants to sell it - I need it out of my back yard - my boys are licking thier chops (no pun intended)! If you have any questions about the car, need specific pics, just let me know. I also have about 500 pics of all the stuff I did to the car when I owned it. If I can't answer your question immediately, I'll get the answer for you as soon as possible. In a few days, we will put it out on Craigslist locally - just wanted a PFF member to have first crack at it. Again, I know the "asking" price is up there but is just that - a starting point with room for negotiation. There are a lot of Fiero's out there with less miles and similar money but it is a Chop Top - how many of those are out there? Plus all the work that has already been done on this car pretty much makes it "get in and drive it".

Thanks for looking!

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 02-15-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
I forgot to add:

After looking at the car this afternoon, I decided to remove the front lip that Carver1 installed - mainly because the car was too low in the front to get it in and out of my back yard but also because I think it looks better. The lip and all the bolts will go with the car when it sells - if the new owner really wants it back on the car, I'll bolt it back on for them.

A few more pics:

Pat

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 11-07-2010).]

skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I'll start the bidding at $12.50 and a bag of pistachios...

Seriously though, I'm jealous - if I hadn't been spending my money on college-related stuff, I'd be making a serious offer right now

Good luck
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

I'll start the bidding at $12.50 and a bag of pistachios...

Seriously though, I'm jealous - if I hadn't been spending my money on college-related stuff, I'd be making a serious offer right now

Good luck

Hmmm those Pistachios sound tempting...... Thanks for the reply!

Pat
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Two bags of pistachios?

I've said it before but I really want a chop. A lot. And without the chin spoiler, I would almost be able to get it in my driveway. If I back it in. Maybe.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
Let me know if you have any questions about the chop, or anything else. I've seen this car in it's most uncomfortable moments.....

------------------
88 GT "The Stray" 4.9L
86 GT 2.8L 4 speed
85 Sport 2.8 4 speed (trailer donor)
07 Solstice GXP 2.0L turbo
08 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax Dually.
05 Tahoe on 20's (Kid hauler)

GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carver1:

Let me know if you have any questions about the chop, or anything else. I've seen this car in it's most uncomfortable moments.....

Yeah, she was naked there!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'v always liked this car. I also like that this was a home brew choptop and not an archie's chop top so it has an I'm diffrent complex to it. good luck with the sale.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I'v always liked this car. I also like that this was a home brew choptop and not an archie's chop top so it has an I'm diffrent complex to it. good luck with the sale.

Yep, This car has a lot of "character". Both Carver1 and I have shed enough blood and invented a few new cuss words through all it's "versions". I hope we can find a good home for it!
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Back to the top......Here's your chance to own a choptop.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Bumperooney!
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
I was just reminded that this 2.8 out of the Mera was pulled out and had all new seal/gaskets, rings, performance cam, etc. installed plus the exhaust manifolds have been welded and ported!

Did I metion that it's "Chopped"?

Pat

Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post
My favorite picture. Taken a few days after the chop. It shows the height compared to my Solstice.

The car also has a new headliner and sun visors recovered in automotive carpet. The roof section is stock size. I didn't trim it during the rake.
It has 2 3/4" taken out of the B pillars, measured in the middle of the rear window.
The front springs have three full coils removed. Over 2000 miles with no rub or wear issues before I sold it. The rear is stock.
I delivered the car from Albuquerque to El Paso. Zero issues. TONS of looks BEFORE the new paint!
Definition of Fun.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
No takers, seriously?

If I could afford it, it'd be sold already - what's wrong here? I'm lost on this one
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

No takers, seriously?

If I could afford it, it'd be sold already - what's wrong here? I'm lost on this one

Real FIero nuts are a decerning crowd - most would rather "build" thier own dream Fiero versus buying somebody elses! She goes up on CL this evening - I believe that there will be some good interest in the car locally. Fieros do not stay for sale very long here.

Pat

Arlyn

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArlynSend a Private Message to ArlynDirect Link to This Post
Are the side windows glass?
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arlyn:

Are the side windows glass?

No they are Plexiglass!

Thanks for the reply.

Pat
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post
Back to the top for my West Texas boys.....
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Bumper
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Keepin it Fresh!
MisterHolaMan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterHolaManSend a Private Message to MisterHolaManDirect Link to This Post
Maybe if I had a couple more months to make money, and a way down there... That looks cool as hell!
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MisterHolaMan:

Maybe if I had a couple more months to make money, and a way down there... That looks cool as hell!

Thanks for your reply - you never know!

Pat

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Direct Link to This Post
Free Bump for a good Texas fella. Good luck with your sale Pat.
Joe
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

Free Bump for a good Texas fella. Good luck with your sale Pat.
Joe

Thanks Joe!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Sunday Bump
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Hmmm - Not one offer? Must be too close to Xmas.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Hmmm - Not one offer? Must be too close to Xmas.

I can't think of a better Xmas present than a Fiero!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Bump! No reasonable offer refused!
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkDirect Link to This Post
If I had the cash I would take it in a second. Aside from hooking or selling other stuff no money for it. Haha unless you want payments lol
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Bump. also... I was never totally clear if it was a 5spd or a 4spd ?

If I hadn't spent so much money on various endeavours this year... The fairer sex can get to be an expensive distraction.
Carver1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Direct Link to This Post

Bump. also... I was never totally clear if it was a 5spd or a 4spd ?

If I hadn't spent so much money on various endeavours this year... The fairer sex can get to be an expensive distraction.

4 speed
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
That's what I thought...
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity Bump!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
T Day Bump!

Black Friday Special - 3500.00 OBO!
tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post
Heck of a price! I've always wanted this car but the distance is the killer.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tiretread:

Heck of a price! I've always wanted this car but the distance is the killer.

I was already to offer up a delivered deal until I noticed the "Iraq" location. Not that I would not enjoy bringing the car to you - I just don't think I'd make it that far. Plus I don't think the Fiero would take an IED well! Please stay safe and thanks for your service and sacrifice!

Pat

tiretread

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2010 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tiretreadSend a Private Message to tiretreadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

I was already to offer up a delivered deal until I noticed the "Iraq" location. Not that I would not enjoy bringing the car to you - I just don't think I'd make it that far. Plus I don't think the Fiero would take an IED well! Please stay safe and thanks for your service and sacrifice!

Pat

Pat,

I'm almost out of here so please PM me a delivered deal to N.FT Myers, FL. Thanks!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the upcoming new year!

Make an offer - you never know!

I really need to get this car out of my yard before I break down and buy it for myslef!

Pat
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by tiretread:

Pat,

I'm almost out of here so please PM me a delivered deal to N.FT Myers, FL. Thanks!

I'm a bit late on this reponse. I'll have to do some figuring - but I'll see if we can arrange something for "cost". I'll keep you posted - gotta move this car so the owner is motivated.

Pat
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Guys feel free to use my home as a meet up point if it helps out. More than happy to host!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock