Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Pat's Ultimate NHRA Drag Fiero for sale Cheap!

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Pat's Ultimate NHRA Drag Fiero for sale Cheap! by rotten
Started on: 03-07-2012 02:59 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: FieroGTguy on 04-17-2012 12:55 PM
rotten

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rottenSend a Private Message to rottenDirect Link to This Post
Up for sale, formerly the fastest mid-engine fiero. Belonged to Pat Ciarcia. The car at one time ran a 10.3 in the 1/4.

These pictures were taken when i first got the car, but nothing has really changed.
More info on the cars history can be had here
http://www.v8archie.com/pat.htm

First the bad.
Pat's motor is no longer in it.
I believe the motor in it is a stock chevy 305.
That motor knocks, not hard, but it's there.

The good.
Fuel cell, full roll cage.
Been lowered 2"
Archie's V8 kit used
Lots of good drag parts and hardware (nice light aluminum wheels)
Comes with another chevy block. I believe it to be a 327. I got it from a friends project build. Included, new pistons, forged and ground crank, and heads of some sort. I can shoot pictures if anyone is interested.

The real good
$1,500.00 (sorry this is FIRM)
I think this a very good price for what you get. I'm taking a big loss, but i just don't have time or the knowledge to do anything with it.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
What tranny is in this car now? I may be interested PM sent...peace

Pete

rotten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rottenSend a Private Message to rottenDirect Link to This Post
It's a modified Fiero automatic transmission. PM sent back.
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
Is this car street legal at all? does it have a title.
dratts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rotten:

It's a modified Fiero automatic transmission. PM sent back.

Th125? I think I remember reading about it when everyone was saying that the th125 was a pos. Obviously someone was wrong. Good price for someone!

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 03-07-2012).]

deceler8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Direct Link to This Post
Looks like a blast. But only if it could be driven back to Sioux City.

------------------

GTFiero1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2012 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTFiero1Send a Private Message to GTFiero1Direct Link to This Post
man why do you have to be far away...although i do have relatives in MO, and know someone in car transporting. Have anymore interior shots? Trans known to be good?

------------------

--Adam-- ASE Certified Technician

[This message has been edited by GTFiero1 (edited 03-07-2012).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
WOW very nice !!! a V8 that runs in the 10s that would be something to see ... good luck on this sale ... a real steal !!!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

rotten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rottenSend a Private Message to rottenDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tstang429:

Is this car street legal at all? does it have a title.

It wouldn't take much to make it street legal, at least where i live. This could vary dependent on upon how your state (or locality) views things like 5 point racing harnesses, non original engine configurations and smog control. Most of the original equipment as far as lights and the horn and so on are there. I think the pop-up light motors need the little plastic rollers redone. I have the title, but i never registered it so i don't know what it would take to get it signed over. I've priced the thing pretty low so if something needs to be done to fix the paperwork it should still be a steal.

Originally posted by dratts:

Th125? I think I remember reading about it when everyone was saying that the th125 was a pos. Obviously someone was wrong. Good price for someone!

Yup, the TH125. Thanks! I've kind of moved on from fieros and just thinning out the herd.

Originally posted by deceler8:

Looks like a blast. But only if it could be driven back to Sioux City.

It's just 353 miles!

Originally posted by GTFiero1:

man why do you have to be far away...although i do have relatives in MO, and know someone in car transporting. Have anymore interior shots? Trans known to be good?

What a great time to stop in and visit them! I'll take some more shots to post this weekend. At this point there is only one seat, but i have another new aluminum bucket and pad ready to go in it. As far as the transmission being good, when i last drove it, everything seemed to work okay, but this thing has had a lot of power through it, so it could last 50,000 miles or 5 feet. The car is being sold as is, where is. U load, U haul. That's why i've priced it where i feel is very fair. It is a huge loss on my end but i've not the time, nor the drive to work on it at this point in my life.

Originally posted by Danyel:

WOW very nice !!! a V8 that runs in the 10s that would be something to see ... good luck on this sale ... a real steal !!!!

Thanks! I sure hope someone buys it that can bring it back to it's former glory.

Thanks to all who posted. I'll try to get up some more pictures this weekend.

Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
If only I wasn't putting a down payment on a house..... I've always wanted a track day car
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2012 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Please PM your phone #.

Thanks,
Greg

------------------

[This message has been edited by FieroGTguy (edited 03-08-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
engine man

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for engine manSend a Private Message to engine manDirect Link to This Post
Darn nice car and price I dont think it will last to long kinda wish i dint have 2 project fieros going

[This message has been edited by engine man (edited 03-09-2012).]

rotten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2012 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rottenSend a Private Message to rottenDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:

If only I wasn't putting a down payment on a house..... I've always wanted a track day car

It would be a great car for that for sure!

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

back at ya!

Originally posted by engine man:

Darn nice car and price I don't think it will last to long kinda wish i dint have 2 project fieros going

Thanks! I'm taking a great hosing on it, but that's the way it goes. It is gone already! FieroGTGuy and i are working it out. I'm going to miss it. It's not like i did anything with it, but it's something i always wanted. I just don't have the talent, knowledge, or the time to do it right.
FieroGTguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2012 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
This makes me want to cry. I saw myself working on this, and driving it down the track. I was going to work on this while my GT was at Archie's getting chopped, but now I have to work on it just in order to drive it up to Archie's. It's making noise, and losing charge. If I can't fix mine, then I'm probably in the same boat with John with not being knowledgable enough. It shouldn't sit any longer than it has, and hope it will be at a track or show sooner than I would be able to have it ready.

Hopefully, it will be for the best, and I can give John more than what I paid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...em&item=330719090828

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock