Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Beautiful 88' Silver Fiero GT, Perfect seats, Taillights, Steering wheel, interior.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Beautiful 88' Silver Fiero GT, Perfect seats, Taillights, Steering wheel, interior. by jwrape
Started on: 04-24-2012 08:14 AM
Replies: 32
Last post by: jwrape on 07-24-2012 06:08 AM
jwrape

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
I am selling a 88 Fiero GT, 5 speed, Silver and loaded.
This car has had only two owners. The current owner bought it in 1988 with 7k miles on it. He drove it back and forth from Lake Lanier, GA to Atlanta. All the miles are commuting miles and even the insulation in the engine compartment looks new. The original paint is in good condition and still real shiny. The seats look like they haven't been sat in. The interior isn't deformed or dis-colored. The steering wheel is PERFECT!!!! The tail lights are PERFECT, no delamination. The body is straight and smooth. The car is absolutely original and the owner has all the service Records where he had it serviced ONLY by a Pontiac Dealer. It has the original Sunroof cover and sunscreen insert in the trunk. Also has the original wheel lock set for the car. Everything works as it should and it just purrs when it's running. The tires are like new. The owner drives it about every 3 weeks or so to keep it healthy. Owner says the spare tire hasn't ever seen the ground. Absolutely NO RUST what so ever. This is a true Southern Car.
It has always been stored under a large carport and kept clean. I have went over the car myself and did not see one part misplaced or missing. The car is absolutely ALL there. Great example of a Fiero.

The owner said he had a 88' Formula that he loved until someone hit him. He bought this GT to replace it and has loved it ever since. He is still very in love with the car but is getting older and finding it harder to get in and out of so he's letting it go. He is asking $6500 o.b.o. 770-354-1370 Call or Text me.

Cons: The only two things I would mention is that while he was at Home Depot someone let a flat cart run into the back of it in the parking lot that made a slice in the rear bumper that is shown in the pictures. It is low and not really noticable unless you are down low five feet away. Also the A/C is intact but has leaked down. Could both be fixed easily.
Pics below:

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/085541.html

[This message has been edited by jwrape (edited 06-08-2012).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Wow! I've had such a good response on my other forum and not one comment on Pennock's. I thought you guys would love this beauty.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Its a very nice looking Fiero. Almost makes me want to own two since it is almost the twin to my car. Good luck on the sale. The price seems very reasonable.

------------------

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1MohrFiero:

Its a very nice looking Fiero. Almost makes me want to own two since it is almost the twin to my car. Good luck on the sale. The price seems very reasonable.

Thank you sir....
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
Is the other forum a Fiero Forum? I ask because most of us here already have a Fiero or two (or more). But it is a nice "rare" Fiero.

good luck

Rob
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

Is the other forum a Fiero Forum? I ask because most of us here already have a Fiero or two (or more). But it is a nice "rare" Fiero.

good luck

Rob

Yea, it's listed on Georgia Fiero Club as well. Many of those folks hang out there too.

We are all one big family anyways.

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. I've had bad luck every time I've been told the A/C leaked down and only needs freon. Other than that potential problem it is a fair price.

If I didn't have a nice yellow 88GT 5 speed I'd be very interested.

Good luck.

BTW, would you mind sharing the link to the GA forum? I'm in the Birmingham area.
spartan_chaz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spartan_chazSend a Private Message to spartan_chazDirect Link to This Post
This is the link to our website: http://www.gafiero.org/

to get to our forum go to message board and click new forum.

There are alot of great and helpful members. We'd be glad to have you with us!
rennoc442

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rennoc442Send a Private Message to rennoc442Direct Link to This Post
Why isnt there a shot of the shifter?? Other then you saying what it is, I cant tell if its an 5 speed or auto???
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennoc442:

Why isnt there a shot of the shifter?? Other then you saying what it is, I cant tell if its an 5 speed or auto???

Look at this pic.
That's a Getrag shift cable, just "above" the EGR valve in the pic. It comes across the top of the tranny.
The select cable is hidden. Comes up from the bottom front corner of the tranny. No other tranny has cables like that.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 04-28-2012).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
That is one NICE example of how a Fiero was like, new. Good luck with sale.
PFF
System Bot
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rennoc442:

Here ya go

Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
That is one beautiful car. both of mine are rougher but your condition is what i am striving for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats Series 1 L67 W/ 5 speed getrag!
1988 Formula-GT

tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Direct Link to This Post
Trying to start a business or this car would be mine. Good luck with the sale.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2012 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the day

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Read your ad a couple times. How many miles are on the car?
Chris_86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_86GTSend a Private Message to Chris_86GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Read your ad a couple times. How many miles are on the car?

From the pic I can see 86748 miles.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2012 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_86GT:

The pic is accurate.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2012 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Weekend bump

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_86GT:

I saw that as well but the pic could have taken years ago. Figured I would ask.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2012 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I saw that as well but the pic could have taken years ago. Figured I would ask.

It's cool. All the pics are new..... Thanks for asking
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2012 06:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Weekend Bump, still looking for a good home

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 06:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
Reduced to $6500

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

Skybax

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SkybaxSend a Private Message to SkybaxDirect Link to This Post
Does it still have the original clutch?
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2012 06:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtDirect Link to This Post
That is such a beautiful and hard to find Fiero.... I wish I was currently in a position where I could do a fly out,drive home deal.. have not done that in a long time.
Good luck with the sale! Beautiful car!!!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent.

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 2000 L67 Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 11.9, 1.7 60ft)
New Engine on the Road again! FTW Motorsports style!
312rwhp/332rwtq

My CarDomain Site

proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2012 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jwrape:

I am selling a 88 Fiero GT, 5 speed, Silver and loaded.

Are cassette tapes still used over there ?
Not here
here you can't buy tapes here
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
You can find them but I've only heard about some folks still using them as cheap demo tapes. I'm not sure you can still buy them new or not
TommyT913

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyT913Send a Private Message to TommyT913Direct Link to This Post
Is this still available??
PFF
System Bot
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
Let me know more, im interested and will be close by shortly (moving to South Carolina) Thanks in advance

bd5av8r(at)gmail dot com

Thanks!
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 06:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeDirect Link to This Post
The ol' girl was sold about two weeks ago. Went to another Georgia owner. He should be signing up here to be a member

------------------
Car Thread:
86 GT

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock