Intake Plenum 12 point bolts? by Killerdude
Started on: 07-01-2016 04:13 AM
Replies: 10 (833 views)
Last post by: Ponnari on 07-22-2016 06:28 PM
Killerdude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerdudeSend a Private Message to KillerdudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While I was tearing down the top end to redo head gaskets and stuff, I broke a few of these bolts and no matter where I look, I can't seem to find replacements for them anywhere.
Shame really, They look really nice, I'd hate to replace them with some boring old hex bolts.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
might want to check the mall--someone parting out a car--probly get some there

------------------
Pat Jones

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ARP makes stainless steel screws/bolts in an array of sizes that are available with 12 point heads. They are sold in packages of five, they are not cheap, but they would be a perfect replacement:

Go to http://arp-bolts.com/ and click on the catalog on the main page. You will want to start on page 86 of the catalog. Oh you should also know the size and length of the screws you need. These can be purchased from Summit or Jegs.
Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2016 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent

I think I have a full set, PM me if interested

------------------
"Because in a split second, It's gone"
Ayrton Senna

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If Ponnari can't help you out, I have several sets of these too.

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 07-02-2016).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Killerdude:

While I was tearing down the top end to redo head gaskets and stuff, I broke a few of these bolts...

I'm kind of curious... how the heck did you break them?
Killerdude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerdudeSend a Private Message to KillerdudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I'm kind of curious... how the heck did you break them?

Well, Looking at some of the bolts I didn't break, they were all gummed up with dirt or something, Most bolts I got out the WD40 didn't get down cause of the dirt, At least thats why I'm thinking they broke.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 464
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2016 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Killerdude:

Looking at some of the bolts I didn't break, they were all gummed up with dirt or something, Most bolts I got out the WD40 didn't get down cause of the dirt...

So they broke simply trying to loosen them? That's kind of a surprise, because those particular bolts aren't required to be tightened all that much. Might've been corrosion I suppose.

And just so you know, regular WD-40 is a rather poor penetrating oil. Some info Here.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-02-2016).]

Killerdude

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2016 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KillerdudeSend a Private Message to KillerdudeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

So they broke simply trying to loosen them? That's kind of a surprise, because those particular bolts aren't required to be tightened all that much. Might've been corrosion I suppose.

And just so you know, regular WD-40 is a rather poor penetrating oil. Some info Here.

When I pulled the good bolts that didn't break, They came out with a LOT of dust/dirt looking stuff, Like a very, very, very fine sand, It was gummed up in the threads of the bolts and the holes they sat in. I've been finding a lot of bolts like that on other parts of the car dropping the cradle. Never seen corrosion like that, if thats what it is.

Blew my mind, Need me some PB Blaster, Or I'll mix up ATF and acetone in a jar or something.
Fastfiero1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2016 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastfiero1Send a Private Message to Fastfiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Killer, I came across this on Ebay today... http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-86-87-88-Pontiac-Fiero-2-8-V6-Engine-Intake-Manifol d-Plenum-Bolts-/162115932344?fits=Model%3AFiero&hash=item25bedcd0b8:g:adAAAOSwc1FXbaXK&vxp=mtr

Wasn't sure if you found your bolts or not.

------------------
Fiero's Owned:

1987 Coupe 2.5 5spd May 99 - June 03
1987 GT V6 5spd July 30 2012 - Current

Ponnari

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2016 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PonnariSend a Private Message to PonnariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay.
PM sent, also email with pic's
note: there are actually 13 chrome bolts
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery